Status: Completed

Stealing Stars

Onto the Floor

I borrow my dad’s car and drive to the mall to go and buy him something for Father’s Day. The mall is pretty packed but I don’t see anyone I know. I’m paying for the iPod stereo that I bought for my dad when Caleb comes up behind me.

“Hey, Chandler.” He smiles weakly at me almost like he’s embarrassed.

“Hi Caleb. How’re you on this very bright day?”

“Oh man, I had the worst headache of all time this morning.” He tells me, “What about you?”

“Well, lets put it this way: I wasn’t in the best shape this morning.” I laugh nervously because I think that whatever happened last night involves Caleb but I’m too proud or scared or whatever to ask him.

He is shifting nervously from foot to foot and he has his hands in his pockets. He looks like he wants to say something but just cant so I tell him that I have to get home because it father’s day. He looks relieved and I feel like I dodged a bullet.

I get home and wrap the gift. I sign the tag Love your children: Chan and Blake. Blake always comes to dinner and it has sort of been like a tradition for me to sign his name along with mine. I place the gift on the floor near my bed and I crawl back into my bed because suddenly I become too tired to do anything else.

It’s six o’clock and my mom is shaking me awake from my dream. I can’t remember it but I know it must have been something that I don't want to forget. Oh, just like last night.

“Chan, honey you need to wake up. Get dressed sweetie Leona and Blake are coming over in ten minutes.” She kisses my forehead as I mumble an “okay” and roll off my bed onto the floor.

I throw on a pair of jean shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt and put my hair into a pony tail. I don’t think that anyone really cares how I look because I know that they’ve all seen me look way worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know it's short and it has been a while and this is the last of the chapters that O have written so far and I need to get writing thanks for my loyal subscribers!