Status: Active again! Yay! :D

Thicker Than Water

Gunslinger

Whoever said pregnancy was pretty, they lied. They lied through their teeth. Emotions out of whack, random cravings for odd things, and the morning sickness which wasn't as much morning as it was sickness ALL the time.

"Andie?" I looked up in the mirror to find a sleep, shirtless Marshall standing in the doorway. "What are you doing up? It's like seven in the morning, on a Saturday."

"Nothing." I stood to wash my face off in the sink. The cool water washed away the grimy feeling and gave me a new feeling. Hunger. 'Oh my gosh, when will it end!' I yelled in my mind.

"Andie, you know you have to tell me what's going on sooner or later." He crossed his arms and leaned on the door frame.

"Nothing is going on. So, there isn't anything to tell." I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Ahh, I see. So, why you didn't take the shot and why your throwing up all the time." He questioned, with a smirk on his face.

"How'd you know I didn't take the shot?" I asked trying to keep my emotions off of my face.

"Andie, Andie, Andie. In the many years I've known you, you have never used a chaser."

"Oh.." My thoughts raced. He took a cautious step towards me as if I'd go crazy any minute. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice." A sigh betrayed my calm face.

His arms were around me, pulling me into him, "You're going to have to tell me eventually." We stood there for what seemed like hours, in each other's arms. He was the first to pull away with a kiss on my forehead. "We have work, hun."

----------------------------------------------

I barely remembered the shower, getting dressed, and the drive to Marshall's bar. It was all a blur lost in my thoughts. 'I'm going to have a baby, with no dad.' Sadness crept over my face.

"Don't look so glum." A guy said from the bar. "That face is too pretty to be sad." He reached across and brushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

With a small smile, I replied, "Thanks. What would you like?" My eyes found the worn surface of the bar floor.

"If you don't mind, a Vodka Red Bull." A smile spread across his face. I nodded, turned and mixed his drink.

"Here you go." I said siting the glass down. He winked, turned his drink back and I watched as he drained the glass of the alcohol.

He slammed his glass down, "We need to talk, Andie."

"Okay?" I said slowly, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"Well," he rubbed the back of his neck, "You remember anything about two weeks ago?"

"No." My answer was interlaced with pain. 'What the hell is going on?' I clutched my stomach, sharp, shooting pain exploded through my body causing my knees to buckle. Unwanted tears fell from my eyes.

"Andie?!" Matt jumped over the bar. "What's wrong, baby?" Concern wavering in his eyes caught me off-guard. He picked me up and ran out towards the exit of the bar.

"Hey And-" Marshall came around the corner just in time to see Matt carrying me out of the door. Hurt washed over his face.

"Okay, hospital guys!" Matt yelled once we were out of the doors and before i knew it I was in a car speeding down the road. Away from Marshall's pub. Another hit of pain radiated from my stomach.

"Ahh!" I cried out. 'Please, oh please Lord. Don't let this be a miscarriage already.' tears fell faster with that silent prayer.

"Hurry dammit!" He punched the driver's seat, "It's going to be okay, Ands. No worries." He bent his neck down and pressed his lips on mine. For a minute, everything stood still. It was as if it was only him and I, no pain, no car, no anything. Just us.

When our kiss ended, I was being shuffled into the emergency room with our fingers still intertwined. "Marshall?" And I was pulled into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha sorry it took so long.. I kinda got stuck!?
haha comment? subscribe!
comment what ever you'd like? or still who do you think the daddy is?