Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Bryan: “Are you questioning our intelligence?”

Well, Jessalyn was right. There was still a good amount left. But, now what? I look around, like as if someone knew the answers. The sun was down, and Derek had made a fire. Adelaide was on the complete opposite side of him. You could tell those two didn’t wanna be near each other. Jessalyn was at the outer edge of the group, not looking at any of us, just staring at the sky. That air-chick — Terra? Damn, there’s too many chicks here — wasn’t leaving Adam’s side. And what was weird, was he was almost enjoying it! Sunny and Aaron were just staring at a safe distance away from the fire. Everyone knew why. Fire and water don’t mix.

“Sooo, what do we do now?”, I ask, uncomfortable with this odd silence.

“We need to know the island. Why do you all want to kill us? Why are we elementals?”, Jessalyn asks, finally looking at me from across the crinkling fire. “Why do you guys live here?”

“We were born here.”, I say, shrugging. “How do you guys get here?”

“We don’t know. We went to sleep in England, and found ourselves here.”, Jessalyn says, looking away from me. “Why do y’all control the elements?”

“We were born that way. What about you?”

“It happened when we got here. Why do you want to kill us?”

I shrug, looking away from her. In all honesty, I don’t know why. Derek seemed to know why, so I nodded toward him. Derek’s focus was on the fire, though.

“Derek, dude! Why do we wanna kill these chicks?”

“Dad said to,” Derek says gravely. “He said you all were hiding around the island, too. Obviously, he lied.”

“Big time,” Jessalyn says, rolling her eyes. “Why can’t Terra remember who she is?”

Everyone knew that question was directed toward Adam. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head in a sign that he wasn’t talking.

“Fine. Don’t talk. But when she remembers, she’ll tell Sunny.”, Jessalyn says gravely, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Me? Why not all of us?”, Sunny says, shocked.

“I just tried killing Bryan.”, she winces with me. “I think there’s a good chance our friendship is questionable.”

“You’re still Jessalyn.”, Adelaide says, rolling her eyes.

“Whatever. Lets just focus. If we know anything.”, Jessalyn grumbles.

“Are you questioning our intelligence?”, I ask sarcastically.

“I already know you’re not the sharpest crayon in the box.”, Jessalyn says, smirking. “I mean, you did fall for that idiotic trick.”, she rolls her eyes, mumbling, “That I still have no idea why I did that.”

“You’re the psycho chick.”, Adam says plainly.

“Aw, what a great way to keep me from getting angry and trying to murder you. Thanks — I never learned your name.”, Jessalyn says, raising an eyebrow.

“Adam.”

“’Kay,” Jessalyn says, already staring up at the sky. “What month is it?”

“June,” I say automatically. “June 25th.”

“Cancer,” Jessalyn breathes. “The Crab.”

“Huh?”, Adelaide asks, confused.

“Sunny, how’s your element working?”, Jessalyn asks.

“Umm … I don’t know …”

“Well, we’ll just have to find out in the morning. I’ll be sleeping up in that tree over there, try not to wake me.”, and she was climbing up the tree she had pointed to. I shrug, getting ready for bed like everyone else. Adelaide and Derek moved as far apart as the tiny circle let them, obviously trying to keep from setting it on fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? lol