Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Adelaide's Fun Journey Through the Fire Wall

So, sitting on a beach in my pj shorts and tank, my hair up in a very messy bun with duct tape covered penguin slippers, the only thing I could think about was Oreos.

I had this huge hankering for these cookies from the Gods, but you know, weird tropical islands in which you magically land on don't typically have that kind of food option. I then gave all my attention to the HUGE-ASS FIRE at hand, and how I could save myself for future Oreo-digesting moments.

So, I ran into the jungle, to get as far away from the fire as possible. Because I am such a GREAT FRIEND, I completely ignored the tree house and just kept running, figuring the others would be smart enough to get up at run at the sight of the crackling, orange flame-monster.

Of course, me being the amazing graceful person I am, I tripped over a huge vine.

"Umph."

Now, that is a typical noise someone makes when they fall, I understand. However, I, the one who fell, did not make that noise, I swear. My mouth was to scared to open. (Or maybe it was protesting at the lack or delicious chocolate sandwich cookies filled with creme - I'll never be sure.)

"AAAAHHHHHHH!"

Now, that is a noise I DID make. Because I realized that the strange noise I had just heard came from a teenage boy lying under me. And he made the noise, because I fell on him. And I was not expecting a 16 to 17 year old teenage boy to be under me at that moment.

Oh, and as soon as we made contact, a huge ring of fire came around the two of us.

I jumped up, screaming at the top of my lungs. "HOLY GOD WHAT IS GOING ON? HOW CAN YOU BE SLEEPING WHEN THE WORLD IS GOING ON FIRE? THIS IS CRAZY! OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO BURN INTO ASHES AND I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED OR HAVE A BEAGLE OR EAT ANOTHER OREO!"

I legitimately was having an aneurysm. Seriously. I think I was about to die from having a nerve bust open in my brain rather than be burnt to death.

The guy looked at me like I was some crackhead jumping around in my druggie fit. "Um, no, I don't really think you're going to die. Just shut it off before you set the WHOLE ISLAND ON FIRE."

Now, it was my turn to look incredulous. "Just stop the fire? Like, by myself? what, you expect me to snap my fingers and just BAM"... I made a gesture with my hands, like an explosion..."the fire that is about to kill me and all my friends just STOPS. Just like that?"

He smirked. "Yes, yes I do. After all, fire is your element is it not? Unless, you know, I'm an idiot. Speaking of elements, the others you mentioned - where are they? I need to... introduce you to some people."

"Wait wait wait wait - you REALLY think this? You REALLY think I could stop a FIRE by myself? With no water? In my mind?"

This day was getting extremely weird. Ya' know, if landing in a tree house on some foreign tropical jungle island is not weird enough, I have to meet a weird psycho fire wielder who might kill me and rape me afterwards.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnn.

"Oh - wait - so you don't know how fire works? Like... you can't control it? Well, that's a different story. Hmm. I didn't think this one a hundred percent through."

As my life flashed before my eyes, I looked forward at the guy and saw he was insanely attractive. (Shows you where my mind goes when I'm about to burn to a crisp). He had this black-ish hair that was really full, but not like nerd-poofy. It was soft looking, not greasy at all, and not too long or short. The perfect hair.

His green eyes were just like mine - dark, but really bright, if that makes sense. They were a deep green, but they were really noticeable. You couldn't help but stare.

He was extremely tall - he looked around 6'4'', which kind of matched my 5'10''. What can I say? My mom was 5'11'' and my dad was 6'5''. He wasn't fat, not at all, but he was a nice bulk . He obviously had muscles, and was not at all overweight. He looked really strong. Which is good, because I hate scrawny guys. What good are they?

"So, are you going to keep staring at me, or pay attention?" I looked at his face again, calming down. "Now, you and you're friends are here, and I need to know where. So, you will tell me, or I throw you into a fire. And you die, and then I actually have to walk around the island, looking for them. Now, answer the question."

"What? You're going to push me into a fire? Wow, you are such a liar. In fact - I don't think you've ever killed someone before." Yea- I watch a lot of cop shows. " So, you're just bluffing. Pssh."

I was completely freaking out inside about this. I was so freaked out it wasn't even funny. But I was semi- keeping my cool.

But all was lost as the guy came closer to be and picked me up, bridal style, and walked closer to the fire. "Put me down, or I will kill you. Seriously."

"Tell me where the others are."

"NO!" I struggled, but it was futile. He had a vice grip on me.

We were standing in front of the wall of flames, which was at least eight feet tall, and I couldn't see how deep it was. "Last chance to not die, if you so wish."

"SCREW YOU!" I caught him by suprise, poking his eyes and then jumping out of his arm.

And directly into the fire.

No - not into the fire.

THROUGH the fire.

Yea, you read that right - I was immune to dying by fire.

I heard a chuckle. "By the way, my name's Derek."

And he walked right through too.