Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Jessalyn: Why couldn’t he have killed me?

“Oh dear Silvanus,” I hear someone sigh sadly. I grunt, squeezing my eyes tighter. I didn’t want to wake up, I couldn’t remember why, but I just didn’t want to wake up. “C’mon, Jessalyn, wake up.”, someone says, shaking me. I grunt, rolling over so my stomach was on the wet ground. I personally didn’t care. “Jessalyn?”

I finally open my eyes to glare, realizing it was Bryan. “You okay?”

“Why should you care?”, I snap.

“Someone’s grouchy when they wake up.”

“And that someone doesn’t give crap about what you think.”, I say, sitting up. I look up, noticing all the thick branches that I should have hit. How had I managed not to hit all of that? I think suspiciously, glaring up at the trees. “And exactly where am I?”, I sneer.

“Elementum,” he says simply. “It’s Latin for ‘element.’”

“Do you think I give crap?”

“You attempted suicide!”

“Your point?”

“Are you mentally ill?!”

“Maybe.”

“You’re hopeless! I should’ve just let those flames burn you alive!”

“Why didn’t you?”

“I don’t know!!”

“You’re one messed up dude,” I say, standing up to dust myself off.

“And you’re some messed up chick.”

“Not funny!”, I yell over my shoulder, walking away from him.

“You don’t have a clue where the heck you’re going?”

“Obviously,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“Look, just tell me where your friends are, and I won’t kill you.”, Bryan offers, following me.

“Nope.”

Ragazza idiota! Perché devo sopportare con voi?”, Bryan mutters.

“Hmm?”

“Nothing.”

“Sure it wasn’t,” I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Then, suddenly, the whole island starts shaking. I stumble a little, until falling to my knees. I dig my nails deep into the soil, desperate to stabilize myself. “What the heck!!”, I yell at the top of my lungs.

The earth was cracking beneath us, and I scream at the top of my lungs, hearing it echo through the island, even as it burns. I jump to my feet, running as fast as I could, stumbling more than running. I kept my pace, realizing I had made it back to the tree house. I shake my head, running away from it as fast as I could. I keep running, trying to ignore the shaking ground, the fire surrounding the entire island, everything. I stumble, falling to ground. I look around, noticing I was right back where I had been when I first saw Bryan, the beginning of the end. Why do I keep coming here?! I think angrily, glaring around myself. Suddenly, the boulders all started floating, I look around for Bryan, noticing him on the opposite side of me. I glare at him, and the boulders all go at him. He merely blinks, and they all stop right in front of him, falling right there. I stand up, the ground shaking.

“Get. Away. From. Me.”, I growl.

“No.”

I scream, frustrated, and soon running away from him. I run deep into the jungles, getting more and more frustrated as I reach the volcano, running past it and straight toward the ocean. I look at it, the ground jerking me to my knees. I stare out at the ocean, wishing I could get back into England. I don’t wanna be here anymore … I think, tears filling my eyes. I stand up, only to be jerked back to my knees. Tears were falling out of my eyes by now, and I just wanted to die.

Why couldn’t he have killed me? I think, staring out on the shining ocean before me.

♣ ♣ ♣

I don’t know how long I stayed there, wishing I were back home at England. Down with all of my friends, perfectly safe. Being that quiet girl in the back of the room, whose name nobody knew. The one who never talked, nobody even cared if she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, maybe not my best ...