Gutter ***s

Naughty Business!

I sit at my desk reading over my notes for one of my classes, tomorrow I have a test on the unit.
“Hey Tim.” I hear Patricia squeal. She’s such a bimbo girly girl, and her voice is squeaky as hell. I kick my door shut and go back to my notes.

Its so boring, just like the past five months have been. All I do is talk to Tre on the phone when he calls, buts its never more than fifteen minutes at a time because he uses pay phones. The band is doing pretty well, their fans sing along to their songs, even on the east coast!

All this thinking of Tre is making me miserably lonely. I shut my book and shove it away. Call me pathetic but I find myself unbuttoning the front of my jeans and shoving my hand down my pants for a good rub down. My own touch doesn’t replace Tre but it keeps me sane. Suddenly I hear a muffled laugh. I whip around and see Tre standing at the doorway.

“Tre!” I exclaim, slightly embarrassed as he steps deeper into the room and shuts the door.
“Oh don’t mind me, I’ll just wait till you done.” I look down as I feel my cheeks burning red, “Or I can help you out.” I giggle. “Come here you.”

In contradictory to his statement he comes up to me and wraps his arms around my waist. We kiss passionately for a good few minutes.
“Let’s have really hot sex baby!” he says laughing. I nod.
“Sure babe.” I moan into his ear.

Later, we find ourselves lying on my bed just cuddling.
“I thought you said six months.” I murmur, my lips against his chest.
“All these major labels are trying to sign us.” He smirks, “They keep buying us stuff and taking us places.”
“Awesome.”
“Usually its just dinner, but this one label brought us back here for a series of conferences and shit.”
“So you’re actually going to be a big band.”
“Nah, but we get free meals and stuff this way.” He laughs, “I’m actually supposed to be at a conference right now.” I laugh.
“Awe poor recording companies.” I tease, “Tre Cool is taking advantage of you.”

“So what have you been up to?” he asks as he plays with my hair, “Besides masturbation.”
“School, haven’t been to Gilman’s in three weeks.” I sigh. “I’ve been lousy without you.”
“Blah!” he says rolling his eyes, “Let’s do something fun, like-”
“I think that’s what we just did.” I laugh.
“Oh yeah! More of that!” he laughs as he starts mauling at my neck.
“Tre!” I squeal, he stops, “What were you going to say?”
“Well there’s talk of this party about fifteen minutes away from Gilman’s.”
“Cool.” I say glancing at my clock, it was already eight. “We should get going then.”

We clamber out of my bed and get dressed before heading for the bus stop. We arrive at a small house, like Tre said only a few minutes away from Gilman’s. The house is filled with smoke from a combination of cigarettes and ‘other stuff.’ Tre and I make our way past the band, which sucks by the way to find Mike and Billie kicking back their beers.
“What happened to you?” Mike asks he catches a glimpse of me, “never mind.”
“We met with the Reprise people.” Billie starts as Tre opens the cooler a couple of feet away.
“Yeah and?” Tre says absent mindedly pulling out two beers and handing me one. I twist off the cap of mine, Tre does the same. “How was the food?”
“Well Mike and I were talking about it and-“
“The food?” Tre asks confused.
“No, you see we met up with this guy named Jason and well-“
“You aren’t seriously considering signing.” Tre hisses, with a slight hint of fury in his usually cool blue eyes.
“Tre, this guy really seemed on the same wave as us.” Mike says with big eyes.
“Oh like the guy who wrote Kerplunk on his ass and said he’d get it tattooed if he signed!” even though Tre is on the verge of outrage I can’t help but snort with laughter.
“No man, seriously, musically he’s-“ Mike is cut off when Tre grabs my hand and pulls me away. Billie looks at me with pleading eyes, I nod.

Tre and I sit on a ratty orange sofa, he holds onto me tightly as if I was going to abandon him like his band mates. We watch as the people around us get pissed drunk and stoned falling to the floor, disappearing in pairs to the bedrooms and leaving the party all together as the band gets sloppier and sloppier with their songs. The crowd clears and Billie, Mike and Anastasia now too are visible.
“Lisea.” Tre murmurs in my ear. “Do you think I can stay at your place tonight?”
“Sure, but my roommate’s going to be there so we can’t fool around.”
“Okay,” he says un-phased, “Can we go now?”
“Sure.” I say as we stand up and head out the door.

We wait for the bus in silence.
“Can you believe them?!” Tre exclaims at last. “They just want to sign some corporate thing, sell their soul to the enemy.” I don’t say anything, he had to rant and get it all out of his system, “We’re Green Day! We’re not sell outs!” He breaths heavily for a moment then looks at me. “I’m sorry, I ruined the evening didn’t I?”
“Tre.” I say softly.
“I did, I’m sorry.” He wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek softly.

The next morning I awake next to Tre to the sound of my roommate opening and closing her dresser drawers.
“Oh hey Maddy.” I say quietly as not to wake Tre up.
“I thought we said no guys unless one of us wasn’t staying here!” she hisses.
“Sorry.” I say sincerely, “its just he got in a huge fight with his roommates and its not like we fooled around.”
“Yeah okay.” She says heading out of the room, “Just don’t make a habit of it.”

I lay back down and start toying with one of Tre’s long strands of green hair. His hair cut is horrible, he probably hasn’t cut it since he left for tour.
“I need a hair cut don’t I?” he laughs as he taps my hand away.
“Yeah.”
“Can you cut it?”
“Umm.” I think to myself, I cut my own hair, more out of boredom than preference, “If you want.”
“Now?” he asks sitting up. I laugh, “C’mon, I’ve been using hair clips to keep it out of my face.”
“Like girl hair clips?” he nods enthusiastically. He reaches over the side of the bed for his shorts and pulls several pink, green and blue plastic hair clips from the pocket.
“Lovely, I’ll keep those.” I snatch them out of his hand and clamber across my bed to my desk where I get a pair of scissors out the drawer.

Tre gets up and takes a seat on my desk chair.
“Please be gentle.” He says cheesily. I start snipping systematically at his hair leaving it a bit longer at the top so he could spike it like he used to. When I’m done I put my scissors down on my desk, “Am I sexy?”
“See for yourself.” I point to the full length mirror on the back of the door. He goes up to it and starts toying with his hair as I scoop up the fallen hair and dump it in the waste bin.
“Thanks.” He smiles. “So what’s the plan for today.”
“I have exams to get to.” he frowns.
“You should talk to Billie and Mike.” He crosses his arms stubbornly. “Just hear them out and get over it.” He still stays stubbornly silent, “You can’t not talk to them ever again.”
“Fine.” He mumbles, “But I’m not signing onto no record deal.”
“No one said you had to, just hear them out and make amends.”
“If it wasn’t for the sex and the hair cut I’d be mad at you too.” He says childishly.
“No you wouldn’t.” I laugh as I shake my head. He laughs too.