Sequel: Phantom
Status: Start Date: December 13, 2008. Finish Date: June 5, 2009

Spirit

Intuition

Chapter 13: Intuition
“Would you like a tour of the house?” Nathan asked as Keith and Sarah walked out of the dining room leaving Nathan and I alone.
“Sure,” I said and smiled.
“C’mon,” he said and stood up.
I followed him around as he showed me around the first level of the house.
“And this is the backyard,” he said and slid open two glass doors. Right in their backyard was a lake. It was such a beautiful sight with the people in the motor boats zooming across the lake. The water shimmered in the sunlight. and across the lake was land. To the side of the large backyard was a swimming pool. There was a tall hedge that went around the boundries of the backyard but a large opening for the lake to be in view.
Nathan walked over to the swimming pool and sat at the edge. I followed him.
“Where are we?” I asked.
“Mercer Island. Beautiful isn’t it?”
“Very,” I agreed.
We sat in awkward silence for a while.
“How was your ride here?” He asked conversationally.
“Scary,” I admitted.
He chuckled. “Did you keep your eyes closed the whole time too?”
I nodded my head. “Did Sarah come for you too?” I asked.
“Yeah.”
“What’s your story? I’d love to hear it.”
He looked at me incredulously.
“Really, I’d love to.”
“Alright then,” he sighed. “The first time I ever transformed was when-don’t laugh,” he warned. “When I was ten-”
“That’s not very funny,” I said.
“I didn’t come to the part yet,” he pointed out.
“Oh. Sorry,” I said and pretended to take a key and lock my mouth.
“Anyways, I had homework. I wasn’t very attentive in class and I disliked school very much. So my lack of attention bit me in butt. I usually have times where out of no where, I feel like I have to do something and I have to accomplish it. And with my homework, I had one of those times. I didn’t understand anything. Multiplication was just so confusing,” he chuckled.
“It was a neurotic thing of me to tell myself I couldn’t do it,” he murmured.
“Is that when it happened?”
He nodded his head and grimaced. “The only thing I saw was blackness and little twinkling things. I lost control of myself and went crazy. I was like a high-powered bouncy ball in a little cage. Actually, a tornado would be a better interpretation.
“The nanny found me on my floor. She had to do CPR on me-”
“Why? Did you hit your head on something?” I asked.
“It’s just that you shouldn’t use up so much of your energy on your first couple of transformations. It’s bad for you,” Nathan cringed. “I won’t get into detail though.
“Anyways, I became conscious before she was able to call an ambulance. She still wanted to call one, but I told her it wasn’t necessary. I knew I couldn’t tell the doctor what happened nor could I tell my nanny because I wasn’t sure myself. I demanded her to leave my room. I ran into my closet and just… cried.”
“Your family doesn’t know your… different?” I asked.
“I can’t tell them,” he whispered.
“You can’t keep it a secret, Nathan.”
“You don’t understand. My family is just so…” he sighed and stopped talking. “We should continue with the tour.”
“Okay,” I murmured.
We got up and went back inside. I followed Nathan to the entrance of the house. He started to walk upstairs and I followed him. Once we got up the stairs, Sarah came running out of a room at the opposite hall. Her white stilletoes made a clunking noise as they hit the wooden flooring. I watched as her eyes gradually went from bright green to icy blue and from the roots of her hair, it slowly drained color.
“Sarah, what’s wrong?” Nathan asked.
“C’mon, Natalia,” Sarah said, ignoring Nathans question. She pulled me onto her back so quickly, it nearly made me loose my breath. “Robert messaged me. The police is coming to check on you in five minutes.” I watched as Sarah jumped off of the balcony and without touching the floor, she was outside. She landed at the driveway in front of the house. I shut my eyes tightly and felt the breeze run through my hair.
I opened my eyes when the air running across my face stopped. We were back in my bedroom. Sarah set me down on my bed and I watched her as she jumped out of my window and gracefully landed right next to the police car. Then she started to run. She was out of my sight in less than three seconds.
I looked at my clock my grandparents gave me. It was a little bit after twelve.
The doorbell rang downstairs. I went downstairs, took in a deep breath to calm myself down, and opened the door.
“Hi Officer Krenlinberg. Whats up?” I asked casually.
He eyed my suspiciously. “You’ve been awfully quite.”
“Well, I am home alone. With nothing to do. Just nothing. By myself,” I said and smiled sweetly.
He scrutinized my face. “We’ll be on guard, Miss. Wellington. She wont get anywhere near you,” he said and walked away.
I closed the door and leaned my back against it. “It’s a bit too late for that,” I muttered.
As I sat on my bed, I waited for the feeling of emptiness to attack upon me. It never did. Was Sarah, Nathan, and Keith my missing puzzle piece? Were they the people I’ve been searching for my whole life? My intuition told me that they were.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Spirit: Chapter 13: Intuition.