Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kevin to the Rescue

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

.....Kevin Jonas walked into his home and smiled at the smell that was coming from the kitchen.

.....“Dani,” Kevin called as he looked around the hallways.

.....“In the kitchen dear,” she called back. Kevin walked into the room and wrapped his arms around his wife.

.....“I missed you,” he mumbled as he nuzzled his face into Dani’s neck. Dani turned around, still wrapped in her husbands arms, and placed her arms around Kevin’s neck, pulling him in for a loving kiss.

.....“You got a letter from Ashlyn,” Dani said when they finally pulled away. Kevin’s smile instantly faded away.

.....“Is she okay?” he asked with concern. Dani smiled at the way Kevin liked to protect the girl. She didn’t know the entire story, because Kevin insisted that Sawyer Ashlyn Davis’ story was something that should be told by her. She knew that Kevin had nothing more then brotherly ‘feelings’ for Ashlyn, and she knew that his passion was something that would make him a great father someday.

.....“I didn’t open it, but it looks urgent,” Dani said as she pointed to the table. Kevin walked over, and ripped open the letter. Dani watched her husbands face pale.

.....“What’s wrong dear?” Dani asked, concern now written on her own face.

.....“I have to leave; I have to get to Ashlyn. Something horrible has happened,” Kevin said as he looked around the room.

.....“Kevin what’s happened?” Dani asked gently.

.....“The bastard beat her badly, she’s in the hospital,” Kevin looked up at his wife. “Dani, I plan to bring Ashlyn back here with me. She can’t stay there, not anymore,” Kevin said, now looking at his wife. Dani took a good look at her husband before nodding in agreement.

.....“I can prepare the guest room, while you go get her,” Dani said with a smile. Kevin looked relieved and pulled her close.

.....“I love you so much,” Kevin said as he kissed her temple.

.....“Go book your flight,” Dani said as she pushed Kevin toward his office. Kevin laughed as he walked away. Dani just smiled and got back to making dinner.

.....“I managed to get a red eye flight, that leaves tonight,” Kevin said when he walked back into the kitchen.

.....“Good, I’ll take you to the airport then,” Dani promised with a smile.

.....“Dani, I know it probably hasn’t been easy for you to be so accepting of Ashlyn’s situation when you don’t know the entire story, but I just wanted you to know that I love you, even more then I when I first met you,” Kevin pulled Dani into his arms. “You have been so great and understanding, that I know that Ashlyn will feel right at home here,” Kevin added as Dani leaned against his chest.

.....“I know that Ashlyn is like a sister to you and I know that we will all have a chance to sit down someday. I just hope that Ashlyn will feel comfortable here,” Dani said. Kevin squeezed his wife tighter into his arms, and then they soon sat down for dinner.

.....Later that night Kevin sat in the plane waiting for take off. He was worried about Sawyer, known by everyone as Ashlyn. He knew that leaving her behind was a bad idea, but Ashlyn was only a minor and refused to tell the police what her father was doing to her. Ashlyn’s main concern was what Joe would think of her, should he find out that she allows herself to be beaten up by her own father. Kevin has tried to explain to her, that Joe would be pissed, but not at her, but Ashlyn was stubborn and refused to believe him. Kevin soon found himself falling asleep, worrying about the girl he’s come to call family.

.....When the plane finally landed Kevin rented a car, and headed straight to the hospital. When he got there, Kevin walked up to reception.

.....“Excuse me, I’m looking for Sawyer Davis,” he said politely to the lady behind the desk.

.....“Are you family?” the lady asked, looking up from her computer.

.....“Her brother,” Kevin said with a nod. He knew it was just better to lie then deal with the only family members policy. “I plan to take her back with me,” he then added.

.....“That would do her some good. This is the third time in a month that we have seen Miss Davis,” the woman said with a sigh.

.....“I am sorry ma’am, I just got her letter this morning,” Kevin said.

.....“Well she is in room 213 on the third floor,” she said as she went back to her computer.

.....“Thank you ma’am,” Kevin said, walking away. He quickly made his way to Ashlyn’s room and sighed when he saw her sleeping on the bed. Her face was slightly swollen, with a purple bruise on her lower jaw. Kevin did a quick assessment of Ashlyn’s condition. Her left arm was in a cast, as was her left leg. Kevin felt himself getting angry over what Ashlyn’s father had done to her.

.....“Hello,” a voice said as they walked into the room. Kevin turned to look, and saw the doctor.

.....“Hello,” Kevin said holding out his hand. “I’m Kevin,” he added.

.....“Ah, yes, Miss Davis has talked about you. I assume you’re here to take her back with you?”

.....“Yes, my wife and I plan to take her in. She won’t turn eighteen until September and I can’t let her go back to that man,” Kevin said.

.....“That would do her some good. I know she hates talking about what happens to her, which is why we haven’t been able to put the guy away,” the doctor stated.

.....“Is he here?” Kevin asked.

.....“He’s just arrived and waiting in the waiting room,” Kevin nodded and walked out. Dave Davis looked up, and his face slightly paled at the sight of Kevin.

.....“Dave,” Kevin said with a blank expression on his face.

.....“Kevin, is my daughter all right? They won’t let me see her,” he said, his voice slightly slurred.

.....“Dave, Ashlyn has decided to talk to the police,” Kevin said, thinking of the first idea that had come to him.

.....“What?” Dave asked as his head snapped up. “Kevin, you know I don’t mean it. I can't help myself when I’m drunk,” Dave stuttered.

.....“The only way she won’t talk, is if you allow her to come stay with me,” Kevin said trying his best to keep his face straight.

.....“I… I can’t, she’s my daughter, I’m supposed to be taking care of her,” Dave stated.

.....“All right then, I will go call the cops for Ashlyn,” Kevin said as he turned around and began to walk away.

.....“No wait,” Dave called before Kevin got too far away. Kevin turned back around and faced Dave. “All right you can take her. I know that I’ve wronged her in many ways, but I really do love her,” Dave said with a resigned sigh.

.....“She’ll be better off,” Kevin said as he turned back around. He walked back into Ashlyn’s room and up to her bed, taking her hand into his. Kevin knew that he would be sleeping better now, now that she was safe from her own worse nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is ShellyVengence's, formally known as fallen.down, character! I know we really didn't get to meet Ashlyn, but we will get to know her more in later chapters!!!

Image
6 stars!!!!!

Thanks to:
coolcat2003 -- I'm so glad that he is home and safe!!!
ShellyVengence -- I get so confused when people change there names... lol! but I do love Zacky!!!
taking.chances6136 -- I always love hearing from my fans and I loved reading your comment! I have always loved writing and learned that I had a talent for it in the 9th grade. It was the first time that I was ever good at something, so I've kept at it over the years. It is my goal to someday be published, and have been working on my novel for about 2-years now!
HappySadGirl17 -- I'm glad your loving this!!!