Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

One Mess at a Time

Image
new banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....“Is she all right?” Nick asked with some concern as Sarah fell asleep on them.

.....“Yeah…she’s on some very powerful meds and they sort of mess with her system. Bone cancer is one nasty cancer,” Kylie said with a shiver. Nick took Kylie back into his arms and led her to her own bed. They both sat down with Kylie leaning into Nick. “Did you know that they allow her no more then three rounds of Chemo? Once they finish this round, Sarah will be evaluated. If it is deemed that the bone cancer has not stopped enough then they cut her leg off.” Kylie shivered again and Nick pulled her closer into his chest.

.....“I always thought my cancer was bad, but hers is so much worse. Sarah was saying that even after they cut the leg off, there is still a chance that the cancer could be further up then they cut.” Nick kissed Kylie’s temple.

.....“Don’t worry about it,” he whispered softly.

.....“I know I shouldn’t, but I worry for Sarah. She doesn’t deserve this kind of cancer,” Kylie whispered.

.....“No body does sweetheart, but it still happens. My mom always says that God doesn’t dish out something he knows you can’t handle,” Nick said, making Kylie smile.

.....“Your mom always says the best things.” Nick nodded in agreement. Kylie then sighed and then snuggled in closer to Nick. “I like it when we just get to relax,” she whispered.

.....“Me too,” Nick agreed as he rested his head on top of hers.

***

.....Daniel was getting pissed. It had been three weeks since he heard anything. He didn’t know what was taking so long, but he wanted that girl in his house…yesterday. He couldn’t wait to get his hands on her and teach her the lesson her mother never learned. That little bitch didn’t know what was going to hit her. Daniel laughed loudly. So far everything was going according to plan. He couldn’t wait. Any day now, he’d be taking his case to court.

***

.....Payton sat down at the restaurant table and smiled over a Joe.

.....“This place seems nice,” she commented. Joe smiled.

.....“I’m glad that we were able to get out,” Joe replied. Payton starred at Joe for a moment before speaking up.

.....“Are you alright Joe?” she asked softly. Joe looked up at Payton and she saw the hurt and pain hidden in the back of his eyes. Payton looked down and placed her hands in her lap. She now knew…she wasn’t going to win. Joe may care for her, but he didn’t love her…he wasn’t able to…it was clear that he was in love with Ashlyn. “Fight for her,” she whispered causing Joe to look up in shock.

.....“Pay…”

.....“Do you love her?” Payton interrupted. Joe just starred at Payton. After several minutes of silence he finally answered.

.....“Yeah,” he whispered.

.....“Then fight for her. If she’s the one, you shouldn’t let her go,” Payton claimed.

.....“But you…”

.....“I’ll have my shot at love. I’m not worried about it.” Joe was speechless.

.....“Payton…I don’t know what to say,” he admitted.

.....“It’s not fair to you…to me…and most of all…Jeremiah…for you to try and pretend that you feel something for me. It’s also not fair to Ashlyn. She’s waited for you…for a long time. She deserves to know how you feel.”

.....“But she’s dating…someone else,” Joe said with a sigh and then he looked up at Payton with hope. She just shook her head.

.....“No…I’m not going to let you use me to get to her,” Payton said adamantly. “It would hurt too many people…not to mention it could backfire in the worst way. If Ashlyn is with someone else and clearly happy…you’re just going to have to wait your turn, after all hasn’t she waited long enough for you?” Joe sighed. He nodded and then smiled.

.....“The least we can do is eat…while we’re here,” Joe said his usual smile back.

.....“All right, fine,” Payton said in agreement. She smiled but it was hard. Maybe she had always known that she and Joe would never work, but she was glad that she had at least tried. It was something different, something worth exploring. She would never regret the time she was able to spend with him. “But I dumped you,” Payton said teasing.

.....“Deal,” Joe agreed.

***

.....Ashlyn and David walked into the house smiling and holding hands. Pretending to be his girlfriend got easier and easier as time went along. David was kind, smart, and knew what he was doing. He was also very carefree. As they walked into the living room they heard giggles coming from the kitchen.

.....“Really…” a tiny voice said. “My sister used to do that?”

.....“Oh yes, she was a real rebel,” Dani said as another giggle hit the air. David led Ashlyn into the kitchen and smiled.

.....“Who’s this little guy?” he asked. The little boy looked up and his eyes got huge.

.....“You’re….you’re….Justin,” he whispered the last word. David smiled.

.....“Yes…I play Justin Russo on TV…are you a fan?” he asked with a kind smile. The boy nodded. Ashlyn couldn’t remember where she had seen this little boy before.

.....“Yes…me and my big sister watch your show…all the time,” he said using his hands for exaggeration. David laughed.

.....“I’m glad to hear it. And you are?” David asked holding out his hand.

.....“Jeremiah…but Frankie calls me Jeremy,” he said. Ashlyn sighed. This was Payton’s little brother. Just then the doorbell rang. Dani left to answer it and came back laughing. Payton walked into the house…alone.

.....“Where’s Joe?” Dani asked.

.....“We broke up,” Payton said with a shrug. Dani gasped while Ashlyn just looked wide-eyed.

.....“What happened?” Dani asked.

.....“He’s kind and caring, but he wasn’t really into me…he’s been in love with this other girl for years. I just didn’t think it was fair…to anyone to continue dating him. He took in stride, and drove me home. We’ll be friends…but nothing more,” Payton admitted. Dani threw her arms around Payton and hugged her tightly. It was then that Payton noticed Ashlyn and David.

.....“Hi,” Ashlyn said. Payton smiled a kind smile.

.....“Hi,” Payton replied. She then turned to David and held out her hand. “Payton Anderson,” she said. David shook it with a flirtatious smile.

.....“David Henrie,” he said smoothly.

.....“I know…my little brother here is a huge fan,” she said as she looked over at her brother.

.....“He shook my hand, Pay-Pay,” Jeremiah said with a pleased smile. “He’s even cooler then Joe,” then he whispered, “Just don’t tell Joe I said that,” causing everyone to laugh.

.....“No one here will mention a thing,” David said with a pleased smile. Ashlyn smiled, in spite of being jealous of Payton…not that she had much to be jealous of anymore. Payton had dumped Joe…which was the stupidest…yet smartest thing Payton had ever done. Too bad she had to keep her bet with David. Of course…it was most likely that she wasn’t the girl that Joe had been madly in love with. Ashlyn silently sighed. David was eyeing Payton…she didn’t understand it. Instead she elbowed David’s side and glared at him. He looked down at her and shrugged. Maybe she would win this bet after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo Who!! 100 Comments!! I just wanted to say thank you to all my fans for enjoying this story and I have a lot more on the way!

So I want to know! What would you all like to see happen...to any of my characters? I am just curious to see everyone thoughts on what could happen! I already have a fair idea of what will happen, it's just a matter of getting there! So let me know!!

gugu1995 -- Thank you so much for your comment! I always enjoy hearing from fans!

Breathless Tallie -- lol I get jealous by fictional characters all the time!! I think it happens to everyone!!

drama-queen-ak -- I'm glad you like are like my drama! I also am going to enjoy Sarah, I knew that Kylie would need someone kind in the hospital and she was quite fun to write about!

ShellyVengeance -- Oh yes...Ashlyn drama...it never gets old! lol Some real wake calls are going to be appearing soon...besides the one that Joe just had in this chapter!