Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Concerns and Confession

Image
new banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Kylie was nervous, but she was ready. She was ready to have this marrow transplanted, she was ready to end the cancer, she was ready to spend the rest of her days with Nick.

....."Are you ready, Kylie?" Dr. Mullen asked as he walked into the room.

....."I will be just as soon as Nick gets back into the room," Kylie said as she adjusted the mask on her face.

....."We just need to place the IV in and then he is more then welcome to stay," Dr. Mullen promised.

....."Okay," Kylie said as she leaned back. She watched as Dr. Mullen placed in the IV and hooked it up to the machine allowing the marrow to flow into her.

....."You're going to feel funny for a while, but you should be fine." Just then the doors slid open and Nick walked in. Kylie looked up at him and smiled.

....."I missed you," she whispered softly. Nick wasn’t wearing a mask because Kylie had one on and she watched as he gave her a bright smile.

....."Well I'm going to leave you now. The nurse will be in to check on you throughout the day," Dr. Mullen said, but neither Nick nor Kylie was listening. Nick walked up to the bed and silently sat down.

....."Do you want to know a secret?" Nick whispered.

....."Sure…is it big?" Kylie asked. Nick nodded.

....."Can't be repeated big," Nick said. Kylie was silent, but her eyes were shining. "I walked in on Joe and Ashlyn making out," Nick whispered. Kylie gasped.

....."Seriously?" she asked.

....."Seriously," Nick replied.

....."Wow…this is big," Kylie said as she looked over at the window. She turned back to Nick and smiled. "At least they finally admitted their feelings." Nick smiled.

.....Kylie looked over at Nick and sighed.

....."I've been thinking," Kylie said after a moment.

....."About what?"

....."Now…I don't want to freak you out…and I don’t want you to think I'm nuts," Kylie hedged.

....."I could never think that," Nick whispered as he leaned closer to Kylie.

....."I've been thinking…since we talked last night. And I've decided…came to the decision, well I mean…if you are agreeable…" Kylie rambled.

....."Kylie just talk to me. I won't freak…I promise," Nick said as he grasped her hands.

....."Nick…this is going to sound silly, because I know I'm young, and I know that I'll need permission, but I want…I want to get…married," Kylie said, whispering the last word.

....."You…want to get married?" Nick repeated.

....."It sounds stupid doesn’t it?" Kylie replied softly.

....."No…Kylie," Nick grasped her chin forcing her to look into his eyes, "Kylie, I love you, when did you want to get married?" he asked.

....."As soon as we're allowed," Kylie said. "I know…we would have to wait until I turn seventeen, but I've been doing some research…"

....."Research?" Nick interrupted.

....."They brought me a lap top during the middle of the night and Nick…I can get married at seventeen. All I have to do is take my case to court. Since I've been fighting cancer since thirteen, the judge should grant me the right to marry…as a dying wish," Kylie explained. Nick looked down and then back up at Kylie. "We don't have to…if you're not ready. But Nick, I am. I want to experience life. I know you hate it when I talk about giving up, but I have to prepare for…for the worst. And if I go through the worst then I want to be able to spend that worst with you," Kylie whispered. Nick leaned in and kissed Kylie through her mask.

....."I love you Kylie," he started, "and you are it for me. I know that, and I want to marry you. I would love to marry you; I'm willing to go through whatever you want in order to marry. But this is something we should talk to my mom and dad about this," he stated softly. Kylie looked up.

....."Really?" she asked softly.

....."Really," Nick repeated.

....."Oh god…gosh…I didn’t mean to say that," she whispered with wide eyes. Nick laughed.

....."Don't worry about it," Nick whispered. "I don't want to leave, but if we're going to do this, then we need to get going on a plan and action. Plus I need to talk to my parents, who are going to want to come in here. Luckily they are both sitting in the waiting room," he added. "I'll be right back," he said as he kissed her one last time before leaving.

***

.....Nick walked into the waiting room and saw his family sitting there.

....."Mom, dad…can…can I talk to you?" he said softly. Denise and Paul nodded.

....."Is something wrong with Kylie?" Denise asked quickly.

....."No, she's fine. Kylie and I have been talking," Nick paused. He was at a loss. How did he go about telling his parents that he had decided to get married at eighteen?

....."What about?" Paul asked.

....."We want…I want to marry her…as soon as we're allowed. Kylie has been talking about taking her case to court, to allow her to marry once she turns seventeen," Nick said as he looked at both of his parents. They were both silent for a moment.

....."Son…" Paul paused. "We'd like to talk to the both of you…if you're both up to it," he then said. Nick just nodded. They all walked into the room and Kylie smiled.

....."You told them?" she asked in a whisper. Nick nodded before sitting back on the bed with her. "I know…that you think we're young and crazy…but I'm also dying, maybe not now, maybe not anytime soon, but I am dying and before I die, I want to marry Nick. I love him. I'm ready for this step…this huge step," Kylie explained. Denise and Paul looked at each other.

....."Kylie, sweetie, are you sure…I'm mean marriage…"

....."It's a lifetime commitment…I'm ready. I…Nick…doesn’t have to do this. I don’t want him to…if he's not ready. But I am ready…I want to do this. I'm willing to get counseling, I'm willing to go through the motions, but I want to be married soon after…like weeks after I turn seventeen." Kylie grasped Nick's hand.

....."Is that what you both want?" Paul asked after looking at Denise for a moment. Nick and Kylie turned to each other.

....."Is this what you want?" Kylie whispered. Nick smiled.

....."Yes…are you sure that this is what you want?" Nick replied.

....."I'm sure," Kylie said. They then turned back to Denise and Paul.

....."We're sure," they both said. Nick turned back to Kylie and kissed her cheek.

....."I love you," he whispered. Kylie looked over and smiled. She placed her hand on his cheek and leaned forward.

....."I love you," she replied as she kissed him.

....."We would want to talk more about this," Paul finally said, "but if you both are absolutely sure, then we can get plans started."

....."First we need to clear this with the state of Colorado," Denise added.

....."Colorado? But I live here now," Kylie said her voice full of confusion.

....."You do, but sweetie, you are a ward of the State of Colorado, that judge will have to approve your marriage," Denise explained.

....."But I can't go to Colorado to plead my case. I can barely ever leave this hospital. Is there…" Kylie paused. She looked over at Nick. He nodded.

....."Is there any way that they State of Colorado will allow the State of Texas to decide?" Nick asked for Kylie. Denise turned to Paul.

....."Why don't we find out," Denise said softly. "If this is really what you both want," she added.

....."It is," Kylie stated.

....."All right, we'll all figure it out," Denise promised. She then bent and kissed Kylie's forehead. "We'll be back."

....."Okay," Kylie whispered as she watched them leave. "Nick…are they going to be okay?" she asked.

....."Yeah…it's just a lot to take in. If we're sure, then they will both be supportive, Kylie they love us," Nick said softly. Kylie nodded before resting her head on Nick's shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to post another chapter since everyone was excited to see what would happen and to see what the hint was!!

So everyone that guessed...guessed right! But you all probably figured that out by now!! I know you all were maybe hoping for something a little more special then the way it went about, but all I can say is look out for their birthday...if you all remember Nick plans to make it special!!

And thanks to Breathless Tallie for informing me where I could pre-order my copy of Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary DVD!!! I now just have to wait for the release and then it is mine!!! It's pretty cheap too, so look into it!!

SparksAndMeyer -- Thank you!

lizzzzzzx -- It happens...like I said, I was just glad I realized it! And Thank you!!

Kazla -- Ashlyn/Sawyer is very confused, but also she's had a hard life, so making friends isn't easy for her. You can thank the girl below you for coming up with her!! She thought up the character...I just brought her to life!

ShellyVengeance -- lol Glad to see you're still alive!! I've come to love writing about Ashlyn...she tends to show up more then I thought she would! And it isn't over yet!!

Breathless Tallie -- Funny thing about my childhood sweetheart...I'm still friends with him...even though we hated each other from seventh grade till we graduated high school...We were childhood sweethearts before that...I really did think I would marry him someday, but fate had other plans for me!!

ASLaddict -- And now you know!!! And there is plenty of Nick and Kylie here!