Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Apologies and Discussions

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Ashlyn didn’t know what to do. Joe was an amazing guy, but lately he had been so withdrawn that Ashlyn was worried. Ashlyn didn’t know who to go to, who would help her, she had no friends. The only person she had, she ended up betraying. Ashlyn had no one; she couldn’t even talk to Joe about her issues because he was the issue.

....."Are you okay?" Ashlyn looked over and frowned. Dani was standing there, with a look of concern. Ashlyn hasn’t been exactly close with Dani, but maybe today was the start of something new. Maybe Dani could become a friend.

....."It's Joe…he's pulling away," Ashlyn whispered as she looked over at Dani.

....."I know it's tough, but Joe is just struggling through some things. And yes, if he is serious he would talk to you, but you have to give him a chance to work out whatever is wrong with him. If you really…truly love Joe, then you have to be willing to stick with him…through the good and the bad. A relationship is all about compromise, give and take." Ashlyn looked up and smiled.

....."I want it to work…even if no one else does," Ashlyn replied.

....."‘Us’ wanting your relationship to work isn't the issue. We…I have no issue with you and Joe dating. My issue has always been the way you two went about dating. Ashlyn you're in my care, I'm supposed to be like a parent to you, even though I know you are almost a legal adult. Ashlyn, I'm worried about the way you and Joe have been going. I know you both made a vow, but the way you and Joe are going…that vow isn't going to be kept," Dani sat down next Ashlyn.

....."I can't seem to help myself with Joe. I know I made that vow, but Joe…he makes me forget…everything."

....."Oh honey, I know. I had the same issue with Kevin. But the difference between Joe and Kevin is Kevin knew when to stop. Joe doesn’t know, Joe is a typical male. If you are serious about waiting, then you have to be the bigger person. You can't let Joe force you into something you're not ready for."

....."He wouldn’t force me," Ashlyn protested.

....."Not by choice, but sometimes…sometimes men don't realize that they are taking things too far."

....."I don't want that to happen," Ashlyn replied. Dani nodded before taking Ashlyn into her arms.

....."It won't…Ashlyn, you are stronger then you realize. If you don’t want it, Joe can't force you to do it," Dani reassured. Ashlyn nodded in understanding.

....."Can I be alone? I need to think," Ashlyn asked.

....."Sure," Dani agreed with a smile.

***

.....Dani walked out of Ashlyn's room and took her phone out.

....."Hello."

....."Hey Pay," Dani said with a sigh.

....."Oh Dani, I'm so glad you called. Did you get my message?" Payton asked.

....."Yeah, and I heard the one you left with Joe. It really unnerved him," Dani said. Dani heard Payton sigh.

....."I didn’t want to do that, but he needed to know, and David agreed with me. We were in Vegas…it was impulsive and we just decided to get married. I know it sounds crazy, but we both want this," Payton explained.

....."But Payton, you're not an impulsive person. You live your life by rules and understanding of how things work. I don’t understand how you just decided to get married. Why would you marry a man you barely know?" Dani asked in confusion.

....."We were at the park, and I was watching David interact with Jeremiah, and he made the offer. I was unsure at first, but David was right, a marriage with open-eyes has more of a chance then one full of nothing but love. David doesn’t love me and I know that, but I also know that someday he will, and we'll be happy. David is a good guy," Payton said.

....."I'll expect word from you…every now and then, and I better be the godmother to your children," Dani demanded. Payton laughed.

....."Only if you do the same. I expect to be the godmother to yours and Kevin's kids. You've always been my sister and best friend, Dani. And when I have that real wedding, expect to be my matron of honor."

....."I'll hold you to it," Dani promised. Dani talked to Payton for a few more moments before hanging up with a final goodbye.

....."Was that Payton?" Kevin asked softly as he walked up to Dani. Dani nodded with a smile.

....."I know it sounds crazy, but she's sane and happy. She was sober when she made the decision and so far she doesn’t regret it," Dani said.

....."She doesn’t regret marrying a man she knows nothing about?" Joe asked in disbelief as he walked up to Dani and Kevin. Dani glared at her brother.

....."Why do you care? You're with Ashlyn now. You love her, remember? You're freaking her out with how much you've pulled away from her. Why don’t you go and show her how much you care, because right now, she doesn’t know that," Dani barked angrily.

....."You should just leave her alone," Kevin said as he looked over at Joe. Joe nodded and walked away toward the back of the bus, where Ashlyn was sitting. Kevin grasped Dani's hand and led her toward their bunk. "Are you alright sweetheart? You've been very emotional lately," Kevin asked softly. Dani sighed and rested her head on Kevin's chest.

....."I'm fine. I'm sorry about snapping," she replied. Kevin laughed.

....."I love you, I don’t mind the snapping," he promised. Dani smiled and snuggled in closer.

....."I have been out of sync lately," Dani commented.

....."Don't worry about it," Kevin said softly. "Try and get some sleep," he added before closing his eyes.

***

....."I'm sorry," Joe whispered as he walked toward Ashlyn. Ashlyn looked up and frowned.

....."Why?" she asked in confusion.

....."I was pulling away and I didn’t mean too. I love you," Joe whispered as he sat down next to her.

....."Why were you pulling away?"

....."I…I can't tell you. I know it sounds bad, but I was told something, that I was told I couldn’t tell anyone…especially you. I want to tell you, because it's unnerving, but I can't break a promise like that," Joe explained. Ashlyn nodded.

....."Has David called you?" Ashlyn asked. Joe shook his head.

....."I doubt he will. After all, I'm the guy who stole his fake girlfriend," Joe said as he smiled. Ashlyn laughed.

....."I love you," Ashlyn sighed as she leaned into Joe. Joe pulled Ashlyn into his arms and held her tightly.

***

....."Are you sure this is what you want?" David asked as he looked over at his wife. Wife. He loved that word and so far Payton was an amazing wife.

....."It's my dream. Baylor is holding a spot for me, in their medical nursing program. It would be four years of schooling and programs, but I'm ready," Payton assured. David nodded.

....."I guess we should look for a house…and a nanny?" David asked.

....."A nanny?" Payton asked confused.

....."Honey, if you're going to be going into nursing school, do you honestly believe that you will have time to take care of Jeremiah full time? We'll also need to look into schools," David said thinking out loud.

....."I guess I hadn't thought of that. I don’t want Jeremiah to feel abandoned," Payton said with a frown.

....."He won't, we'll make sure that he is well taken care of, and you…we can work something out. But first we need to find a house," David pulled out his phone. "I'll set up a Realtor and we can all go house hunting together. Do you think Jeremiah will like that?" Payton nodded. She was really going back to school. Payton leaned forward and kissed David.

....."Thank you," she whispered before looking for her brother. She found him in the living room of their hotel room. "Hey bud," Payton said as she sat down next to him. Jeremiah looked up and smiled. "We're going to go house hunting in Dallas today," Payton said softly.

....."Do I get to come?" he asked eagerly.

....."Of course, David said he's going to need your opinion. We have to find a house that is kid friendly."

....."With a playground? And a Pool?" Jeremiah asked as he jumped up and down.

....."We'll see bud," David said as he stepped out of the bedroom. "It really all depends on what we all like."

....."Will there be room for James?" David asked. Payton sighed.

....."Honey, James is a grown man, he might want to live in his own house," Payton said kindly.

....."But James promised to always take care of us," Jeremiah protested.

....."He will, in his own way. But David is suppose to take care of us now, and if James wants you back when he's done with the military, he'll have to share," Payton promised. Jeremiah nodded.

....."Hey bud, I need to borrow your sister, can you sit tight for a while?" David asked. Jeremiah nodded and David pulled Payton into the bedroom.

....."What?" Payton asked in confusion. "Did I do something?"

....."No, no…I was just wondering who James was," David questioned. Payton smiled.

....."Mine and Jeremiah's big brother. He's in the Army. He has another year before he gets discharged." Payton gasped. "David, my brother…he's going to kill us," she whispered. David groaned.

....."Older brother?"

....."Yeah, he's thirty," Payton replied.

....."Great, a military trained older brother, who is going to murder me," David said as he sat down on the bed.

....."I have to tell him, David, before he hears it from someone else. Let me borrow your phone," she asked. David nodded and handed it to her. Payton dialed a series of numbers.

....."Yes, Lieutenant James Anderson please. This is his sister, Payton Anderson. I'll hold," Payton moved the phone. "He's in Japan…last I knew. They're going to transfer me," she explained to David. David nodded. "James," Payton said excitedly as she moved the phone back to her ear. "No, I'm fine … … … yes Jeremiah is fine too. I just…well, James…I got married," Payton paused. "I know, there was no notice, it was just something quick … … … Jeremiah loves him. David is very kind. James, when are you coming home?" Payton looked over at David and smiled. "Really? … … … Well no, it burned down. We're living in Dallas now. … … … Yes I got into Baylor. … … … Henrie … … … No with an I-E … yes. Okay, I love you too … … … yes I'll tell Jeremiah. … … … Okay bye," Payton hung up.

....."Well?" David asked.

....."James is being discharged early…he didn’t say why. But next month he's coming home. Oh David, I can't wait for you to meet him," Payton said as she sat next to him. David groaned and leaned back into the bed. "What's wrong?" Payton asked in concern.

....."I'm going to be murdered. You better make sure Kevin and Dani are around, since Dani grew up with you guys." Payton looked horrified.

....."No, that is not a good idea. Dani and James always had a thing, but Dani was eight years younger then James. James always talked about finding her, but I doubt he knows that she's now married. That might gut him even worse then my own marriage," Payton explained. David groaned.

....."Go call Dani, she's going to want to know," David said.

....."I will later, right now you promised me house hunting," Payton said as she pulled her husband up. "Let's go," she said eagerly causing David to laugh. Life with Payton was going to be exciting. David loved how she got excited over the smallest things.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised I said I would post the name of the new story in this chapter. But I won't be giving the link to the new story, until we are closer to the end! I don't to have anything spoiled!

***
****
*****

And the new Chapter of Life for this Story is.... Slowly Falling Apart! What do you all think of the new title?

*****
****
***

So the link and maybe even a preview will be coming soon! I really can't wait for things to happen!

***

My Twitter

If you follow me and let me know, I will follow you back!

***

The Return of Avery Harper

Check out my new Jonas story...it won't be posted as often as I post Slowly Dying Alone, but I will try to get to it when I can. Right now I'm really trying to focus on this story, since there's so much to it!

Chapter 2 is now out!

***

lizzzzzzx -- You'll find out! And don't worry...if I have plans for a sad ending...it won't happen for a long time. At this point I have no plans to kill anyone off!

Breathless Tallie -- I'll give you a couch! So long as you don't mind a three year-old bothering you before Dawn. And I mean I do live in Palm Springs...I've seen - walked next to - dealt with - many celebrities!! Some of them are complete idiots... And I have to say...I love talking to you on a daily basis!!