Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Dresses, The Talk, and Learning the Truth

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Kylie walked down the stairs and almost walked back up it. The living room was covered in white, fluffy, puffy, dresses.

.....“Denise?” Kylie called. Denise came out of the living room with Payton close behind her.

.....“You’re awake,” Denise said happily.

.....“Um…what happened to the living room?” Kylie asked with caution.

.....“You’re getting married next week,” Payton laughed. “You need a dress, and since you don’t want the public involved, Denise and I decided to bring the dresses to you.” Payton handed Kylie a corset and slip. “Now let’s put these on,” she said as she ushered Kylie into the guest bathroom. Kylie was freaked out.

.....“I’ll…I’ll be right back,” Kylie said as she rushed to the kitchen. She pulled out her phone and dialed Nick.

.....Hello,” his voice said.

.....“Help,” she whispered. Nick laughed.

.....What’s wrong?” Nick asked clearly still laughing.

.....“Your mother and Payton have covered the living room in white,” Kylie whispered. “Come save me…please,” she begged.

.....Honey, it’s not that bad,” Nick promised. Kylie groaned.

.....“Fine, but I’m telling Paul to find you the most ridiculous tux he can find,” Kylie said which made Nick laugh even harder.

.....They’re taking me today…so don’t worry. You’re not alone. I love you.

.....“I love you too. I better go, so they can torture me,” Kylie said making Nick laugh again. They said their goodbyes and Kylie walked back into the living room.

.....“Let’s get this over with,” she grumbled. Denise and Payton laughed as Payton ushered Kylie back into the bathroom.

.....For the next three hours Kylie tried on dress after dress. Some where too fluffy, some had too much going on, and some Kylie refused to show off.

.....“I just want something simple,” Kylie complained after trying on the last failure, “Something that doesn’t look like a wedding dress…but more like a summer dress, I want something light and that flows in the wind.” Denise and Payton looked around. Kylie sighed as they handed her another dress.

.....Kylie walked out and both Denise and Payton gasped.

.....“What?” Kylie asked her voice full of concern.

.....“This is it,” Payton said with a smile as she pulled Kylie over to the floor length mirror. Kylie looked over and gasped as well. It wasn’t exactly summer looking, but it was light and flowed nicely. It reminded Kylie of a Greek Goddess.

.....“I like it,” Kylie whispered.

.....“Kylie…are you completely bald?” Payton asked nervously. Kylie shook her head.

.....“No,” she whispered as she pulled the scarf off her head. Her hair looked like it had been buzz cut. Denise and Payton looked at it and smiled.

.....“Would you like a form of extensions?” Denise asked. Kylie looked at her confused.

.....“I have long enough hair for that?” Denise nodded.

.....“I have a friend, and if you’re willing to sit in a chair for six hours, she can do them for you,” Kylie nodded. “All right, she’s waiting for us,” Denise said as Payton led Kylie back to the bathroom. Kylie was speechless…she was finally going to have hair. She didn’t know what to think.

***

.....Nick groaned as Kevin and Joe shoved another suit at him.

.....“Try this one,” Joe said. Nick walked back into the room at the back of the bus and quickly put the suit on.

.....“Seriously, guys,” Nick yelled causing Joe and Kevin to laugh.

.....“I like the first one,” Nick called as he pulled the suit off. There was no way that he would ever wear ruffles. He didn’t care what the occasion was.

.....‘Payton just sent me a picture of Kylie’s dress…the first one will work,” Kevin agreed.

.....“And you can’t see it,” Joe teased. Nick walked out of the room and threw the ruffled tux at Joe.

.....“It doesn’t matter…I’ll see it next week,” Nick said with a shrug. He was anxious to see Kylie in her dress, but he wasn’t about to inform his teasing brothers of that fact. After Nick had picked his tux he had some down time. He was playing around on his guitar when his dad walked into the room.

.....“What’s up dad?” Nick asked as he sat up.

.....“We should talk,” Paul said giving off that fatherly look. Nick groaned. Paul laughed and sat down across from Nick. “So…you’re getting married next week,” Paul started. Nick nodded in agreement.

.....“I know…and before you question me. Kylie and I talked…about this subject that I feel you want to discuss,” Nick said.

.....“And what did you two discuss?” Paul asked. Nick sighed.

.....“Kylie was freaking out…over…over sex. She was worried that she wouldn’t be ready for such a huge step,” Nick stated.

.....“And what did you tell her?” Paul asked with a smile.

.....“I promised her that we would go as fast or as slow as she wanted. I love her dad, enough to know that allowing her to set the pace is the right thing to do,” Nick said.

.....“I’m proud of you son. It sounds like you handled the situation very maturely,” Paul said a pleased smile on his face. “I still think we should broach the subject though,” Paul added. Nick nodded with a grimace. Paul laughed. “Don’t worry, I had the same talk with Kevin…and I will again with Joe…and Frankie,” Paul assured. Nick just nodded. This was going to be uncomfortable.

***

.....Ashlyn didn’t know why she was here. Dani had forced her to come, claiming they would both need a dress for Kylie and Nick’s wedding. Ashlyn didn’t want to get all dressed up, she hated dressing up, but she really wasn’t in the mood to piss Dani off. Dani lately has been a hormonal wreck. Joe said it was just the baby, which scared Ashlyn. If one tiny thing could do that to a person, then Ashlyn never wanted to have kids.

.....“Try this one on, Ash,” Dani said as she held up a black dress. Ashlyn looked it over. No lace, no ruffles, and it didn’t look all that stupid.

.....“Fine,” Ashlyn sighed.

.....“So have you and Joe had a chance to talk about what we talked about?” Dani asked. Ashlyn shook her head, but then remembered that Dani couldn’t see her.

.....“No, things…with Joe have been weird,” Ashlyn admitted.

.....“What do you mean?” Dani asked. Ashlyn gave another sigh.

.....“Joe’s hiding something from me. I don’t know what it is, and he claims that he can’t tell me. I guess I’m just worried that he’s having second thoughts,” Ashlyn replied. Ashlyn then stepped out of the dressing room and modeled the dress for Dani’s benefit. Dani gasped.

.....“Ashlyn…you look gorgeous,” Dani sighed. Ashlyn smiled.

.....“Really?” she asked as she looked down at the dress. Dani nodded happily.

.....“This is the dress,” Dani swore. “As for Joe…I didn’t want to tell you, because Joe should, but I think it’s best if you learned this now…rather then later. And I’ll tell you this…what Joe is hiding…has nothing to do with Joe,” Dani said. Ashlyn frowned.

.....“What do you mean?” Ashlyn asked in confusion. Dani sighed.

.....“Payton got married,” Dani finally admitted. Ashlyn gasped in shock. “Joe feels that he forced Payton to get married.”

.....“Why would he feel that way? I think Payton knows her own mind,” Ashlyn huffed. She had finally stopped being jealous of Payton, but she didn’t like the idea of her boyfriend getting bothered by a marriage.

.....“Because Payton married David,” Ashlyn looked up. She was speechless. Why…what…how? So many thoughts were rushing through Ashlyn’s head she started to get dizzy.

.....“Oh…” Ashlyn finally breathed. “Oh,” she looked over at Dani. “Are they happy?” she asked in concern. Dani nodded with a smile.

.....“They both seem very happy,” Dani assured. Ashlyn nodded.

.....“I guess that’s all the matters. I still don’t understand why Joe didn’t tell me,” Ashlyn said. She more hurt over Joe keeping this from her, then finding out that David had married someone else.

.....“Payton asked him not too. She felt it was something you needed to hear from David. But from what I understand, David doesn’t want anything to do with you right now,” Dani said whispered the last phrase.

.....“I hurt him,” Ashlyn agreed with a nod. “I mean we weren’t really dating, but still…” Ashlyn shrugged. Ashlyn frowned. Why wasn’t she pissed? Did this mean that she was going soft? Ashlyn didn’t like that idea.

.....“Get changed…and then we’ll buy our dresses,” Dani said softly with a kind smile. Ashlyn smiled. She needed to hurry, Ashlyn wanted to know why Payton and David getting married had affected Joe as it did.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I will post the pictures I have for the dresses and tux in the last chapter! I don't want to show off anything too soon!

***

My Twitter

If you follow me and let me know, I will follow you back!

***

The Return of Avery Harper

Check out my new Jonas story...it won't be posted as often as I post Slowly Dying Alone, but I will try to get to it when I can. Right now I'm really trying to focus on this story, since there's so much to it!

***

Live4Music -- I'm glad this story excites you so much!

Breathless Tallie -- Yes...unfortunately...she was very snooty and 'Im-better-then-you.' She came into the Target that I worked for with Benji Madden (which really made my day!!) I was the only one who even knew who he was. I've also met Adam West, Shaun White, Jessica Simpson, Shaq, and some players from the Chargers. My favorite person that I met was Andrea Parker! She was from this TV show called the The Pretenders, and it was one of my favorites growing up! She was so nice and talked with me for a long time!! -- And I have no comment about that statement! Especially since you probably know more then anyone else! lol