Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Surprising Twists

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....James Anderson stepped up to a house. He gave a slight frown. Just what kind of man had his sister married? He was expecting a small house, but this was more like a small mansion. James sighed and walked up the steps. He knocked on the door. The door sung open and James once again frowned. The man looked familiar.

.....“Can I help you?” the man asked.

.....“I’m sorry; I think I have the wrong address. I’m looking for my sister,” James said. The man gave a small smile and then stepped back.

.....“James?” the man asked. James nodded. He was very confused.

.....“Payton is out…a friend of hers is getting married in a couple days. But Jeremiah is here,” the man held the door open allowing James to step into the grand house. “I’m David,” he then said holding out his hand. James shook it cautiously.

.....“Nice to meet you,” James returned. David nodded nervously.

.....“Jer and I were just playing some video games. This way,” David said as he walked James through the halls.

.....“How are my siblings?” James wanted to know. David nodded.

.....“They’re both good. Jer has been a little jumping bean waiting for the day that you would arrive,” David said with a laugh. James smiled. “Hey bud, guess who’s here,” David said as they walked into a giant TV room. Jeremiah looked up. He frowned before giving a huge smile.

.....“James,” he yelled as he jumped off the couch and ran straight into James’ arms. James held on tightly, hugging his brother for the first time in two years.

.....“Hey buddy, you’ve gotten so big,” James said as he held his brother out in order to look him over.

.....“Pay-Pay, says I’m a big kid now. And Davy and Pay-Pay are putting me in school…it starts next week!” Jeremiah said excitedly. James laughed.

.....“I’m glad,” James whispered. Jeremiah turned to David.

.....“Can I show him his room?” he asked with a grin. David nodded in agreement.

.....“That’s a brilliant idea,” David agreed. Jeremiah laughed and pulled on James’ arm.

.....“This way, Pay-Pay and I fixed it all up just for you,” James looked at David in confusion, but the other man just shrugged. David and James silently followed Jeremiah as he led them down the hall of the first floor of the house. Jeremiah opened the door and yelled out a big, “Ta-da!” James was shocked.

.....“It has its own entrance, so you don’t even have to come through the house. Payton had the kitchen area stocked of things she said you liked. We hope you’ll feel at home,” David said from behind James. James turned. Who was this man?

.....“I’m still not sure if I like you,” James said after Jeremiah was out of hearing range. David nodded in agreement.

.....“I understand. After all I married your sister. And not even for the right reasons,” David stated. James frowned.

.....“What do you mean you didn’t marry for the right reasons?”

.....“Payton and I…we’re not in love. We married because we caught our now ex’s making out with each other. It was irrational and probably not even necessary, but I will take of Payton. I will honor her like I’m bound to do. In time we both believe that we will love each other. But it’s going to take work,” David admitted. James’ frown deepened.

.....David shrugged. “Listen I’m going to take Jer out tonight, so you and Pay can talk,” he then said.

.....James nodded. “All right, we both probably have a lot to say,” James agreed. David agreed.

.....“Why don’t I leave you and Jer to talk? I’ll be in the living room if either of you need me. And if Jer wants to give you the tour…he’s more then welcome to. It’s his house too,” David said as he walked off. James once again frowned, but he wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or not.

***

.....Payton sighed as walked into her new house.

.....“David,” she called out. David walked into the hall with a smile.

.....“Hey babe,” David said in a teasing tone. Payton smiled. “Jer has a surprise for you,” he then said as he grasped her hand and leaned in for a gentle kiss. Payton once again smiled.

.....“Am I going to like it?” Payton asked. David just nodded before leading her into the dining room. Payton stopped when they entered the room. Her eyes when huge and she gasped.

.....“James,” she called as she rushed into his arms. James held her tightly and Payton felt the tears fall from her eyes.

.....“Hey little sis,” James said softly. Jeremiah jumped in excitement and rushed in to hug the both of them.

.....“I’ve missed you,” Payton said gently as they both pulled away from the embrace.

.....“I’ve missed you both as well,” James assured.

.....“James loves his new room,” Jeremiah said happily as he sat down at the table.

.....“Hey bud, why don’t we get the table set for dinner,” David said kindly. Jeremiah nodded and rushed off.

.....“He seems good with Jeremiah,” James commented once they were both out of the room. Payton nodded.

.....“David’s great with him. He’s patient, caring, and Jer really looks up to him,” Payton agreed.

.....“He told me why you two married,” Payton paled. “But I don’t want to discuss it with Jeremiah in the room,” James said. Payton nodded.

.....Jeremiah and David both walked into the room carrying place settings. They worked together to set the table. Payton smiled at the act.

.....“What’s for dinner?” Payton asked knowing that David liked simpler foods and wasn’t very big on fancy eating.

.....“Mac ‘n cheese and hot dogs,” David said with a grin causing Jeremiah to jump happily.

.....“I love mac ‘n cheese and hot dogs,” he stated. Everyone then sat down for a quite dinner. Afterword David convinced Jeremiah to join him for an ice cream treat. After David and Jeremiah had left the house, Payton turned to her brother. She knew he was concerned.

.....“So, when did my rational sister become so irrational?” James asked getting right to the point. Payton shrugged.

.....“It just happened. We talked about it, and we both decided to just go for it. David and I both feel that a marriage based on honesty and understanding has a much better chance then a marriage that based on nothing more then love.”

.....“Nothing more then love? Payton I know you’re young but love is the only reason a person should marry. Do you honestly believe that if mom and dad were alive, they would be happy for you?” James stated. Payton flinched.

.....“Maybe not, but they would have both realized that I made the choice, and it was my own choice to make. All mom and dad ever wanted from us was our own happiness. I may not love David, now, but I know that love is a choice, and I’m choosing to believe that I will love David in the future,” Payton replied adamantly.

.....James sighed, “I guess we’re just going to have to agree to disagree. But when this marriage ends, I will laugh in your face,” he said his voice only slightly teasing. Payton smiled.

.....“I’ve missed you James,” she sighed as she pulled her brother close for another hug.

.....“I’ve missed you too, Pay,” James whispered.

***

.....Ashlyn sighed as she walked toward Joe, who was sitting on his bunk in the bus. No one else was around so Ashlyn knew that she would be able to talk freely with Joe. She didn’t know what she was going to say to him, but she knew that they most likely would end up in another fight.

.....“Joe,” Ashlyn called. Joe looked up and smiled.

.....“Hey baby,” Joe called as he leaned in, kissing her cheek. Ashlyn smiled.

.....“Dani told me…” Ashlyn trailed off. Joe looked at her confused.

.....“Told you what?” Joe wanted to know. Ashlyn once again sighed.

.....“About David and Payton,” Ashlyn whispered. She looked up and noticed Joe’s face had paled slightly. “I don’t understand why you just didn’t tell me…or why, for that matter it even bothered you in the first place,” Ashlyn stated. Joe sighed and took Ashlyn’s hand into his own.

.....“I wasn’t worried that I might still have feelings for her,” he started. Ashlyn gasped. It sometimes amazed her at how well Joe knew her and her thoughts. “My concern was that we forced Payton and David into this…this loveless marriage. I didn’t want to feel responsible for their actions as well as my own,” Joe whispered as he pulled Ashlyn into his arms.

.....“I love you,” Ashlyn whispered as she rested her head on Joe’s chest. She felt Joe take a deep breath.

.....“I love you too, Sawyer. I always will,” he replied his voice firm. Ashlyn felt Joe squeeze her tighter and Ashlyn leaned up kissing Joe soundly. Joe grunted and kissed her back. Joe pulled Ashlyn onto his bunk and made quick work of removing her top. Ashlyn gasped as Joe kissed along her neck. Ashlyn knew that she needed to stop Joe…before things went too far, but how was she supposed to stop him when she loved the feeling he gave her? Ashlyn sighed as a moan worked its way up and out of her lips. Joe groaned and continued to kiss and suck her neck. Ashlyn knew there would be a giant hickey there in the morning, but at this point she was beyond caring. Five more minutes, Ashlyn figured. She knew that after that she would have to stop Joe…even if she didn’t want him to stop.

***

.....The next day Dani walked up to Payton’s house. Everyone was back, knowing that they had a wedding to deal with in the next couple of days. Dani had separated from everyone wanting to make sure that she saw Payton before her brother got back into town. Dani quickly knocked on the door. Within minutes Payton had the door opened. She gasped when she saw Dani.

.....“Dani,” she whispered. Dani looked up in fear. Payton was so quiet that Dani knew that James had to of been there.

.....“He’s here…isn’t he?” Dani whispered. Payton nodded. Dani sighed. “We might as well get this over with. I’m going to call Kevin,” Dani said.

.....“Dani, it might be best if we did this at the Jonas house. I don’t want James causing a scene,” Payton stated. Dani sighed again.

.....“Okay…let’s get this over with,” Dani replied as she quickly hugged her friend.

.....“Thirty minutes,” Payton called softly as Dani walked away. Dani waved and hurried to her car, dialing Kevin as she went. Dani was ready for this…she knew that she needed this closure. It was important to her…to Kevin…and to this baby that she was carrying.

***

.....Kylie snuggled into Nick.

.....“I really like this,” Nick whispered as he ran his fingers through her new hair. Kylie smiled.

.....“Me too, I didn’t believe I could get weaves with how short my hair was, but this lady is a miracle worker,” Kylie agreed. Nick laughed.

.....“Our birthday is tomorrow,” Nick then whispered. Kylie smiled.

.....“What do you have planned?” Kylie asked. Nick chuckled.

.....“Nothing you’re going to find out about today,” Nick assured. Kylie giggled and just snuggled deeper into Nick’s side. Her legs were tucked under her and Nick was relaxed against the couch. Just then a nervous Dani and a concerned Kevin entered the living room. Nick and Kylie sat up slightly, both of them looking concerned.

.....“What’s wrong Dani?” Kylie asked softly. Dani smiled as she sat down on the couch, next to Nick. Kevin perched on the arm of the couch, lightly touching his wife in comfort.

.....“Payton’s on her way with her brother,” Dani replied. Kylie nodded.

.....“Do you want me and Nick to leave?” Kylie asked, but Dani was shaking her head.

.....“The more people in the room, the better,” Dani whispered.

.....“We’re here for you sis,” Nick promised with a reassuring smile. Dani smiled back and gently hugged her brother.

.....“You both great,” Dani said as Kevin looked around the room.

.....“Where are Joe and Ashlyn?” Kevin asked. Kylie shrugged.

.....“Ashlyn got here early and rushed right into Joe’s room. They both have been acting weird all morning,” Kylie commented. Nick nodded in agreement.

.....“They were like that last night too,” Kevin said thoughtfully. “I wonder what happened,” he then said. Everyone shrugged just as the front door opened.

.....“Guys?” Payton called with some concern.

.....“In the living room,” Kevin called as he took Dani’s hand into his own.

.....“I love you,” Kevin assured as he lightly kissed Dani’s temple. Dani looked up and smiled.

.....“You’ve been so amazing, the best husband a girl could ever ask for,” Dani stated. She leaned up and kissed Kevin lightly on the lips. “I love you,” she promised as she pulled away. Nick and Kylie scooted over on the couch, allowing Kevin to sit next to his wife.

.....Just then Payton walked in the room with David, Jeremiah, and another man following behind them.

.....“Hey guys,” Kylie said as she stood up. Payton smiled and walked over to Kylie, grasping the end of Kylie’s hair.

.....“Oh Kylie, it looks better then we thought,” Payton gushed. Kylie smiled.

.....“I like it too,” Kylie said as Nick laughed. Nick stood up and grasped Kylie around the waist.

.....“Don’t worry, you look beautiful…no matter what,” Nick assured as he lightly pressed his lips into Kylie’s cheek.

.....“You say the sweetest things,” Kylie said softly.

.....“Guys this is my big brother James,” Payton said softly.

.....“And mine,” Jeremiah added causing everyone to laugh. “I’m going to find Frankie,” Jeremiah said as he ran off.

.....“James this is Kylie and Nick,” Payton stated. James moved to shake their hands and then stopped.

.....“Dani?” he asked his voice full of surprise and confusion. Dani looked up and smiled. She stood up and pulled Kevin with her.

.....“Hey James, this is my husband…Kevin,” Dani said as she pulled Kevin next to her. James looked shocked and Kylie noticed a slight glint of hurt run through his eyes.

.....“Husband?” James paused. “It’s really nice to meet you,” he then said as he shook Kevin’s hand. Kevin nodded in agreement.

.....“Dani and Payton have told me a lot about you,” Kevin said with a smile. James nodded. Kevin turned to Nick and Kylie. “Will you two go find Joe and Ashlyn?” he asked. Kylie nodded and grasped Nick’s hand pulling him with her.

.....“That was…” Nick breathed once they were out of ear shot. Kylie nodded.

.....“Weird,” Kylie finished. They then both ran upstairs. Nick stopped and pulled Kylie into his arms, her back leaning into his chest.

.....“Do you hear that?” Nick whispered. Kylie listened and frowned.

.....“Is someone…moaning?” Kylie asked in confusion.

.....“You don’t think…”

.....“No…they wouldn’t,” Kylie interrupted with a shake of her head. “I mean they wouldn’t be stupid enough to do it under Denise’s nose…would they?” Kylie asked. Nick frowned they silently walked toward Joe’s room. They both paused and listened. Kylie heard Joe’s bed banging into wall.

.....“Oh gross,” Nick whispered. Kylie looked at Nick and then pulled him away.

.....“Give them a minute. We don’t know for sure what they’re doing. We have to give them the benefit before placing them on trial,” she stated as she pulled him into her room.

.....“I just…” Nick shuttered. Kylie smiled and leaned up kissing Nick lightly.

.....“I love you,” Kylie whispered making Nick smile.

.....“I love you too,” Nick whispered back before pulling her close for another kiss. “Come on, we better warn the idiots,” Nick muttered as he pulled Kylie back into the hall. Kylie giggled.

.....“Joe,” Nick yelled banging on the door. They both heard Joe curse. “Kevin is looking for Ashlyn,” he then said. Kylie and Nick stepped back and several minutes later a disheveled Joe and Ashlyn walked out the room. Both of them tried to maintain innocent faces, but Kylie couldn’t help notice that they both looked so guilty.

.....“I don’t care what your excuse is,” Nick stated before Joe could get a word in. “Kylie and I will keep our mouths shut…but for goodness sakes find somewhere else…for everyone’s sake,” Nick said as he pulled Kylie back toward the stairs. Kylie turned.

.....“You both might want to fix yourselves,” she whispered softly causing Ashlyn to run her fingers through her hair. Kylie and Nick made their way back downstairs. Everyone was still standing and Kylie felt like she shouldn’t be there.

.....“They’ll be here in a minute,” Nick said giving nothing away. Kevin nodded.

.....“Thank you,” Kevin said politely.

.....“Nick and I need to go…we need to discuss some last minute plans with Denise,” Kylie said as she pulled Nick away from the awkward feeling that was flowing through the room. She really hoped that things wouldn’t stay this way.
♠ ♠ ♠
My Twitter

If you follow me and let me know, I will follow you back!

***

The Return of Avery Harper

Check out my new Jonas story...it won't be posted as often as I post Slowly Dying Alone, but I will try to get to it when I can. Right now I'm really trying to focus on this story, since there's so much to it!

***

lizzzzzzx -- Me either!!

Kazla -- I love this story too!! Of course I might be a little biased!

Breathless Tallie -- lol...My aunt's husbands parents live in a gated community (in LA) that has several celebrities living there too. Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson used to live in the house right behind them!

And you are special!