Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

A Beautiful Day for Dating

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Ashlyn felt dirty. There was no other way to put it. She had done something she promised not too and now there was no going back. As far as Ashlyn could see, she had three choices. One, break up with Joe and move very far away. Two, tell Joe that she wasn’t ready and ask him not to pressure her. Or three, she could just let things happen.

.....Ashlyn really didn’t know what to do. She had never been this confused before.

.....“Ashlyn,” Kylie whispered as she entered the spare room. Ashlyn looked up and paled. “I thought maybe you needed a friend,” Kylie said as she sat down next to Ashlyn. Ashlyn smiled.

.....“I’ve never been good at making friends,” Ashlyn whispered as she pulled her feet up and rested her head on one of her knees. Kylie sighed.

.....“I know. I’ve never had a chance to make friends. I mean I’ve spent most of teenage years in a hospital. Most teenagers fear sick kids,” Kylie said as she also pulled her legs up.

.....“I feel…” Ashlyn sighed. “I feel dirty,” she finally said. Kylie nodded.

.....“You know…I’ve never taken the vow, but I always believed that my first time should mean something. Did it mean something?” Kylie asked. Ashlyn shrugged.

.....“I really don’t know,” Ashlyn replied. “I can’t get past feeling guilty,” she admitted.

.....“Well…” Kylie paused clearly trying to think of a response. “Did you want to talk about it?” she finally asked. Ashlyn looked over at Kylie.

.....“Why are you being so nice to me? I’ve been nothing but a bitch to you,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie smiled.

.....“I know…but everyone deserves a second chance,” Kylie replied. “I don’t know what your story is…and I’m not going to bother you with it, but I know that you’re battling something. Something that forces you to act the way you do. Everybody needs friends, and I know that it will be long while before you and Payton can ever become friends. So I thought maybe you and I could become friends. In fact, if you’re willing, I’d really like you to be my maid of honor…” Kylie looked over at the clock, “…tomorrow,” she said with a grin. Ashlyn looked over in shock.

.....“You want me to be your maid of honor?” she gasped. Kylie nodded.

.....“Dani told me that you find a really pretty dress, and since I don’t have any friends or family, I thought maybe you would do it,” Kylie said with a shrug. Ashlyn smiled. It was clear that Kylie didn’t want to make Ashlyn feel uncomfortable.

.....“I’d like to,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie grinned.

.....“Great, Denise is going to take us to get our hair and nails done. I’ve never had that before,” Kylie said. “And then we’ll get all dressed up…it will be like we’re children again. You know I never got to dress up as a child,” Kylie commented.

.....“Me either,” Ashlyn said with a shrug. They then both looked at each other and grinned. “Do you know what Nick has planned for today?” Ashlyn asked. Kylie shook her head.

.....“No, and I’m excited. He told me last night, that we get to spend all day together. It’s weird that today is my first date…and then tomorrow I’m getting married.” Ashlyn laughed.

.....“That is a little weird,” Ashlyn said still laughing. Kylie smiled. “I feel like it was a mistake,” Ashlyn then whispered. Kylie was silent for a moment.

.....“A mistake like you’ve been told no and did it anyways, or a mistake like you weren’t really ready?” Kylie asked.

.....“I don’t think I was really ready. Kylie, I have issues. Like major issues, and with Joe, I just seem to lose all train of thought,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie nodded.

.....“I know it may seem silly, but you have to talk to Joe. You have to tell him you’re not ready, and that while you still love him, you don’t feel comfortable enough to do it again,” Kylie said softly.

.....“Are you and Nick…going to?” Ashlyn paused. Kylie shrugged.

.....“I’m not sure I’m ready. Nick says we’ll wait, but I also know that if I keep waiting, I may never be ready. I may just have to go through it. Is it scary? I’ve been told it hurts,” Kylie whispered. Ashlyn sighed.

.....“It does hurt…for a moment, but I know Nick will be gentle and loving. You’ll both be going through it together. I’ll bet Nick’s just as nervous as you are,” Ashlyn finally said.

.....“I know…we both feel weird talking about the subject, but we’re both making an effort,” Kylie nodded. “Paul wants us to get counseling, he thinks it will benefit our marriage…since we’re getting married so young.”

.....“It might help,” Ashlyn shrugged. Kylie nodded. “We should get to bed,” she then said.

.....“I’ll see you in the morning,” Kylie whispered as she stood up. “Hey Ashlyn,” Kylie said as she paused in the door. Ashlyn looked up.

.....“Yeah?”

.....“I’m glad we’re finally friends,” Kylie whispered. Ashlyn smiled.

.....“Me too,” Ashlyn replied. Ashlyn laid back on her bed and looked up at the ceiling. She would talk to Joe in the morning…but she still didn’t know what to say to him.

***

.....Kylie walked into the hall and nearly collided with another body. Kylie looked up and into the shocked face of Nick.

.....“Hi,” Kylie whispered. Nick grinned and pulled Kylie into her room.

.....“What are you still doing up?” Nick asked.

.....“I was talking with Ashlyn. I figured she needed a friend,” Kylie shrugged. Nick smiled and pulled Kylie into his arms. “I asked her to be my maid of honor,” Kylie then said.

.....“I asked Kevin and Joe. Kevin didn’t pick between us, so I knew I couldn’t do it either,” Nick said. “How is Ashlyn?” Nick after a moment.

.....“Confused,” Kylie shrugged. “I feel for her…you know?” Nick nodded.

.....“I was just with Joe, but he wouldn’t talk to me,” Nick shrugged. Kylie leaned into Nick as Nick instantly wrapped his arms around her.

.....“Are we going to be like them?” Kylie asked as she rested her head onto Nick’s shoulder.

.....“I don’t think so. I think Joe and Ashlyn are only feeling confused because of how they were raised. We were taught that intimacy is for marriage. They both just might feel like they did something wrong,” Nick explained. His chin was resting gently on Kylie’s head as he held her close.

.....“I love you,” Kylie whispered as she wrapped her arms around Nick’s waist squeezing him close. Nick sighed and hugged her back.

.....“I love you…now go to bed. We have a long day ahead of us,” Nick whispered as he captured Kylie’s lips with his own. Kylie sighed and kissed Nick back. He pulled away moments later and smiled. “You’re the best thing that ever happened to me,” Nick stated as he ran a finger down Kylie’s cheek.

.....“You make me want to live,” Kylie countered with her own smile. Nick kissed her one last time before pulling out of her grasp and walking out of the room. “See you in the morning,” he said as he closed the door behind him. Kylie looked around her room and walked to where her journals were hidden. It had been ages since she touched them, but she knew that she needed to update her list.

............................Things to accomplish before I die

.....Get a family
.....• View the world
.....• Get my first kiss
.....• Own a dog
.....• Have a boyfriend for the first time
.....• View the stars with someone special
.....• Experience a once-in-a-lifetime occasion
.....• Visit my parents’ grave
.....• Fall in love


.....A lot had happened since she first made the list. Kylie pulled out her sharpie and crossed out Get my first kiss, Have a boyfriend for the first time, and Fall in love. Kylie sighed as she looked the list over. She had completed more then she ever thought possible. Kylie quickly hid the book and crawled back into bed. She wanted to be ready and refresh for tomorrow…rather today.

***

.....“Joe we need to talk,” Ashlyn whispered. It was early still, but Ashlyn had given up trying to sleep ages ago. Joe nodded and patted the space next to him. Ashlyn hesitated for a moment before deciding to sit by his feet.

.....“You regret it…don’t you?” Joe asked. Ashlyn looked down.

.....“You didn’t?” Ashlyn asked. Joe shrugged.

.....“I don’t regret it…no. I just wish…I mean I just want to be with you,” Joe whispered. Ashlyn smiled.

.....“I love you Joe. I really do, but I honestly believe that I wasn’t ready for that step of my life.” Ashlyn paused. “I’m not saying you forced me,” she quickly added when she saw Joe pale. “I made the choice not to stop you, but Joe…I made the wrong choice.”

.....“Ashlyn, I don’t…I mean…well…what are we supposed to do?” Joe asked as he struggled to find the right words. Ashlyn shrugged.

.....“We really can’t just take a step back…can we?” Ashlyn asked. Joe shook his head.

.....“Ashlyn,” Joe whispered as he grasped her hand and pulled her into his lap. Ashlyn straddled his thighs and looked into his eyes. “I love you,” Joe whispered as he leaned forward and kissed her gently. Ashlyn sighed. She knew that. Joe kissed her harder and suddenly Ashlyn’s mind went blank. It was like Joe had the remote that turned her brain on and off. Joe flipped them both over as Ashlyn laid against the bed. Joe hovered over her and kissed her again. Ashlyn knew she was getting herself deeper into something she wasn’t ready for. But how could she stop when it was clear that Joe loved her?

***

.....That morning Kylie giggled as a knock sounded on her door. She opened the door and there stood Nick with a dozen roses.

.....“Are you ready for our date?” Nick asked gently. Kylie nodded. “These are for you,” he then said as he handed her the roses. Kylie inhaled the smell and smiled.

.....“We can water them in the kitchen,” Kylie said as she grasped Nick’s hand. Nick silently led her out of her room and toward the kitchen. Nick grabbed a vase for Kylie and she quickly filled it with water and placed the roses within. Nick put the vase-filled roses on the island and they quickly made their way out of the house. Nick helped Kylie into the car, kissing her gently as she settled into her seat. Kylie smiled as he got into the drivers seat.

.....“I really can’t wait,” Kylie whispered. Nick grinned and grasped her hand in his. “So where first?” she asked eagerly.

.....“You’ll see,” Nick promised with another smile. They drove in a peaceful silence. It was fifteen minutes before Nick pulled up into a small breakfast diner.

.....“I hope your hungry,” Nick said with a smile as he got out of the car and walked toward Kylie’s side. Even though Kylie wanted to rush out of the car, she allowed Nick to come to her side and help her out. “Now today is day for us to make up on all the dates we’ve missed. So before we go in…while we a have a moment I want to give you this,” Nick said as he handed Kylie a gift. Kylie looked down at it and then back up at Nick with a smile. “Open it,” he urged. Kylie giggled and quickly unwrapped the package. When she opened it the velvet box she looked up at Nick. Nick smiled and took the box from Kylie.

.....“This is a promise ring,” Nick stated. The ring was a simple heart band with three small diamonds. The ring itself was on a silver chain. Nick took the chain out of the velvet box and held it out. “Kylie, I promise that I will always remain true to you. I promise to love you for the rest of my life. I promise to share my good and my bad with you. I want to spend the rest of my life showing you just how much I truly love you and how much I care for who you are as a person,” Nick said softly as he wrapped the chain around Kylie’s neck. Kylie grinned and moved her new hair out of Nick’s way.

.....“It’s beautiful,” Kylie whispered as she fingered the ring. She looked up at Nick and reached up to kiss him sweetly. “I promise to hold you to that promise,” Kylie then said with a teasing smile. Nick grinned and kissed her again.

.....“Let’s go inside. I’m starving,” Nick said as he laced his fingers with Kylie’s. Together they walked in hand-in-hand.

.....“Welcome to Judy’s Diner,” a plump gum-chewing lady said, her mouth covered in bright red lipstick. She smiled and Kylie moved closer to Nick, taking in his warmth.

.....“Table for two,” Nick said kindly. He was wearing his usual hat and sunglasses but Kylie didn’t mind. Shirley, Kylie had checked her name tag, led them down the isle and offered them a booth. Nick smiled his thanks and allowed Kylie to slide in first. Nick slid into the seat after her sitting right beside her. Kylie smiled, her insides going all gooey.

.....“I’m Shirley,” she popped her gum, “I’ll be your waiter for today. Can I start ya’ll both off with something to drink?” she asked as she continued to chomp on her gum. Kylie shivered.

.....“I’ll have a coffee, please,” Nick looked over at Kylie, “Sweetie?” he said affectionately. Kylie smiled.

.....“I’ll have milk…please,” she said softly. Shirley nodded and left, most likely to get their drinks.

.....“I love you,” Nick whispered as he once again grasped her hand in his. Kylie smiled softly.

.....“I love you too,” she replied her voice just as soft. Nick leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Thank you,” Kylie then said as she fingered the ring necklace. Nick grinned.

.....“It was my pleasure. I had a blast looking with Kevin. Since he was already married we were able to use him as a decoy,” Nick said his grin still in place. Kylie laughed quietly as Shirley came back with their drinks.

.....“Do ya’ll know what you want?” she asked. Kylie smiled and looked down at her menu.

.....“I’ll just have some eggs and toast please,” Kylie said knowing that her stomach still couldn’t handle much.

.....“How would ya like your eggs?” Shirley asked her southern drawl coming on thickly.

.....“Umm…Over hard, please,” Kylie said kindly. Shirley wrote the order on her pad.

.....“And y’er toast?”

.....“Wheat please, dry,” Kylie replied.

.....“And for ya sugar?” Shirley asked as she turned to Nick.

.....“I’ll have the pancake platter,” Nick said. Shirley nodded and quickly walked off.

.....“Are you sure that’s all you want?” Kylie questioned with concern. Nick nodded kindly.

.....“My blood sugar was a little low this morning. I just need something to help me kick it back up. Syrup will help,” he assured. Kylie nodded and rested her head on Nick’s shoulder.

.....“Happy Birthday,” Kylie whispered into his ear. Nick shivered and turned to Kylie with a smile.

.....“Happy Birthday to you too,” he replied. They both grinned. Ten minutes later Shirley came back with their plates of food. On Nick’s plate not only was there pancakes, there was also bacon, hash browns, and sausage.

.....“Enjoy,” Shirley said as she placed Tabasco sauce, ketchup, and salsa on the table. Nick grinned and began smothering his pancakes in syrup. Kylie ate slowly.

.....“Are you okay?” Nick asked with concern. Kylie nodded.

.....“I’m fine, I’m just not used to having any kind of appetite, so I need to take eating again, slowly,” she explained.

.....“I can understand that,” Nick smiled. “I’ve had that issue at times,” he then added. Nick looked down at his food. “Do you think the radiation took?” Kylie sighed as she looked over at Nick, the man she was marrying tomorrow, the love of her life. She wanted the radiation to take; she wanted to spend forever with Nick.

.....I don’t know,” Kylie shrugged. “But I can hope,” she said with a small smile.

.....“I hope more then I probably should,” Nick admitted. Kylie took Nick’s fingers into her hand, tracing the lines and curves of his masculine hand.

.....“I do too,” she finally admitted. “I never thought much of living. It wasn’t that big of a deal, because no one would miss me. But then I met you…and your family…and suddenly, I want to live more then I ever have before.” Kylie looked up at Nick as he laced his fingers with hers. “I want a miracle to happen; I want everything that I was told I would never have,” Kylie whispered. “I want kids…lots of them; I want to be able to feel your child move within me. I know it sounds silly…”

.....“No…sweetie, it’s not silly. I want those things too,” Nick interrupted. “I want to feel our child growing in your stomach beneath my fingers; I want as many children as the Lord is willing to give us. I want it all too. Maybe we’ll get our miracle, but if we don’t there are many children out in the world that need parents. We can be that for them, we can show kids…kids like you, that they matter,” Nick whispered. Kylie looked up, her eyes smiling.

.....“I’d like that,” she whispered softly. Nick smiled.

.....“Good, now eat, we have a long day ahead of us,” Nick said as he squeezed her fingers tightly. Kylie nodded and forked some eggs placing them in her mouth.

***

.....It was stupid, Joe knew that. But he couldn’t seem to control himself, which would probably explain why Sawyer was avoiding him. She had told him that she didn’t want to go there with him again, and what did he do? He seduced her right back into his bed. He didn’t mean to, he didn’t want to do something that Sawyer didn’t feel ready for, but they both seemed to have no control with each other.

.....“You okay bro?” Kevin asked as he walked into the living room.

.....“Fine…why?” Joe asked. Kevin shrugged.

.....“You just seem lost in thought,” he answered.

.....“I’ve got a lot on my mind,” Joe said. “Did you pick up the wedding rings?” Joe asked. Denise had decided to surprise Nick and Kylie with matching wedding rings, and it was decided that Kevin would pick them up.

.....“Got them,” Kevin said. Joe looked up and knew that Kevin wasn’t happy with the subject change, but he wasn’t about to discuss his mind with his brother. Kevin just wouldn’t understand.

.....“I’m going out for a while. If Sawyer comes looking for me…tell her to call me,” Joe said as he got up and walked out of the house. He just needed to think.

***

.....“Hello?” Kylie questioned as she answered her phone. Nick looked over and frowned. He knew that Kylie wouldn’t answer unless it was important, but he didn’t know what was important. “Ashlyn? What’s wrong? … … … What do you mean? I thought you were going to talk to him? … … … Oh I see, no, we’ll talk more when Nick and I get home … … … Yes of course. … … … Okay, bye,” Kylie hung up and frowned at the phone.

.....“Kylie what happened?” Nick asked with concern. Kylie sighed.

.....“If I tell you something…will you keep it between you and me?” Kylie asked.

.....“Is it something serious?” Nick wanted to know. Kylie shrugged.

.....“It’s about Joe and Ashlyn,” Kylie informed. Nick nodded.

.....“Let me guess…they did it again?” Nick questioned. Kylie sighed.

.....“Ashlyn told Joe she wasn’t ready…but yeah,” Kylie said. Nick groaned.

.....“Joe’s an idiot,” he stated as they pulled into the private airport. Kylie looked up and looked around. Nick grinned knowing that she was silently wondering where they were going.

.....“I know,” she said, “I’ll talk to Ashlyn tonight,” Kylie turned and looked toward the back of the SUV. “I don’t see any bags,” Kylie said with a soft frown. Nick laughed.

.....“We’re not going far,” he promised. Kylie nodded and got out once Nick stopped the car. Nick came around and once again laced her fingers with his. Nick led her up to the small jet plane and helped her inside.

.....“We’re ready for take off, Mr. Jonas,” the pilot said with a smile. Nick nodded and he and Kylie buckled up. Kylie who was still quite weak leaned into Nick and rested her head on his shoulder. Nick looked down and pulled Kylie closer into his side.

.....“I’ve been thinking,” Kylie whispered.

.....“About what?” Nick asked.

.....“I think we should set a date,” Kylie replied.

.....“A date?” Nick asked confused.

.....“Yeah, I fear that if I don’t set a time limit, I might never be ready for that next step,” Kylie explained. Nick sighed.

.....“Honey, I’m not going to rush you. If your not ready, and we do have...make love, then it might scare you,” Nick said kindly. “You see how Ashlyn’s reacting to Joe,” Kylie nodded her head, “That would be you, if I allowed you to set a time limit.” Kylie sighed.

.....“I just don’t want to disappoint you,” Kylie admitted. Nick smiled even though Kylie couldn’t see him. Nick pulled back and gently grasped Kylie’s chin in order to allow him to look into her eyes.

.....“Kylie, how could you disappoint me? When this happens…and it will happen in our own time…it will be perfect. I love you Kylie. You could never disappoint me,” Nick promised. Kylie gave a small smile and leaned up kissing Nick gently. Nick smiled and Kylie deepened the kiss.

.....“You’re too good to me,” she whispered against his lips. Nick grinned and kissed her again.

.....“Well, I could say the same to you,” Nick replied, his grin teasing. Kylie laughed and lightly smacked Nick’s chest. Nick grabbed those fingers and pulled them up toward their faces. He first ran an intertwined finger down her cheek and then kissed her fingers. “I love you,” he whispered. “You really do…mean everything to me.”

.....“I love you, and so far…today has been perfect,” Kylie replied.

.....“It’s about to get better,” Nick replied, “I promise,” he whispered. Kylie smiled. She then snuggled back into Nick and closed her eyes. Nick once again pulled her close and leaned into her, holding Kylie as tightly and as gently as he could.

***

.....The rest of the plane ride had gone smoothly. Nick and Kylie had slept, cuddled up in each others arms. When they landed Nick took Kylie to a nearby waiting car.

.....“I’m going to tell you something.” Kylie nodded. “Where we’re going…might be difficult for you to handle. When we get there, if you don’t want to do it, I won’t force you,” Nick said kissing her with the promise.

.....“Okay,” Kylie said gently. Kylie looked around and frowned. The town seemed familiar. Nick drove until they reached a cemetery. “Nick?” Kylie questioned softly. She grasped Nick’s hand as he pulled into an empty parking space.

.....“Mom informed me of some of your goals. Not everything,” he assured, “Just the ones she thought I could help you with. Mom said you wanted to visit your parents’ graves. So I contacted Miss Bidderman and she informed me of their burial place. We don’t have to go if you don’t want to you,” Nick said considerately. Kylie felt the tears run down her face and she turned to Nick with a small smile.

.....“You are the best person…man on this planet,” Kylie whispered as she grasped his face and leaned in to kiss him gently. “Flowers…their graves should have flowers,” she then whispered.

.....“There’s a stand over there,” Nick informed. Kylie smiled.

.....“I can’t wait for you to meet my parents,” Kylie said. Nick smiled. Kylie sighed and with her hands still gently on Nick’s face she turned to face the cemetery. “This will be the first time that I’ve seen my parents’ grave,” she finally admitted. Nick lifted his hands onto Kylie’s and took them off his face lacing them with his.

.....“Let’s go,” he whispered as he kissed her hand. Kylie nodded in agreement and pulled her hands back in order to open the car door. Nick and Kylie together stepped out of the car and Kylie walked over to Nick taking his hand in hers. Nick laced their fingers together and led her over to the small flower stand in the corner of parking lot.

.....“What kind of flowers did you want?” Nick asked gently as they stepped up to the stand. Kylie looked around and smiled.

.....“The carnation’s please,” Kylie whispered. “They were my mom’s favorites,” she said as she turned to Nick. Nick nodded and gave an encouraging smile. The man handed Kylie the flowers and Nick handed the man some cash.

.....“Are you ready?” Nick asked gently. Kylie gave a nervous nod, and allowed Nick to lead her through the cemetery.

.....“Do you know where the graves are?” Kylie asked as she looked around. Nick held up a map and then handed it to Kylie, taking the flowers from her so she could read the map.

.....“According to Miss Bidderman, they should be in the area that I marked,” Nick said as he tugged on her hand and pointed out an area. Kylie looked up and smiled. Together they walked on, Nick pointing at areas for them to look for the graves. After about fifteen minutes Nick had finally found her parents’ graves. They both stopped and looked at the graves.

.....“Kyle Mason Martin and Elizabeth Roxanne Wilson-Martin,” Kylie whispered as she read the graves.

.....“According to this, your mother was barely twenty-two when she died,” Nick said. Kylie looked shocked.

.....“My mother was only seventeen when she had me?” Kylie questioned.

.....“You dad was barely older then that,” Nick commented. Kylie looked at her father’s grave.

.....“My dad was nineteen,” Kylie said, doing the math quickly. “I was the product of a teen pregnancy,” Kylie realized. “Nick do you think we could…I mean could we maybe look up my family or at least the history?” Kylie asked. Nick nodded.

.....“We can just head to city counsel,” Nick agreed. They should have a file on record for you,” Nick said as Kylie took the flowers back from him. She laid them on her mother’s grave.

.....“Hi daddy,” she whispered. “I’m sorry I’ve never visited before. This is Nick,” Kylie reached up to grasp Nick’s hand. “He loves me daddy, and tomorrow I’m going to become his wife. I know you would love him,” she added.

.....“Excuse me,” a gentleman’s voice said causing Nick and Kylie to turn. He gave a nervous smile.

.....“Would you happen to be Kaylin Martin,” he asked. Kylie frowned.

.....“And exactly who is asking?” Nick asked as he pulled Kylie up to him.

.....“I’m Cooper D. Wilson, attorney at law,” he said. Kylie looked back at her mother’s grave.

.....“Wilson?” she questioned. The man cleared his throat.

.....“Liz was my older sister,” the man admitted. Kylie frowned again.

.....“If you’re her sister, why didn’t anyone claim her child?” Kylie wanted to know. She wasn’t going to admit to being herself, until she had some answers.

.....“My parents cut Liz off when she ended up pregnant. I was still a minor when she died. I didn’t know she was gone until several years later, and by then, her daughter had fallen through the cracks,” Cooper said. Kylie looked at Nick and he shrugged.

.....“Mr. Wilson, I’m Nick,” Nick finally said as he held out his hand. Kylie didn’t move. She wasn’t sure what to think. Nick looked back at Kylie and she shrugged.

.....“I go by Kylie,” she finally whispered. Cooper nodded with a pleased smile. “I’m sorry we can’t talk more. I mean I have so many questions, but today is our birthday, and we have a plane to catch,” Kylie then said politely.

.....“Where are you headed too?” Cooper wanted to know.

.....“Texas, it’s where I live now. With Nick and his family,” Kylie informed.

.....“I see. Would we be able to get together soon?” Cooper asked. Once again Kylie shrugged.

.....“We’ve got a busy time a head of us,” Kylie said.

.....“Okay. Well here,” Cooper handed Kylie a business card. “Call me when you can. It was nice to finally meet you Kylie. You look so much like your mother,” he said. Kylie shook his hand and watched as he walked away.

.....“Can we go?” Kylie asked in a whisper. Nick nodded and led Kylie back to the car. Kylie looked out the window, lost in her own thoughts.

.....“Are you okay?” Nick asked gently. Kylie nodded.

.....“All this time…I’ve had family. And they never bothered to look for me,” Kylie whispered. “I mean, one hand I’m glad they didn’t, because then I would have never met you. But one the other hand, I’ve always thought I had no family, and now…” Kylie trailed off. Nick nodded.

.....“I understand,” he stated. “I love you,” he then said. Kylie smiled.

.....“I love you too,” she whispered. “So…where are we off too now?” Kylie asked. Nick laughed and just shook his head.

.....“Back to the airport,” Nick informed clearly not going to give her anything else. Kylie smiled.

***

.....Kylie was nervous. They had gone back to the house where Ashlyn, Dani, and Denise were helping her get ready for whatever Nick had planned for the evening. Currently they were all looking through the dresses that they had, wanting to find Kylie the perfect dress.

.....“Something simple,” Denise was saying.

.....“But this is a big date,” Dani disagreed kindly. Ashlyn wasn’t saying much. Kylie looked at her new friend and frowned.

.....“Ashlyn, can you help me?” Kylie said as she walked over toward the bathroom. Ashlyn followed her, and Kylie shut the door, locking it swiftly. “What happened?” she then asked gently and softly so the others couldn’t hear her.

.....“I just…Kylie, I don’t know what to do. Joe and I have been ignoring each other all day,” Ashlyn whispered as the tears threatened to fall.

.....“It happened again?” Kylie inquired. Ashlyn just nodded.

.....“The condom broke,” she whispered her voice full of fear. “I had told him I wasn’t ready, and he respected that. But we kissed and we just lost ourselves from there. Oh god Kylie…what if…what if I’m pregnant?” she said. Kylie took Ashlyn into her arms and held her tightly.

.....“We’ll take one step at a time. I don’t want you worrying about this right now,” Kylie said. “We will deal with whatever comes. For right now, you need to make a choice. I know you love Joe…I know Joe loves you, but you and Joe are having…something,” Kylie smiled. Ashlyn laughed as she wiped away her tears.

.....“Kylie, I don’t know what I would have done without you today,” Ashlyn sighed. Kylie shrugged.

.....“We’ll talk more tonight. Sleepover?” Kylie asked. Ashlyn smiled and nodded in agreement. They hugged tightly and then Kylie left Ashlyn in the bathroom to compose herself.

.....“Is Ashlyn okay?” Denise asked with concern. Kylie just nodded.

.....“She’s fine,” Kylie said. “We were just having a girl moment,” she said with a smile. Denise nodded.

.....“I’m glad she’s finally making friends,” Dani sighed. Denise nodded in agreement and they went back to talking about the dress. Kylie sighed as she looked in the mirror. She looked back over at the dresses.

.....“I like the sweater dress,” she finally said softly. Denise and Dani looked it over.

.....“I agree,” Ashlyn said as she walked out of the bathroom. Dani and Denise nodded and finally began helping Kylie get ready.

***

.....Nick was waiting for Kylie at the end of the stairs. He had been told that she was finally ready and he was nervous about what he had in store for her tonight. Kylie came walking down the stairs and Nick smiled. When she reached him, he took her into his arms.

.....“You look beautiful,” Nick whispered as Kylie linked her hands behind his neck.

.....“You should have seen your mother and sister argue over what I should wear,” Kylie smiled.

.....“Well, this dress looks amazing on you,” Nick assured. Kylie kissed him quickly.

.....“Ashlyn and I picked it out,” Kylie informed. Nick grinned and kissed her again.

.....“Are you ready to head out?” Nick asked. Kylie nodded and removed her hands from his neck. Nick led her out of the house and once again into the car.

***

.....Kylie gasped as Nick led her into the empty restaurant.

.....“Nick what did you do?” she asked her voice full of shock.

.....“I wanted us to have a private dinner. So I paid the owner, the restaurant is always closed on Thursdays,” Nick said with a smile.

.....“Nick,” Kylie jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. Nick laughed as his arms automatically wrapped around her waist. “I love you,” she giggled.

.....“I love you too,” Nick said as he set her down. “Now let’s eat,” he said as he led her to the only table set. Nick pushed her into her chair and then sat across from her. A waiter came and poured them both a glass of sparkling cider.

.....“Happy seventeenth birthday,” Nick said with a smile.

.....“Happy eighteenth birthday,” Kylie replied as she took a sip of her cider.

.....“Did you enjoy today?” Nick asked. Kylie nodded.

.....“You really are the best boyfriend slash fiancé a girl could have,” Kylie smiled. Nick smiled as well. Kylie and Nick ate silently and soon it was time for dessert.

.....“I know we’ve already been past this part, but Kylie I wanted to do this right,” Nick said as he got up. Kylie didn’t know what was going on, but she was very nervous, excited but nervous.

.....“Do what right?” Kylie asked carefully. Suddenly Nick went down on one knee. Kylie gasped as her hands went to her mouth. “Nick…”

.....“Kylie Anne Martin, I love you more then I ever thought I would love someone. You mean everything to me and even though I know you’ve already agreed to marry me tomorrow, I want to ask you the right way – the way you deserve to be asked,” Nick stated as he pulled a velvet ring box out of his jacket pocket. Nick took Kylie’s left hand into one of his. “Kylie will you…give me the greatest honor…of becoming my wife…tomorrow,” Nick asked with a slight teasing glint in his eyes. Kylie smiled and pulled Nick up as she stood.

.....“You didn’t have to do this,” she whispered as Nick wrapped his arms around her.

.....“But I do…because it’s what you deserve,” Nick whispered back. Nick took the ring out of it’s box and with one hand wrapped around Kylie, he placed the other ring on her left hand. “I love you,” Nick said softly. Kylie looked down at her hand and gasped.

.....“Nick it’s beautiful,” Kylie whispered. “I love you,” as she looked up and cupped Nick’s face. Nick smiled and leaned down, kissing her gently. Kylie sighed as her fingers slipped from Nick’s face and into his curls. Nick pulled Kylie closer into him and Kylie’s hands left his curls and tightened around his neck.

.....“I love you,” Nick whispered against her lips. Kylie kissed Nick again. “You know, you haven’t said yes yet,” Nick teased. Kylie lightly smacked Nick’s chest and laughed.

.....“Yes, Nick. I’ll always say yes,” Kylie said. Nick smiled and kissed her again.

.....“My love, my wife,” Nick whispered. Kylie smiled against Nick’s lips.

.....“My love, my life,” Kylie replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kylie's Promise Ring

Kylie's Dress

Kylie's Engagement Ring

So a huge thank you to Breathless Tallie for helping me pick out the rings, which include the wedding rings (which you all won't see until the next chapter!!), but she seriously has been great! She's helped me with so much, given me ideas, told me exactly what she thought when I asked her opinion!! I love ya Tallie! You've been the greatest!!!

***

My Twitter

If you follow me and let me know, I will follow you back!

***

The Return of Avery Harper

Check out my new Jonas story...it won't be posted as often as I post Slowly Dying Alone, but I will try to get to it when I can. Right now I'm really trying to focus on this story, since there's so much to it!

***

Breathless Tallie -- Ooh...I know...naughty, naughty, naughty! You are more then welcome to my couch if you need a place...just remember you might get woken up by two little girls, and no one knocks when they enter my place...lol