Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

A Real Best Friend

I heard a knock on my door while I was laying around playing music on my laptop. I got up, and answered it. “Whoa, what’s up with you?” Kyle chuckled walking into the room.

“Can you not?” I mumbled, walking back to the couch and continued to eat.

“What are you doing?”

“Obviously eating,” I mumbled with cake in my mouth.

“Has your mother ever taught you manners? You don’t talk with your mouth full,” he scolded.

“Actually no, my brothers taught me,” I shrugged, taking another bite of the cake.

“Wow,” he shook his head. “Anyways, get dressed,” he said.

“What? Why?” I raised an eyebrow.

“You really think we’d let you be alone all night in Paris?” he smirked.

“Yeah?”

“Well, you’re wrong, now go get dressed,” he told me.

I got up and got dressed, and in the middle of putting all my stuff in my bags, I came up with an idea. “Oh my goodness, Kyle!” I shouted.

He came rushing in. “What?” he asked looking around for some kind of danger.

“I just came up with the most brilliant idea ever,” I told him.

He raised an eyebrow. “Which is…?”

“I can leave tonight,” I smiled.

He fidgeted. “You can't,” he mumbled.

“Why the hell not?”

“Because!” he reasoned.

“Because I want to, so go take Cindy out,” I winked at him and pushed him out the door.

“You really can't do this,” he said.

“Yes I can,” I chuckled.

“Fine,” he sighed and walked out the door. “Call me when you get to Cali,” he said. “Oh that rhymed!” he beamed.

“God my friends are dorks,” I shook my head. “I’ll call you though. Promise,” I grinned widely and closed the door, preparing to pack up. I was on my way towards my computer that was still playing, and was going to pack it up, when somebody was at the door again. I raised an eyebrow and opened it.

“You’re dressed up, have a date?” Ryan asked stepping into the room.

“Yeap with romcoms and swiss chocolate,” I laughed.

“What are you up to?” he asked plopping himself on the couch.

“I think I should be asking you the same thing,” I said sitting next to him.

“I asked you first,” he looked sideways at me with a smirk. Ah, he looked hot. I mean, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHL0MAWkmY&feature=related]whaaaaat?!url]

“Well, I was just….,” I looked around, finding that my things are in the room, out of sight. Thank goodness. “Listening to music,” I said and pointed at my laptop.

He raised an eyebrow. “Really,” he said reaching for it, the started to go through my itunes library, when ‘Just So You Know’ by Jesse McCartney started playing. “Jmac, really?” he chuckled.

My eyes widened. This song was literally he story of my life.. I closed my eyes and scrunched my face.

I shouldn’t love you, but I want to,
I just can't turn away
I shouldn’t see you, but I can't move,
I can't look away


He put my laptop back on the coffee table, the song playing in the background. He turned to me and just stared at me.

I gotta say it all before I go,
Just so you know
It’s getting hard to, be around you


“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yup,” I half smiled, looking at my hands.

A few moments later, I felt his finger under my chin, making me look up at him. “Don’t lie, you’re not,” he whispered. “What’s wrong?” he asked me sincerely. My heart sped up and I almost couldn’t breathe. Our faces were so close together, I felt the intensity between us.

“Ahh.. Nothing,” I smiled and jumped off the couch, turning to the bathroom, to get away and hide my heating face. “It’s nothing,” I called out.

Ryan leaned against the doorway of the bathroom. “No its not nothing,” he said crossing his arms. Agh, so hot.

“Okay, maybe, but can we not talk about this right now?” I asked walking past him and back on the couch.

“You’re really making this hard on me, aren’t you?” he mumbled.

“What?” I asked, not understanding.

“Nothing,” he rolled his eyes. “Come with me,” he pulled me out of the room.

“What the fuck? I don’t have my things, hold the fuck on,” I said going back to the room, grabbing my messenger bag which had all the things I needed then caught up with him in front of the elevator. “Where’s Samantha?” I asked.

“In the room,” he said motioning to the door.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “And why aren’t you dragging her out of the room?” I asked.

“Because…” he shrugged.

“Uhuh, go on,” I said.

“Is it bad that I wanna spend time with you?” he asked, stepping closer to me.

“Kind of,” I whispered and we started leaning in to each other for a second, then the elevator dinged then the doors opened. We both stepped a full foot away from our original spots,. Kyle and Cindy walked out, eyeing us weirdly.

“Hey Lyn, you’re here…,” Kyle said.

I laughed awkwardly. “Yeah, Ryan dragged me out of my room,” I grinned sheepishly and bit my lip.

“Oh.. that’s uhh.. good,” he looked at Ryan, then I watched him as he tried holding back a smile, making me look at him weirdly. “Well, go on, Cindy and I were just going to grab something,” he said and pushed us both in the elevator and waved at us. I glared at them, and he just winked at me. The doors closed, and awkwardness came over us.

“They’re weirdos,” I chuckled lightly.

“Why are you friends with such weirdos?” he asked me, smirking.

“Oh I don’t know,” I sighed. “I mean my bestfriend, is a loser, so I guess my weirdos are just a step up,” I smiled at him.

He pouted at me, then he threw me over his shoulder when the elevator doors opened. “What the fuck, Ryan?!” I squealed.

“I don’t think a loser could throw his bestfriend over his shoulder this easily,” he laughed as we walked through the hotel lobby, getting weird stares from other customers.

“But you’re a special loser!” I argued as we stepped out into the cool French air. He set me down on my feet, and hugged me by the waist.

“I better me,” he whispered in my ear, kissed my cheek and ran away from me. I rolled my eyes and chased after him.

“Hey! I think it’s the other way around! I think you’re supposed to be the one chasing after me!” I said, hands on my knees, catching my breath.

“You’re not like other girls, so you’re an exception!” he called back.

“Oh I forgot! You’re the girl!” I chuckled.

“You better start running,” he called out, as he made his way towards me. I let out a little squeal and ran like the wind. We were so close to the Eiffel tower, that I ended up running to the grass area there. I slowed down, and a few seconds later, I was tackled to the ground. Except for the fact that I didn’t actually get tackled to the ground, I ended up on top of Ryan. Again. “Pensez-vous vraiment que je te laisserai pas tomber, et non pas vous attraper?” he asked me. [Do you really think I’d let you fall, and not catch you?]

Was there another meaning to that? There couldn’t be. I smirked. “Je peux comprendre le français, vous vous souvenez?”. I stood up and offered a hand to help him up. [I can understand French, remember?]

“Charming,” he grinned at me, as he took my hand.

“So, I doubt that you dragged me out of my room to run around the park in front of the Eiffel Tower, so you should tell me now, before I go back and take a nap,” I said to him.

“Well I actually was walking around earlier and I came across this one place,” he said uneasily.

“Go on?”

“Come on,” he smiled and pulled me along with him. After a five minute or so walk, we ended up in front of a tattoo parlor.

“You’re kidding. We’re not getting tattoos in Paris. He grinned childishly at me. “You wouldn’t let me get a piercing!”

“You’re not exactly a tattoo virgin. You’re a piercing virgin,” he shrugged.

“Awh man,” I mumbled as he pulled me inside.

“Can I help you?” the guy at the front asked. It was pretty fancy. At least as fancy as a tattoo parlor can get.

“Donnez-nous une minute?” Ryan asked and the guy just nodded.

“Ryan!” I scolded. “Let’s go!”

“No. We’re getting tattoos,” he said.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Wimp.”

“No.”

“Fine, I’ll let you choose what I get printed on me if you let me choose what to get printed on you.”

“What the fuck? How do I know you’re not gonna mess with me?!”

“I’m not an idiot,” he mumbled. I bit my lip. “Come on. Live a little!”

“I almost got raped twice, climbed down from the second floor of the mansion, climbed over a 10 foot wall, got on a death machine and fell asleep in a garden. I think I’ve lived enough for the year.”

“We’re in Paris, Hazelyn.”

“I’ve been here countless of times,” I shrugged.

“Come on. Please? Let this be a birthday gift?” he frowned.

“I already gave you two!” I crossed my arms.

“For me?” he pleaded.

I looked at him, and frowned. “Fine,” I eventually gave in.

He smiled widely and went over to the guy up front. “She’ll be choosing my print, and I’ll be choosing hers,” he said to the guy. “This is gonna be a surprise, ok?” he asked me. I shook my head and sighed, asking myself why I agreed. The guy handed us both pieces of papers to write down where and what we were gonna get printed.

I gave the paper back to the man the same time as Ryan. He smirked at me and his eyes lit up along with his smile. “You have that evil glint in your eyes,” I said worriedly.

“You’ll love it,” he smiled at me and hugged me around the waist, kissing my temple. I was starting to sink into him until I remembered Samantha. I stepped out of his grip, and he looked at me weird.

“Who’s first?” the guy asked. I looked at Ryan and smiled.

“Him,” I said to the guy. He nodded and led us to the back room.

“Where are you putting this, Hazelyn?” he asked me.

The guy walked out, saying that the tattoo artist was coming.

“Your hip,” a girl with a French accent said.

“You’re crazy,” he told me.

I grinned at him and the girl told him to expose the area to be tatted on. I forbade him to look at the work that was been done, so I distracted him the entire time.

“How the fuck do you bear with this?” he asked, his face contorted with pain.

“Your idea,” I laughed and squeezed his hand that was entwined with mine.

“Flip over and take off your shirt,” the girl said to Ryan.

“What is she talking about, Hazelyn?” Ryan asked me.

“Just do it,” I laughed.

“I said just one!” he argued.

“They compliment each other! Trust me!” I laughed as I told the woman to cover his hip tattoo that was on his v-cut and he flipped over on his side as the woman continued.

“You are such a bitch,” he mumbled and glared at me. I just kissed his forehead and grinned at him.

“Fuck. Finally,” he groaned and stood up, pulling his shirt down to cover his two new tattoos. “Your turn,” he grinned evilly.

“Should I be worried?” I asked him.

“Not at all,” he smiled at me.

“Take off your shirt and lay on your side,” the woman said to me with a smile. “Don’t worry, it’s actually really nice,” she assured me. I huffed and did as told.

“You just want to see me with my shirt off,” I told Ryan and the woman started to work on a tattoo on my right rib. I bit my lip from the pain. Just because I had a couple tattoos, doesn’t mean I was used to the pain.

“You okay, beautiful?” Ryan leaned over to me, and cupped my cheek in his hand.

“As okay as someone being pierced with a needle can ever be,” I laughed.

“How long have you two been together?” the girl casually asked.

“Oh we’re -,” I was about to reply, but Ryan beat me to it.

“Two years,” he said.

“Is this an anniversary trip?” she asked, keeping her eyes on her work.

“Yeah,” Ryan said again. I rolled my eyes at him, irritated that he would pull something like this again. I kept quiet and didn’t talk the rest of the time. I did though, probably stop the circulation in Ryan’s hands.

~/~/~/~/~


“Can I please, please take a peek?” I pleaded with him.

“Nope,” he grinned.

“When can I look at it?” I frowned.

“When you shower tonight,” he laughed. “It’s only fair because you gave me two. Two fucking tats Haze. Two,” he frowned.

I chuckled at him, and hugged him around the neck. “I’m sowwy babyboo. How can I make it up to you?” I batted my eyelashes.

He looked at me, then back at his shoes, then rubbed the back of his neck. “I uhm.. Remember when I told you I’d confess to her?” he asked me.

“Uhuh..,” my mood instantly dropped. I don’t think I like where this is going.

“Well, I was gonna do it tonight,” he said looking up at me. “And I need your help.”

Aw shit. This is what I get for being the bestfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
teeeheeee. you won't find out what the tattoo is until the sequel.

YES. SEQUEL! :D I will be rewriting the sequels too.

TWO MORE CHAPTERS. haha

ooh and this second time around, I've gotten 315 subs?! BLAAAAH. Thanks for the support guys!