‹ Prequel: 16 And 24
Status: Completed (:

You Can't Save Me Now

Nineteen

“Now, you be a good boy for Uncle Rob, Aidan,” Shayna said softly to her son, kneeling down so she was on her knees she pulled him into a big hug. Groaning, Aidan squirmed around in his mothers arms before she let him go. Giving a playful glare to his mother, Aidan kissed her cheek before grabbing his Power Rangers over night bag.

“Mommy, I’ll be fine. Don’t have a cow,” he replied, grinning over at his father who in returned smirked before ruffling Aidan’s hair.

“Do ask Uncle Rob says; no back talk, mister,” Max added in before he too grabbed his son in a hug and kiss.

“What is this kiss Aidan day! Jeez, I hope Uncle Robby isn’t in this mood too or I might as well stay home,” Aidan said as she wiped the invisible cooties from his cheeks. Hearing what Aidan said, Rob came out of the kitchen laughing while holding a bowl of popcorn.

“Don’t worry, bud. I’m not,” Rob said before grabbing Aidan’s over night bag and walking over to the guest room and tossing it in.

“Well, I guess we should get going…” Shayna trailed off, linking fingers with Max she gave Aidan one more glance before continuing, “If you need anything Aidan be sure to call us, Alright?”

Bouncing over to the couch where Rob sat with the tub of popcorn, Aidan nodded his head before waving excitedly. “I’ll see you tomorrow Mommy, bye!”

Scene Change:

“Well, I think this is our first time alone since…ever,” Max said as he unlocked the front door of his and Shay’s house. Smiling softly, Shayna tightened her grip on his hand.

“I know, it feels weird not having Aidan running around,” she said as she walked into the house. A white shipping bag hung loosely around her wrist. The logo of Blockbusters, a well known rental movie store, was shown on the bag as she set it down on the kitchen table.

“I’ll get the snacks while you do what ever you need to do,” Max said before hurrying off into the kitchen. Shrugging her shoulders, Shayna quickly made her way to her shared bedroom with Max and changed out of her clothes into something more comfy: sweatpants and one of Max’s old tee-shirts.

“Max, can you make my some chocolate milk?” Shayna questioned as she came out of the bedroom and sat cross-legged on the couch. When the microwave beeped signaling the popcorn was done, Max’s head popped out from behind the fridge door.

“Could you get that while I make your drink?” he asked before diving back into the fridge.

Getting up off the couch, Shayna replied with an “Okay.” before going into the kitchen and grabbing the popcorn bowl. Opening the microwave, she shook the bag before emptying it into the bowl. With a sigh of contentment, Shayna grabbed that and the movies before heading back into the living room. Setting the bowl and movies onto the coffee table, Shayna took out the three movies they rented that night.

“What movie do you want to watch first?” she questioned once she saw Max come into the room with his coke and her chocolate milk.

“Um, how ‘bout Hot Tub Time Machine?” he answered unsurely. Nodding her head, Shayna got off of the couch and popped it into the DVD player before settling herself closer to Max. Max brought his arm that was laying idly by his side to around her shoulders. Cuddling into his side, Shayna reached for a piece of popcorn.

As the beginning credits rolled across the screen, Max leaned in close to her ear before saying, “I love you so much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and Simple(:
They needed a cute moment :D