Status: Slowly but surely :D

Last Flight Home

Cause You Left Me Police Taped, Chalk Line, Tequila Shot in the Dark Scene of the Crime

Well it wasn't broken. It was fractured. It hurt like hell and it was just a fracture. I was referring to my hand but my heart could be described the same way. I was sick of the nonsense that these boys were putting me through. However, they were my best friends and you know what they say, you hurt the one's you love. If thats the case then I must be fucking adored in their hearts.

Alex and I went straight to the hospital after the whole incident and the doc said that I would be stuck in this wrap/cast contraption for about a month. It was a fractured wrist at that. If it wasn't for my lack of balance I wouldn't be in this mess, but was I the one to blame? I wasn't even going to contemplate whose fault it was, it was just something that happened and it was being dealt with. Even though physically things were being fixed up, there still were the emotional parts that were broken and had to be wrapped up. Great…

After the hospital, Alex and I returned to his parents house in silence. Alex had barely said a word to me the entire day. I couldn't even imagine how he was feeling right now. I mean him finding his girlfriend with a fractured wrist while messing around with his best friend or her ex-boyfriend or lover or… whatever the hell Jack was. I wanted to straighten things out between him, Jack, and I. It seemed like every time things were going perfect, it just seemed to fade away. I guess this meant we were back to square one. No moving in together or anything that I had hoped for with Alex.

Alex guided me to the couch and helped me sit down. I chuckled slightly to hopefully lighten the mood and said, "I'm not paralyzed here. I just have a fractured wrist."

"With the way things are going, I hope you don't end up paralyzed." Alex stated and grabbed me a few pillows to prop my arm up.

"Okay Alex we need to talk," I demanded, "you are not going to mope around all day because of what happened."

I pulled Alex to the couch with my free arm and looked him straight in the eye, "Now, what do you think happened?"

Alex shifted his eyes and bit his lip before answering, "You and Jack are perfect for each other and I get that. I'm not mad at you. I'm still your Alex but the Alex that is going to stay out of your way. I'm sorry that I was being selfish and keeping you from what you really wanted."

"No Alex," I sighed and kept quiet for a moment. I couldn't believe that I was actually going to do this but here goes nothing, "You've got it all wrong. Jack came over to see you to know if you wanted to go golfing or something. He came up to your room and knocked on the door. When I was walking over to open the door, I tripped over your guitar and yelled in pain. Jack barged in and tried to come to my rescue and thats when you came in. If there is anyone that you should be upset with, its me for tripping over your guitar."

Alex looked down at his hands in wonder. He kept his mouth shut and bit his lip like he always did when he got nervous or proved wrong. I took my free hand and pulled his chin up softly, "Alex you don't have to worry. Don't blame this on anyone but me."

"I'm not blaming you. Its something that just happened and I'm glad its straightened out," Alex smiled coyly.

I smiled back, but on the inside I was frowning. I had just lied to my boyfriend. I lied to keep things under control. Sometimes the truth hurts and I wanted to keep him away from that hurt. However, that didn't make it right.

"Alex you know that I love you and I wouldn't do anything to harm you," I explained, "You're the one that I want to have forever and nothing will change that."

"I want to have you forever too," Alex mocked, "How many times do I have to say that you're my girl?"

I giggled with my flushed cheeks spreading, "And you're my boy."

Alex leaned in and kissed me sweetly. His lips were just as perfect as always. Before anything could get anymore steamy, Alex pushed away and said with excitement, "Okay, I'm going to make you something to eat. I can make peanut butter and banana sandwiches and peanut butter and banana sandwiches oh and peanut butter and banana sandwiches."

I laughed, "I'll go with the peanut butter and banana sandwiches."

"I can do that," Alex replied before running out of the living room. He can back in a flashed and told me, "Well I'm going to have to run out to the store to get a few things. We're out of peanut butter… and bananas……. and bread."

I rolled my eyes happily, "Well go on. I'll be fine here."

"I'll be back before you can say peanut butter and banana sandwiches," Alex dashed to me and pecked me on the lips before rushing out.

I sat in the living room quietly for a moment before reaching for the remote and turning on the television to surf the channels. Nothing was on of course so the local news would suffice.

Minutes passed and I heard the front door opened. I was nervous to get up because the last time I did that, hell broke lose.

"Hello," I called out waiting for a reply. It was silent for a second and then he showed up. His tall and lanky body hovered over me with his gorgeous brown eyes and adorable smile pounding on my heart. He sat down next to me and he was the one to break the silence.

"I came to see if you were okay," Jack confessed, "It seems like you're not."

"How did you get in here?" I protested knowing that Alex locked the door.

"You're not the only one who knows this house like the back of your hand," Jack smirked pulling out a key from his pocket, "it was taped behind the mailbox."

Great, no matter if I wanted to get away from someone like him, this place was not an option.

"Jack I think you should go," I admitted waiting for him to get up.

"I want to apologize for my actions this morning," Jack became serious, "I'm sorry for what I did to you and it was so immature of myself. I was alone on the bus and I got depressed for one of the first times in my life because I thought I had no one. So, the vodka called my name and one cup led to the next and then to the next four cups… I just came to the one place that I knew that I could feel safe. Sometimes when I get drunk, I tend to do things that I never got the chance to or wanted to…"

Was he implying what I think he was implying? Did he want to sleep with me or was that just the vodka talking?

"Uh I know what you mean… I think," I guessed, "but Jack, I'm not mad at you. Its just something that happened and unfortunately, it was something that didn't turn out well. I forgive you Jack."

"Things are just going to change now between us," Jack nodded his head.

"Jack things are always going to change no matter what we do. Good or bad but it happens for a reason. Don't let this ruin our friendship. People make mistakes and its okay to make mistakes, but you have to learn from them."

"Yeah I guess you're right," Jack coughed. I felt like I was talking to a three year old.

"Just know that I'm here for you and when you need help or feeling alone no matter if its three in the morning, I'm your gal," I confirmed with a smile.

"Same to you babe," Jack said in a funny voice. I rolled my eyes and he carefully gave me a bear hug. I kissed his forehead before telling him that he better go before Alex returns. Jack agreed and left me without hesitation, even though I wanted him to stay with me but that would only make matters worse if Alex saw us together.

I waited patiently on the couch for my man to return and thought about everything that has happened. Its been one hell of a ride and I have a feeling its not going to end anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Things are cleared up... for now haha. We'll see what will happen in the near future.

Thanks so much to all of you supportive readers/subscribers/commenters. I utterly appreciate it. I love hearing from all of you and continue to do so. All of you readers that are hiding, I want to hear from you! Comments = update! Thanks again and as always, comment!