With This Gun.

Chapter 13.

Time at this point seemed like it was disgusted with me. It moved slowly. Every time I glanced at a clock, only a short amount had gone by, when it seemed like an eternity. Keeping busy didn’t work so much anymore. The speed I was able to move around with kept me from wasting time like I needed.

I hadn’t made contact with anyone else. I didn’t want to harm them like I knew I would. I kept to myself and when I needed to talk, I just replied to peoples’ thoughts. This seemed to work for a little while.

I paid no attention to what I was doing or where I would wander. I was more in a trance, so interested in what people were thinking about and why. I left my mind to wander and it hardly ever came back to me.

My afterlife didn’t seem so important anymore. Humans now fascinated me, so much more now that I wasn’t one anymore. The simplicity of their minds and how problems they were facing seemed so complex, when the answer was right in front of them.

Oh how much I wished I were still human. I craved to live like that again. Before I’d never taken things for granted, but now I’d know not to complain about them. I wanted nothing more than to feel the taste of food in my mouth, to feel the warm sun against my skin.

I envied every single one of them. They didn’t know how great they got it. To feel like that would make me the happiest thing in the world. And they waste it all! Disgusting! I clenched my teeth as some of the rich ones went up to their fathers and begged for something. I always had to work for what I got.

Seeing some of them made me feel a bit better about not being human. I would never want to be so stuck up like them. Though greatly wanting it, there were parts I’d rather give up. Being a vampire wasn’t that bad. The increased hearing, the quietness, and I can’t complain about being able to read peoples’ minds.

I carefully watched them, envied them. My jealousy would soon get the best of me. Every time a couple passed by, I couldn’t believe the connection between them. But oh, what I would give to be in love, nothing could compare to that, the look in their eyes, the smiles on their faces, oh how I wanted it. All of it.