Status: Completed.

Drive Fast Until We Crash

Twenty-Seven.

Time flew by until mid-June. Not only did Jack and I have to build our relationship back up again, but we had final exams too. Music theory, music practice, art and art history, Math, English Literature, Phys Ed, chemistry and French were the ones I had to take, and I really hope that I did well. I mean, sure I didn’t plan on ever going to college, but I wanted to prove to the snotty teachers at school that I didn’t have to have a lot of money to be smart. The few weeks that we had to revise for was hell. Jack and I made a pact not to study together because we knew we’d only get distracted (well, who wouldn’t be distracted by Jack’s sexiness?) so now that the exams are over I plan to spend my entire summer with him!

Today’s Jack’s birthday, the 18th June, and today he’s actually moving into a new house with his mom. She didn’t want to live in the house that she’d shared with Hugo, so Martin’s dad let her rent one of his penthouse suites until they found a suitable new home. And Emilia found one, so all of us are helping move stuff in. Well, the quicker we help Jack finish moving, the quicker we can celebrate his birthday.

“Baby, where do you want this?” I grunted, peeking around the side of the heavy box I was carrying.

“Uh, that’s CDs…so under the window?” Jack suggested.

I just nodded and put the box down there. Fuck, that was ridiculous! How many CDs does he own?!

“You know, you could’ve asked for help, right?” Jack mused, hanging the last part of his curtains.

“And look like a wimp when Zack’s carrying two at a time?” I pouted, jabbing my thumb in our muscled friend’s direction.

“Zack’s just a show off,” Jack grinned.

“I heard that!” Zack called over his shoulder on his way back out Jack’s new bedroom.

Jack and I burst into laughter, only quieting when Jack slid his arms around my waist.

“I’m glad you’re here right now, Lex,” Jack said softly, a serious look in his eyes.

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“Like, I’m glad you still want to spend time with me, still want to be with me even after everything that happened with Hugo,” Jack sighed, rubbing shapes with his thumbs into the small of my back.

“You know that I don’t care what Hugo did. I love you, and you know that,” I insisted, resting my hands on his chest.

“And I love you. I just don’t know what I’d be doing right now if I didn’t have you in my life,” Jack said simply.

“Well lucky for you, you don’t have to worry about that. And we have until graduation not to care about anything but us and our friends,” I said happily.

“Now that is true,” Jack purred.

I giggled as he ducked his head and firmly pressed his lips to mine. I kissed him back eagerly, of course, my fingers knotting in his hair as I molded my body as close to his as I could. He held me tightly, as if he never would get to again, only making me whimper as our tongues clashed. I don’t know why he’s worrying – I’m not going anywhere, and that’s a fact.

“Woah, save breaking in the bed for later!” Rian teased.

I broke away from Jack, blushing deeply at the sight of Rian covering Paul’s eyes, the rest of our friends behind them.

“We weren’t even on the bed yet,” Jack grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I giggled and pecked his lips before taking one of Zack’s boxes. Show off.

“That’s $20, babe,” Zack grinned at Martin.

“You two just couldn’t wait till we were gone, could you?” Martin muttered, pulling his wallet out.

We laughed at the fact that Martin still bothered to make bets with his boyfriend, even though Zack always wins. Only a few hours later, Jack’s mom called us all downstairs for pizza, so we piled into the newly-furnished living room, getting comfy on the expensive sofas. Seeing as there are 8 of us, I sat on Jack’s lap, happy to curl up against him as the food was passed out.

“So baby Jack’s finally 18!” Mike cheered, everyone else cheering with him.

“What do you plan to do tonight?” William asked, taking a large bite of his slice.

“I don’t know. I guess I just want to spend the night in with you guys,” Jack shrugged.

“What? Lame,” Zack teased.

“I don’t want to make a big deal out of it. As long as I have you lot around me, I don’t care. I’m happy as we are right now,” Jack said with a smile.

“You, my friend, are far too sober,” Martin said seriously.

“He’s got a point babe. Get wasted – it’s your birthday,” I grinned.

“Yeah, we all know Jack’s hornier when he’s drunk. You might get to see his freaky side,” Paul smirked, wriggling his eyebrows.

I blushed deeply and buried my face in Jack’s neck, unable to help myself from smiling at Jack’s rumbling laughter along with everyone else’s. It was then that I realized, as little as I know will be certain in my future, I know for sure that I will always have my friends. I know for sure that I’ll always have Jack. And as long as I have them, I don’t need anything or anyone else. When William pulled out a few bottles of Jack Daniels from his bag and passed them out, we all cheered, taking swigs as they reached us.

“To the future!” Martin cheered, us all repeating him.

“To us,” Jack whispered in my ear, kissing it gently.

I looked up at him, smiling.

“To us,”

And I meant it.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

Yes, this is the end, a few chapter earlier than I'd originally planned, because I felt that the story didn't need any more unnecessary chapters. The big drama had happened, and I didn't want an anti-climax.
So this really is the end.
I want to thank you all for your support because I really have loved writing this story. I do have a couple more All Time Low slashes planned for the future (aka in a couple of months time), so please check back for them =]
And check out my new original slash, which is now up and running.

Please comment your final thoughts on this story!
Here's a big thank you to everyone that commented:
Revengefulvampire
Forever Young
Danny Worsnop
Running from lions
Beanie94
Tq6776
Trishapocalypse
Hatsu-kouen2143
Bull
TheWorldIsUgly
Reemmeeyy
Holly.is.awkward
xXDark_AngelXx
Supersonicskyline
HeyJAYhey
ColourMeChelsea!
MeBeManda?
Killer_Cupcake!
RawrItsEllie
Vlamo
CeraRachel
Ylimexemily
Oceanwalks
Happyamanda
Lizziemcgenius
Dinosaursgorawr
In A City Of Fools
ElectricalEars
Hipocrocapig
Kaybeanna
Vod Kanockers
Orange me
Kiinem
Shutter;
GlitterNinja
Menile
Daisy22
O.o?
IntentToStartAFire
Sucks For You