Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

Threatened

Before the bell rang, Ruby received a text message from Dalton. He wanted to see her after school. She thought he wouldn’t come because that’s what he told her yesterday. She texted back to meet her at the same place as always. She closed her phone and pretended to be paying attention to the teacher.

The bell rang, and she packed her things.

“Wanna hang out until it’s time to go to detention?” he asked with a smirk on his lips.

She returned it. “Sorry, I have to meet Dalton right now.”

His smirk immediately dropped. He licked his lips and cleared his throat.

“He’s bad for you, Ruby,” Emmett muttered.

She sighed. “If I had a nickel every time I heard that from Tobi, I’d be a freaking millionaire, Emmett.”

She turned to leave, but he followed her.

“Then if she tells you it’s bad, why are you still with him?”

“Didn’t I mention sex is great?” she asked. “Plus, he gets me what I need.”

“I can give you more… something better,” he stopped her by getting in front of her. “And I’d give it to you even if we didn’t have sex.”

“Honestly, Emmett, just back off, I like Dalton, okay?” she walked around him and went to the parking lot.

Dalton was out of his car and leaning against the passenger door with his arms crossed across his chest. He wore that leather jacket she liked with the tank top that showed off his toned chest. He looked sharp, and he was high. She could tell by his droopy eyes.

She smiled for him. He opened his arms, and she walked into it. He placed his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

“I missed you,” he whispered into her hair.

“Yeah…,” she didn’t say it back, “I thought you were going to be gone.”

“I am, but it got backed up for an hour, and I got the chance to see you before leaving,” he smirked as he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

She yelped when he began to suck on her neck. She pushed him away like last time.

“I said no damn hickeys, Dalton,” she rubbed her neck with her hand to wipe off his saliva. He moved her so her back was against the car and trapped her with his body.

Emmett, from a distance, almost broke into a sprint to help her, but Edward and Jasper stopped him.

“He’s not going to hurt her,” Alice chimed in. “He’s just… well, you know… I’m gonna go tell Tobi about the sleepover.”

Alice ignored Jasper’s small growl and skipped her way to Tobi, whom was throwing death daggers at Ruby and Dalton that were in a heavy make out session. Edward had a very hard time ignoring Dalton’s disgusting thoughts. He really was an insatiable man.

Ruby pulled away from the kiss. Her lips swollen and her breathing ragged. He really did know how to kiss her.

“I have to go,” she said, breathless.

“Skip today,” he grinded his body against hers. “I want you all to myself.”

She laughed. “I wish I could,” she lied, she really wanted to talk to Emmett again. “But I can’t, Dalton, I don’t want anymore detention.”

“You’re right.”

“I have to go say goodbye to Tobi,” she moved away from before he could say anything.

Ruby reached Tobi and smiled at her best friend.

“Nice to see you again, animal,” Dalton taunted. Ruby looked up at him curious as to the name, but before she could ask Dalton took a step forward, “Have you been down to La Push lately?”

Ruby saw Tobi bit her bottom lip, a thing she did when she was trying not to cry.

Again, before she could ask Dalton what he meant, he spoke again.

“I’ll see you later, babe,” he dipped down and kissed her. He shoved his tongue inside of her mouth. She wouldn’t have minded if Tobi hadn’t been there.

Just before Tobi drove off, Ruby told her goodbye and Tobi left.

Dalton wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her ass to his package.

“Why don’t we go to my car? You still have five minutes, I can do a lot in five minutes,” he pulled her earlobe between his teeth.

“I can’t, I have to go,” she pulled away from him. She pecked his cheek and ran off. She didn’t stop until she was inside of the building. She was relieved to see that Dalton walked back to his car and drove off, sure he was pissed, but that was out of her mind.

She headed to the detention.

It was still just her, Emmett, and Robert. In record time, Robert fell asleep just five minutes after detention began.

“I think you need to stop displaying so much love for each other,” Emmett spat with venom.

Ruby raised a single eyebrow. “What?”

“You and… that… that douche bag! Have some consideration for the others?”

“Others?”

“Yeah!”

“Emmett…Why would I stop making out with my hot boyfriend?” she asked him.

Because it’s driving me insane seeing you with him! he thought furiously.

“Change of subject,” he said and smiled. “Alice is doing a sleepover with Bella, and has invited Tobi. Would you like to come? It’s this weekend.”

“You’re inviting me?” she pointed to herself.

“Yes.”

“I don’t get along with Alice.”

“You will once you get to know her,” he grinned. “She’s very hard not to like.”

“I don’t know… if Tobi goes, then I’ll go.”

His grin widened. “Good. I can’t wait to see what kind of pajamas you sleep on.”

She smirked. “Who says I wear anything?”

His eyes quickly darkened with lust. She noticed.

“What the hell is wrong with your eyes?” she muttered.

Emmett looked away and rubbed his eyes and tried to calm himself down.

“Sorry…” he said.

“It’s okay… it was just… weird.”

The detention session went along smoothly. He made her laugh until she felt like dropping on the floor. She was surprise Robert did no wake up. His comments about her appearance made her feel beautiful. He didn’t comment on how good her boobs looked. He told her he liked her smile, her laugh, and the way her eyes twinkled when she meant her smile.

Her guard was down.

Emmett had completely obliterated her wall. The wall she put up so long ago, he took it down in just a few short days. Two and a half to be exact. How he did that was beyond her.

He exactly what to say.

Robert woke up just on time to let them go.

Again he offered her a ride, and this time she accepted it. The ride consisted of a fight of what radio station to leave it on. He argued that because he was the driver he got to choose, but she told him she was the guest and it was his job to let her do what she wanted. He did. He let her leave the station and listen to Beck ‘Loser’.

“Soy un perdedor, I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?” she sang along.

Emmett stopped in front of her house. It was empty. He didn’t hear anyone inside of it.

“Oh, they must’ve gone to get their stash reloaded,” she sighed as she got her bag and opened the door.

Emmett got out of the Range Rover and walked her to the porch of the house. His nose crinkled up as the horrible smells hit him. He recovered before Ruby turned to him.

“Well, thanks for the ride,” she smiled.

“No problem, so you’re coming to the sleepover, right?”

She nodded. “I am, you know, if Tobi goes.”

“Are you two attached by the hip?” he chuckled.

“Hey, if you want this,” she gestured to herself, “you get that too,” she jabbed her thumb to the house next to hers. “We’re like conjoint twins.”

He laughed whole heartedly.

“I get it, okay,” he said as he brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

The skin contact made her jump, but not because it was cold or because if felt like marble, but because when he touched her, she felt her whole nerves turn on fire. Suddenly, she wanted more of his skin on her to feel that alive again.

Emmett almost moved down to kiss her, but he knew he didn’t have that much control over his bloodlust yet. If he kissed her, he would never want to stop. Edward has told him how hard it is for him with Bella.

Emmett settled for kissing her forehead.

Ruby never felt more at peace in her whole life. He brought her peace.

“G’night, see you tomorrow,” he gave her that dimple smile.

“Night,” she muttered and watched him walk to his Range Rover and drive away.

She was looking through her bag for her keys when she was pushed against the wall of her house very roughly.

She looked up and saw a very pissed of Dalton.

The anger radiating off of him was scary.

“Are. You. Fucking. Him?” he questioned very slowly so she could understand.

“What?” she asked, baffled.

He took her by the shoulders and pushed her against the wall again so hard her head bounced off.

She was about to cry out in pain when he covered her mouth with his hand. She bit down into it. He growled and pulled out his hand. She kneed him easily and he doubled over in pain.

“Don’t you ever put your hands on me! We’re through, Dalton!” she yelled at him. She got her keys from her bag and opened her door.

She tried to close it, but his foot blocked the way.

“You don’t leave me!” he growled at her. “I own you!”

“Go to hell!” she yelled as she struggled to close it.

He moved and she thought he gave up, but he only moved back to run his shoulder into the door. She lost control and she fell back on her ass from the force of the impact. He walked inside of the house and closed the door behind.

She was about to kick him in the shins again, but he caught her ankle. She tried it with her other foot, but he caught it too.

He moved them aside roughly.

He picked her up by her hair. She refused to cry out in pain or sob. She would not give him that pleasure. But she couldn’t pretend it didn’t hurt when he drew back his fist and hit her on the face. She hit the floor and she whimpered.

He pulled out a gun from behind him. He removed the safety and pointed it at a very pissed off Ruby.

“I own you, Ruby, I get to do whatever the fuck I want with you, and right now… I want you to get your sweet ass up, we’re going to your bedroom and I’m going to fuck you until I get bored.”

And that’s how it went. He fucked her until he got bored, actually until he fell asleep.

Ruby never felt so disgusted by him. She needed help. Her first thought was Tobi. She got dressed quietly. With the weed he smoked, he was sure to be passed out for the next two hours.

She knocked on her door.

She only waited half a minute for her to answer.

Tobi’s face was surprised.

“What the fuck happened to you?” Tobi exclaimed.

Ruby shrugged, “I don’t want to talk about it,” she whispered as she tried to brush past Tobi to go inside, but Tobi stopped and her glared into her eyes.

“Who the fuck did this? Dalton?”

Ruby glared right back and shoved Tobi back roughly, not liking being manhandled for the second time that day and not liking her friend wanting to know everything about her, “Back the fuck off, okay? I don’t need this shit right now!”

“What shit?” Tobi asked, screaming back, “me caring about you?” –Tobi shook her head in disgust- “Well fine. I’m done trying! If you want me in your life, let me know!” –She stepped back and into her house- “bye.”

Ruby felt helpless.

Tobi was the one person she trusted she could turn to, but she just slammed the door on her face. Many emotions ran through her, but betrayal was stronger than any of them. She felt so betrayed.

She didn’t know where to go. Not to Emmett, she didn’t want him to see what her life style was like. He would be disgusted by her.

She only had one person, and he was inside of her bedroom passed out. With a horrible shudder, she went back to her house and into her bedroom.

Just in time too, Dalton woke up.

“Where did you go?” he asked.

“Bathroom,” she whispered.

He glared. “Get out of the clothes and get back here, I’m not done.”

“I have homew--”

His cold laugh cut her off. He pointed the gun at her again. “Get back in here, naked.”

She fought off tears as she stripped from her clothes and got back on the bed. His free hand went to her breasts immediately.

“You have amazing tits,” he said and devoured a nipple with his mouth.

Ruby failed at life because she actually liked what he did to her. She told herself it was only her body. And it was.

He was inside of her before she could think. She hated to admit that he was big. He was rough too, he pounded inside of her until he hit her cervix. That brought pain into the pleasure she was feeling.

She clawed his back.

“Always… so good!” He panted as he mercilessly had his way with her.

The next morning, he was still with her. He had his arm around her as he slept. She knew he had the gun under the pillow. She got out of the bed without waking him up. She got dressed in what clothes she could find and went to the bathroom.

The bruise under her eye could be hidden with make up, but she would have to wear sunglasses even though there wasn’t a ray of sunshine. She had hickeys all over her body, but especially on her neck. She didn’t care for those, she always had them.

But her busted lip would be hard to hide. She would just have to suck it up and keep her head down and pretend she had a headache. Her whole body had bruises of what Dalton did to her.

She got dressed in a less revealing way. Dalton told her he would wait for her outside to take her to school. He said he knew people who would tell her if she talked about anything, and if she talked to Emmett again he would punish her.

Ruby took a shower. The hot water helped her body muscles relax, but it didn’t help wash away the memories, the pain.

“Get the hell out!” her aunt banged on the door of the bathroom. “I have to pee!”

Ruby took her clothes to her room and changed there.

The drive to her school was slow. He dropped her off, but kissed her first and warned her yet again of what would happen if she told anyone.

She got out of the car and Dalton drove off. She was glad that the Cullen’s weren’t there yet, but she had to pass by Tobi.

Ruby tried to walk by her like nothing, but Tobi got in the way.

“Why are you still with the jerk?!” Tobi hissed. “Look at what he did to you!”

Ruby wished she didn’t have to wear the glasses, so Tobi could see just how pissed off she was.

“Him?! What about you? I came to you for help, all you had to do was let me in, but you slammed the door in my face!”

Tobi swallowed hard, she could see the hickeys all over Ruby’s neck. She wondered what other bruises she had. “I didn’t mean to, I was mad bec--”

“It doesn’t matter! I would’ve never done that, Tobi, I trusted you! I thought… I could come to you for anything, but you turned your back on me, and so I’m turning my back on you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby

Thank you all for your support, we love to hear how much you like it.