Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

Angelic

Image

“You’re the best, Alice,” Ruby chuckled as she touched her face. Tobi stood behind Ruby and smiled at how pretty her friend was. She wanted to squeal like a proud mother, but she knew that would just end up making her look eager for her make-over and that was the last thing Tobi wanted.

Speaking of make-over…

“I know,” Alice perked. “Now, it’s Tobi’s turn, when you’re done getting dressed, you can go downstairs, Emmett is just dying to see you.” When Alice finished talking to Ruby, she grabbed Tobi’s arm firmly but gently and pulled her over to the bathroom where a large amount of hair care products were laid out. She turned and looked up at Tobi with a large smile, “How do you feel about having your hair trimmed?”

Tobi’s eyes widened and she shook her head, “I’m kind of attached to my hair at the moment. Can’t you…curl it or something?”

Alice rolled her eyes and pushed Tobi onto a small seat, “Just trust me with your hair, the curls will come later.” When Alice picked up the scissors Tobi closed her eyes tightly and waited for the torture to finish. Just the thought of her being even a little girly made Tobi cringe and shudder. After several seconds, Alice giggled happily and Tobi opened her eyes to look into the mirror. “Tell me what you think,” Alice said wistfully.

If she were standing, Tobi’s legs would have weakened. In front of her was a girl with a tamed, asymmetrical bob. She was at a loss for words, but she was in too much shock to even know what emotion she was feeling. Tobi nodded, causing Alice to cheer a bit, and watched in utter amazement as Alice turned her into someone beautiful. Once Alice was done with her hair –which was now curled to perfection- she moved onto Tobi’s make-up.

Needless to say, Tobi ended up almost crying when she was looking at herself in the mirror. Alice glared at her from the side, which prevented Tobi from actually showing anything other than pure joy. She looked down at Alice and pulled her into a tight hug. Never in Tobi’s life had she felt so gorgeous, and when she saw herself in the mirror she was just too happy.

“I know, you’re beautiful,” Alice sighed, but she also held a hint of happiness, “now get dressed and get downstairs before Jasper dies of anxiety. I bet he’s shaking at just the thought of you all dressed up for him.”

“This is for Jasper?” Tobi asked, shaking her head and pulling away to look at her pixie friend, “trust me Alice, even looking like this he won’t be interested in me. Maybe as a friend, but as nothing more.”

Alice’s eyes narrowed, “I’m going to pinch you every time you talk yourself down, now go get dressed and stop talking like you're worthless.”

Tobi did as she was told and with the help of a fully dressed Rosalie. Her dress resembled a tutu, which made everything a bit easier. When she looked at herself in the full length mirror, her face heated up and she bit her lip to stay calm. Tobi thought she was beautiful, “Wow.” She breathed, looking at herself at different angles.

“You’re going to make him drool,” Rosalie whispered, walking beside Tobi and actually smiling at her. When Tobi looked into Rosalie’s eyes, the older girl put her hand on Tobi’s shoulder and nodded in encouragement, “Trust me, please, Jasper feels more for you than you’ll ever know.”

As she walked down the stairs, Tobi felt over a half a dozen pair of eyes on her. She felt like a celebrity, but when she looked into Jasper’s eyes she felt like a queen. Her teeth left her bottom lip and smiled widely, showing her perfect teeth and her true happiness. When Jasper’s hand captured hers toward the last steps, he pulled his lips to her ear and stopped his breathing.

“You look like an angel.”

“Thank-you,” Tobi breathed, blushing uncontrollably and even more as Jasper placed his arm on the small of her back. He led her to the dance floor and pulled her body close to his as he started moving. As they danced slowly, they gazed into each other’s eyes and couldn’t pull away. It was as if everything and everyone were just a part of a different world and only those two mattered to each other. Tobi noted that Jasper’s eyes grew darker very slowly, but didn’t think anything of it.

Their heads moved closer together, Tobi’s heart was racing, and just as their lips brushed against each other’s everything stopped. Tension was clear and they were forced back into reality. Jasper looked passed Tobi’s shoulder and Tobi followed his gaze just in time to see Ruby shaking her head and backing away from Emmett.

Tobi pushed her body away from Jasper and stepped toward Ruby cautiously, “Ruby?”

“I can’t…” Ruby gasped like she was unable to breathe.

“Ruby, calm down,” Tobi touched her shoulder, but Ruby got away from her too. Tobi knew what was going on in Ruby’s head. Ruby was shutting off because Emmett had gotten too close to her heart. She cussed lowly under her breath and tried to get Ruby to calm down, but Ruby was too lost in what had happened.

“It’s… too much… I didn’t expect to… I shouldn’t have…” Within seconds Ruby was rushing out of the Cullen home with Emmett on her heels. Tobi made a move to follow the two, but Jasper caught her arm and brought her back against his torso. He leaned his mouth closer to her ear and kissed it gently.

“Give them some privacy.”

“But Ruby…”Tobi breathed out, but couldn’t finish because the feeling of Jasper’s cold fingers through her dress. She leaned into his body and closed her eyes, allowing herself to feel the touched she dreamed about so many times.

“Tobi,” Jasper whispered

“Hmm?” her voice was distant, but for some reason she knew Jasper heard her

“Look at me.”

Tobi listened to his command and looked up into Jasper’s dark brown eyes. He pulled her closer, tighter, against him and leaned down to capture her lips. He had forgotten about the people in the room, but they made their way out in the end; giving the two the private dance room all to themselves. His lips molded against Tobi’s perfectly, but he kept it short and sweet because the moment he felt her soft puckers against his cold one’s her heart sped up.

When he pulled away, Jasper couldn’t help but grinning a bit when he felt how controlled he was of the situation. He expected that even just the slightly touch would set him off like it did last time. Tobi’s eyes were still closed as she basked in and savored the feeling. Seconds before she opened her eyes fully, Tobi’s teeth found their way to her bottom lip and her cheeks heated up.

Jasper tilted her chin so she was looking into his eyes and he whispered, “Did you I mention how angelic you look?”

“Only for tonight,” Tobi sighed out, knowing that as soon as she was back to normal everything would change and it would be as if they hadn’t kissed. Jasper was only dancing with her out of pity and kissing her because of how she looked.

“Always,” Jasper protested before pecking her forehead and swaying to the music that continued to play.

Tobi was in Heaven, and the only person she wanted to share that moment with was Jasper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! :)
The kiss; the sweet, short, but very spicy kiss!
I loved writing this chapter, my heart is beating really fast.

Click here for the dress