Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

A Good Girl With Bad Habits

Image

As soon as Tobi had her car door open, Jasper was helping her out and pulling her into an almost too tight embrace. It was welcome, and the moment Tobi felt his cold arms around her a large smile adorned her glowing features. Within seconds, she wrapped her arms around his firm waist. By his hold on her, Tobi knew he had been worried about her and the fact that she hadn’t answered any of his calls. It caused her heart to ache a bit because she caused the boy she was falling for to fret over her.

“You had me worried,” Jasper whispered, inhaling her sweet scent to make up for the lost moments together and all the time they spent apart, “I didn’t know what happened to you.”

“Je suis désolé,” (I’m sorry) Tobi muttered into his shoulder before pulling back and looking up into his eyes, “I didn’t have my phone with me and I just couldn’t bring myself from the water. I hadn’t been in such a long time.” This time, Tobi’s lie came out painful and she felt guilty as soon as the words left. She didn’t like lying to Jasper, but a secret was a secret and she promised Paul that she’d keep her lips sealed.

At the mention of the beach, two things happened: Jasper got a giant whiff of wet dog dictating Tobi’s once powerful scent and he noticed the human only wore a thin dress that barely covered her bikini bottoms. Thoughts of Tobi wet and barely covered plagued his thoughts until Tobi cleared her throat awkwardly. When Jasper looked back into her eyes, he noticed that she was blushing heavily from his hungry and heated gaze.

“Um, why don’t we go inside,” Tobi offered, “It’s only fair since I’ve been over to your house and met both your parents when you have yet to even look inside of my home.” When Jasper nodded, Tobi took his hand and lead the way.

Saline had peaked through her window when she heard Tobi’s voice outside, but decided to give her daughter privacy when she noticed a handsome young man embracing her. As much as the fairly young mother wanted to watch, she knew that Tobi would have had a small fit of embarrassment if she found out. As she looked over some paper work, she heard her front door and turned her head just in time to see her smiling daughter walk in with her fingers intertwined loosely with one of Dr. Cullen’s sons.

“It’s not a big as yours, but this is my house,” Tobi explained while looking around her house that looked like a shack compared to the Cullen home. When she turned her head to show Jasper the living room, Tobi locked eyes with her mom and her heart almost fell out of her ass. She didn’t know her mom was home, so seeing the blonde woman eyeing their hands didn’t sit well. “Maman, je ne savais pas que vous la maison! Que fais-tu ici?” (Mom, I didn’t know you were home! What are you doing here?)

“Je vis ici, et j'ai eu une journée de congé. Maintenant, au lieu d'interroger votre mère, dis-moi ce qui se passe avec ce jeune home.” (I live here, and I had the day off. Now, instead of questioning your mother, tell me what’s going on with this young man.) Saline stated, standing from the love seat and walking almost gracefully over to her child. She smiled down at Jasper and waited for Tobi to introduce the two.

Tobi blushed and looked from her boyfriend to her mom, “Jasper, this is Saline, my mom”- she looked over at her mom and motioned to Jasper with her free hand- “Mom, this is Jasper, my friend.”

“He’s not just a friend is he?” Saline teased, looking down at their hands once more, “when I was younger, when a boy held my hand like that we were considered much, much more.”

“In your days they wore chastity belts too, but we don’t now,” Tobi let slip, but then she realized how badly her mother would take it and she blushed once more. Shaking her head quickly, she narrowed her eyes at her mother for confused. When Saline showed nothing more than amusement and Jasper started chuckling beside her, Tobi looked down at her feet, “Let’s go upstairs.”

Saline watched her daughter jog up the stairs with Jasper behind her. Horrific, motherly horrific, thoughts of her child having sex crossed her mind and she couldn’t stop herself from yelling after them, “Don’t lock your door and stay away from the bed!”

Tobi stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down at her mom, “Mom!” Walking into a room was never more awkward for Tobi. She looked back at Jasper, who was closing her door, with apologetic eyes before burying her face in her hands, “I’m sorry, my mom’s just a bit out of whack and overprotective.”

Jasper smiled down at his girlfriend and pulled her body close to his, “Aren’t all moms?”

“Not yours,” Tobi pointed out while burying her face in his chest as a replacement, “Esme is so kind and rarely embarrasses you.”

“Remember when we were in my bedroom, and I was about to kiss you?”

Tobi nodded her head and looked up at Jasper with waiting eyes.

“She probably thought something more was going to happen,” Jasper explained, giving her the truth but not all of the truth, “but enough about mothers...”-he leaned down and captured Tobi’s lips in a short kiss- “we have to make up for lost time.”

As much as Tobi wanted to kiss Jasper and feel his arms around her waist, she knew it was wrong with because of the secret she was holding. She couldn’t take it after everything that happened with Ruby because of a secret, so she pulled away and walked to the center of her room with her back turned to Jasper.

He watched her with confusions in his orbs, and walked over to check what was wrong. He felt the guilt radiating off of her tall body, which caused him to worry more.

At the feeling of his hands around her waist, Tobi let out a choked, dry sob, “Jasper, I’m not as innocent as I try to be. I’m a good girl with bad habits,” –she turned to look up into his eyes and silently begged for forgiveness- “I’ve made so many enormous mistakes in the past few years; like smoking and flirting with pot heads just so they could get me a pack. I just want you to know the kind of person I am, or was, before our relationship can officially start.”

“What are you talking about, angel,” Jasper whispered, running his fingers through her hair, “smoking doesn’t make you a bad person. It’s a bad habit, as well as the way you obtain your cigarettes, but you’re still pure at heart.”

Tobi shook her head, “No, I’m not.” –She wanted to look away from his eyes, but she had to face the situation head on- “during my freshmen year, I kind of got drunk; I mean really, really drunk. I don’t remember everything, but I have some flashbacks as to what happened and when I woke up it was obvious what I did.”

“What are you talking about?” Jasper repeated, not liking the guilt, sadness, and regret coming toward him.

“I was at a party down in La Push, my first ‘major’ party, and I gave Paul and Mike a blow job.” She just let it out, and after telling Jasper she felt so much better. Her hands were still shaking, but her eyes were focused on his.

He held no obvious emotion, but within seconds hatred and anger darkened his golden gaze. Jasper turned away from Tobi so she wouldn’t see how angry he was and mistake it for anger at him. In all truth, Jasper wasn’t angry at Tobi at all; he was pleased she allowed herself to be unconditionally honest with him as he should have been with her. However, he was angry that his girlfriend, his singer, had been taken advantage of by a mutt and then a lousy excuse for a human boy.

“Jasper, I’m sorry,” Tobi’s eyes watered. She thought Jasper was angry at her, and she hated herself for not being able to stand up for herself and decline all the drinks she was offered, “I was young and stupid and I couldn’t stop myself.”

Jasper held up his hands for several long minutes before turning back around with calmer eyes and shaking his head at Tobi, “I’m not mad at you… I’m furious with them. They knew better than to take advantage of you.” He pulled Tobi back into his arms, he felt she belonged there and nowhere else, and kissed the top of her head. “Everyone makes mistakes.”

“You’re being too nice about this,” Tobi was relieved, but felt Jasper should have been more angry than he was showing. She knew he was angrier than he portrayed, but didn’t like how he held it in.

He didn’t say anything, he just looked down into her eyes and pulled her into a sweet, yet mind numbing kiss that caused all of Tobi’s worries to fade away. Her heart was beating fast and her blood rushed up to her cheeks, causing too much want and yearning for Jasper for him to continue. He pulled away, holding his breath, and smiled down at Tobi once more, “Have I told you, you were beautiful today?”

Tobi smiled and shook her head, “Are you going to do that every day?”

“You’re beautiful, always have been and always will be,” Jasper reminded before kissing her once more, “and you will be reminded until the end of forever.”

The kiss turned into one that would cause sleeping beauty or snow white to wake from their cursed coma’s with large smiles on their royal faces. Tobi pulled her body closer to Jaspers, who decided that just wasn’t close enough and he lifted her so that her legs wrapped around his waist. Smiling, Tobi pulled away and looked down into Jasper’s shining eyes, “You’re too perfect, you know that right?”

“Compared to an angel like you, I’m not even worthy of mention.”

Tobi began to say something, but her room door opened and Hannah walked in with Holden walking past. Just as Hannah let out a shocked sigh at the sight of Jasper, Holden tripped over his foot and went tumbling forward into the door in front of him. Slowly, Jasper let Tobi down but wrapped his arms around her waist as she asked, “What’s going on?”

Hannah was shocked that any human could be as beautiful as the boy her sister had been kissing. It surprised Hannah because, one, her sister had never had a boyfriend, and two, that her sister, as beautiful as she was, could actually get an amazing looking first boyfriend, “M-mom said t-thatt it’s time for dinner.” Her eyes never left Jasper and her cheeks were heating up, “is you boyfriend staying?”

Tobi looked up at Jasper, but he smiled apologetically, “Esme is very strict when it comes to family dinners. But, I’ll thank your mother for the offer.”

Tobi nodded and kissed Jasper one last time before watching him walk out of her room. Glancing toward her window, she locked eyes with Ruby who had a small, familiar look in her eyes. When the Range Rover drove off, Tobi giggled and shook her head, “If you guys had sex, I would have heard it and it would have ruined me and Jasper’s time.”

“Pu-lease!” Ruby joked, yelling just as loud as Tobi so the other would hear, “I’m sure it would have encouraged a little action on your part.”

“Get dressed; dinner’s about to start and then I’ll grill you about what was going on before bed.”

Within seconds, Ruby was closing her curtains and minutes later she was sprinting to Tobi’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Have we mentioned how amazing you guys are?!