Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

Your ***ing Nightmare

Image

Emmett had to take down a grizzly bear and two mountain lions to subside his thirst. He came so close to hurting her. The demon inside of him wanted to go back and finish her off, but the man inside of him fought the demon down.

He sat down on the dirty ground. He was furious with himself, he could still remember the fear in Ruby’s eyes. Her eyes told him she thought he was a monster, which is what exactly how he felt. Only a monster would hurt the person they loved.

Everything had gone so well, and just a drips of her blood had caused him to lose control. It had caused him to almost kill her.

He heard footsteps approach him. He looked up and saw Edward with Jasper.

“We’ve come to a decision,” Edward said.

Ruby watched as Carlisle fixed Bella up.

Ruby was trying to forget what had happened. She was scared of Emmett now, she never saw that side of him. She knew it wasn’t completely his fault, he was a vampire, and she was his singer, he couldn’t stop himself. It didn’t mean she wasn’t scared.

She wanted to wait for Emmett to let him know she had no hard feelings against him, but Carlisle said it would be best if she went home. Ruby wanted to go to the hospital, but it was too late for visits, she would have to go home with her aunt and uncle.

Esme was the one to drive her home.

Ruby kept checking her phone to check if Emmett had called.

“Honey, you have to give him time,” Esme said softly and all motherly-like.

“Could you let him know I’m not mad at him?” she asked.

Esme nodded her head. “Of course, don’t worry. I’m sure this little incident will be forgotten.”

“If he can, he can visit me at night, it doesn’t matter what time,” she said.

Esme stopped in front of Ruby’s home. She frowned when she hard some cursing inside of the house. She felt so bad for the living environment for Ruby.

“Are they your only family?” Esme asked her.

“The only ones that would take me in, yeah,” she said. “I don’t mind. I stay away from them and they stay away from me.”

“All right, then, good night Ruby.”

“Good night, Esme,” Ruby got out of the car and watched as she drove away. Ruby got her golden necklace in her bra because she knew her uncle would demand to have it.

She went inside of her home. Already used to the smell of marijuana, she just walked up straight to her room. Once inside of her room, she checked her hands. There was only small marks of traces of the wounds. She didn’t get all that hurt, except for her neck where Emmett had held her tightly.

She went to her mirror and saw red marks on her neck. She hoped they would be gone by tomorrow.

All night, she could barely sleep, she kept checking her phone over and over again. Then, she tried to call Emmett and she left several messages saying the same thing, she wasn’t hurt that bad, and that he shouldn’t feel so bad.

Eventually, she had to go to sleep. She got out of the dress, and placed it nicely in her closet. She removed her makeup and went to sleep.

The next morning, she checked her phone, no response from Emmett. She dressed up for school, and headed towards the school.

As she walked on the road, a car honked. She turned and saw Grayson, her partner for French.

“Do you need a ride?” he asked.

She nodded and got inside of the car. It was a nice one, and it was warm inside. She rubbed her hands together.

“Your boyfriend doesn’t own a car?” he asked.

“Um,” she said awkwardly, “we had a bit of… an argument.”

“Oh, I hope everything works out,” he said sincerely.

“Thanks, Grayson,” she smiled. “You live around here?”

“Just a few houses down from yours,” he answered.

“How do you like Forks so far?” she asked.

He shrugged. “It’s okay. It’s quiet, except for the gossip.”

She chuckled. “That’s for sure, this town has nothing to do but mess with the lives of other people.”

He laughed along with her. They arrived at the school, and the first thing she checked was if any of the Cullen’s car was there. She frowned when she didn’t see anyone. With Tobi gone, she would be by herself the entire day.

She did not want to spend her entire day in there by herself. She’d rather rot.

She thanked Grayson for the ride and watched as he walked away to a crowd of friends. She headed out of the parking lot and headed towards the town. She would take a cab to the hospital.

She got a cab and got to the hospital. She headed towards Tobi’s room. Maybe Jasper was there, but a sinking feeling in her stomach told her that she shouldn’t get her hopes up.

She decided to check if Carlisle was at work, but the nurses told her that he had not checked in yet. She got to Tobi’s room. She opened the door and saw Paul with her.

Tobi looked at Ruby at once. Since last night, she could not stop the feeling that something was wrong with her. It was a psych connection both girls had with each other.

“Hey,” Ruby greeted them and sat down on the armchair.

“No rude comment?” Paul asked with a cocked eyebrow.

Ruby had a blank look on her face. “Can you please leave? I need to talk to my best friend.”

Paul was surprised that she said please, so he obliged and stepped out of the room.

“What’s wrong?” Tobi asked and sat up.

“Last night, at Bella’s party,” Ruby began to explain, “she got a small paper cut, and Jasper attacked her.”

Tobi’s eyes widened. “And?”

“She’s alive, but Edward pushed her aside, and along the way, me, so we both fell on a glass table. I got some cuts on my hands,” she faced her hands upward and showed Tobi the marks. “Emmett… he lost control.”

“He didn’t…?” Tobi asked unsure of what to ask.

“No, he didn’t bite me, I would’ve been turning into a vampire if he did, Tobi, but… the look in his eyes… it was scary,” she admitted to Tobi, and she would only admit it to her. “Since last night, I haven’t seen or heard from Emmett, and I’m worried. They weren’t at school, and I thought Jasper would be here or something.”

“Have you tried calling him again?” Tobi asked frustrated that she wasn’t allowed a cell phone.

Ruby took out her phone. “At least a hundred times.”

“Ma-maybe they just need some time,” Tobi said.

Ruby knew not to believe that, but a part of her wanted to believe that he wouldn’t leave her, so she agreed to Tobi.

“You’re right.”

Paul walked back inside to say that he had to go to La Push for something. Ruby was going to stay with Tobi.

Ruby made herself comfortable on the bed with Tobi. Both girls watched TV, but their minds were on their boys.

Ruby had to believe Emmett was going to call. She told him she loved him, he just couldn’t back down now. There was no way she would be able to take it if he broke up with her. Not because she depended on him, but because she really did love him.

Several hours later, even after school was long over, Ruby wanted to stop watching TV.

“TV sucks, do they have DVD’s around here?” Ruby asked.

“Maybe in the library,” Tobi said.

“I’ll go get us some,” she got out of the bed and got out of the bedroom. She had her cell phone with her. She called Emmett one more time, but a lady told her the phone was disconnected.

Her heart hoped he had forgotten to pay the bill or something, which would be observed, but one could dream.

After she got some movies from the mini library in the hospital, she headed back to the room. In the elevator a couple of nurses were gossiping.

“Dr. Cullen quit this morning,” one said.

That got Ruby’s attention.

“I heard he got some big offer in LA and they’re all moving down there,” another nurse said.

“That’s so sad, he was so nice to look at,” the first one giggled.

“He was, but I think it was so sudden, the move. I mean, not even a two week warning, he just said he got a better offer and that him and his family were moving immediately.”

Ruby’s world was falling apart. When the elevator reached the floor, she walked out of it like a zombie. She got hold of herself and started calling every single cell phone of the Cullen’s. She even called their home, but it was all disconnected.

Ruby used her last resort and called Bella.

Her phone rang and rang, but no one answered. She called her home, and Saline answered.

“Hello?”

“Saline, it’s Ruby, is Bella there?” she asked.

“Bella’s missing--oh wait… they just brought her in, she’s been in the woods, Ruby I have to go, I’ll tell you what’s going on later, okay?”

“But--”

Saline had hung up though.

Bella had been missing?

“What the fuck is going on?” Ruby muttered to herself.

She ran back to Tobi’s room.

“They’re gone,” Ruby’s eyes were watered.

Tobi’s eyes were confused. “Who is?”

“They’re gone, Tobi, I j-just heard some nurses say that Carlisle got some job offer in LA and he quit this morning, and now they’re gone… they’re gone,” she repeated to herself unable to comprehend her own words.

Her heart felt like someone had stabbed it. The pain that was going through her was far worse than when Dalton had hit her. It was far worse anything she ever experienced. She felt like the room was spinning, she held on to the chair to hold herself up.

“No… no, that… can’t be right,” Tobi chuckled nervously. “You must’ve heard wrong, Ruby.”

“No, I didn’t, I tried calling all of them, Tobi, all of their phones are disconnected. I even tried Bella, but… something happened with her, she was missing, but when I called someone had found her… I think she knows what’s going on.”

“Why would they leave?” Tobi whispered.

“Because we’re human.”

Emmett listened to Ruby’s last message.

“Emmett, baby, I’m not mad. I’m fine, please, please call me…. I love you,” she said at the end. He would save that message forever in his head.

At the moment, he was out in Port Angeles, he would soon join his family in Alaska, but he had unfinished business with a certain someone.

Dalton walked out of a bar, smoking a cigarette. The light rain hit him and he made no effort to cover himself.

Emmett got out of his car and in vampire speed he reached Dalton and pushed him into an empty alley. Dalton was scared, Emmett could smell the stink of fear on him. Dalton got up from the ground and looked around for whoever did that.

“Come out!” Dalton shouted!

Emmett growled and finally walked out of the darkness.

Dalton’s face hardened. “Oh, it’s you,” his lips turned into a smirk, “I’ve been waiting a long time to kick your fucking ass.”

“Go ahead,” Emmett waved his hands to invite him. “What are you waiting for?”

“After I’m through with you, I’m going to take Ruby back, and you’ll--”

Emmett was sick of his blabbing mouth and pinned him to the brick wall of the alley, hard. Dalton saw stars behind his eyes by the impact.

“You are going to stay away from her forever, you hear? If you so much as get five hundred feet near her… I will tear you apart!” Emmett’s eyes showed pure danger.

Dalton was scared shitless, but he summoned some courage and tried to punch Emmett away, but he only ended up hurting himself.

Dalton had dealt with a lot of people, but Emmett felt like fucking stone.

Emmett smirked. “I will fucking kill you if you go near her again! Got it?”

Dalton nodded his head.

“Good, now you will move the fuck away from here… so fucking far away, and if you don’t… I’ll be back and this time I’ll finish you off,” Emmett threatened and meant every word.

“What the fuck are you?” Dalton asked.

“I’m your fucking nightmare.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun! Dun! Dun!

Any Charmed fans? Harry Potter fans? Well I have a crossover mini story if you wanna read it: Treasured