Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

Stalker

Image

Emmett released Ruby, though he wished he could’ve held on to her just a little longer. She turned around and gave him a hard glare from hell.

She hated being man handled like that. She wasn’t weak, but Emmett had easily stopped her like she had just been a fly that he could smack away.

Her eyes went to Tobi. Ruby could already tell there was something wrong with her friend.

“Bella invited us over to their table today,” Tobi said with a smile that could fool anyone else, but not Ruby. Ruby knew her expressions to well, and she knew that smile was fake, and she was hiding something bad. “I got tired of our crappy sophomore lonely lunch ways, anyway. Why not make new friends this year?”

New friends? She didn’t want to make new friends… she had enough friends and that was Tobi and Dalton. Though, Dalton could be categorized as a sugar daddy rather than a friend.

“I got friends,” she said and gave Emmett a face, “they’re just not in this school.”

Ruby saw the flicker of annoyance and anger in Tobi’s eyes, which was rare because Tobi was usually calm and kept.

“Well, go eat lunch with them instead,” she snapped and walked past her angrily.

Ruby was taken back by her attitude. She was never like that. It had to be what Newton was talking about. She knew it was still bothering Tobi, along with knowing that her real mother abandoned her when she was just a baby.

She was the first to know because that’s how close they were, and she never brought it up because it pained her to see the agony her best friend went through whenever it was brought up.

“Come,” Emmett took her hand, and she quickly pulled away when she felt like intertwining her fingers with his. It was only a moment of weakness. “You really don’t have anyone else to eat with,” he rightfully pointed out.

Her glare returned to her face and walked over to Tobi.

She wrapped her arms around her waist.

“Hey, baby, I was thinking about you.”

“I know you wouldn’t be able to survive without me,” Tobi smiled sincerely.

Tobi sat down with Ruby on her lap. It was the only seat available, but neither girl minded because sharing was caring if it was with someone you loved. And they loved each other to death because they counted on each other to be there.

“I am going to get us food, my dear, what would you like?” Ruby asked Tobi.

“I’d like some pizza,” she said.

“Pizza it is!” She stood up and rushed over to the line for the pizza.

She took a tray and placed two slices of pizza. Her phone vibrated from her pocket. She took it out and saw that it was Dalton. She rolled her brown eyes.

She hated how controlling he was. He was asking her what she was doing.

She didn’t respond. He sent another text that said he would be waiting for her after school with a surprise. She grinned. She knew it would be a bag of weed. She couldn’t wait until school was over. The first days always sucked.

She went back to the table and suddenly there was a seat available next to Tobi. She took her seat and suppressed the groan when she realized she was next to Emmett.

He laughed.

“Am I that bad of company?” he asked.

“You’re just… I don’t know… weird,” she said.

He raised an eyebrow. “Weird? How?”

“Uh, we’ve been in the same school for the past year and a half, and now you choose to talk to me? It’s a little suspicious. You’re a senior and I’m a junior.”

“Is it the age difference?” he asked and almost laughed because if she knew his true age, she would get even more weird out.

“Please, my boyfriend is 19, age isn’t really a problem,” she smirked as she got flashes of their sexual activities. “You’re just weird.”

Edward grimaced. Ruby’s thoughts were always… hard to listen to at times. Most of the time she thought of random things, but when dark thoughts crept in, she would make herself forget by thinking about Dalton. Edward never got the whole story of her secret, other than it involved blood, and something about a bathroom.

Her next class was English and there she took her daily nap. The teacher didn’t even bother to wake her up.

Her last class was the other messed up class AP Biology. She sat down on one of the island counters. There were stools, but she was a rebel.

She played with the tips of her hair as the class began to get full.

“I think these were made to be sat on,” Emmett’s voice came.

She turned to him with narrowed eyes. “Are you stalking me?”

He laughed. “Hardly, I have this class too.”

She scoffed. “I’m flattered, Emmett, but I have a boyfriend.”

“From what I hear he’s an asshole,” he muttered with a hint… no, not a hint, it was just pure hatred.

“Well, I could care less what other people think of him,” Ruby spat.

She was glad when class was over.

She was one of the first to be out of class.

Emmett wished he would’ve kept his cool. He started good with her for a while and now he ruined everything. He walked out of class and headed to the car with the rest of his family.

Ruby didn’t have to wait long for Dalton. He was always on time when it came to pick her up. He got out of his car and walked around and quickly placed his lips on hers.

“I missed you,” he said through the kiss. “I wish you didn’t have school.”

She chuckled and pulled from the kiss. “Me too, but stupid laws make me go.”

“One day I’m just going to kidnap you,” he joked.

“Hmm, no thanks,” she said with a scrunched face. He kissed her again.

Emmett watched, but not for long, he lunged at them, but Edward and Jasper held him.

“I’m gonna rip that human to shreds,” Emmett growled lowly.

“Emmett calm down!” Edward whispered harshly.

Emmett had to reluctantly watch as Ruby got inside of Dalton’s car and get taken away. Emmett shook off both of his brothers and instead of going to the car he went to the forest. When he was out of sight, he ran as fast as his feet could take him.

Dalton stopped in front of his apartment building. It wasn’t that far from the school just about a five minute drive. They went inside of his apartment.

Unlike most pot heads, his apartment had furniture. She liked that about his apartment. When she first walked inside, she half expected it to be crappy with just a TV and a mattress on the floor, but in fact his apartment was well kept.

They went to his room where they started to make a blunt. He lit it up for her and handed it to her. He started to nibble on her neck and back her up to the bed. She just moved with him until they reached the bed. He placed her on her back.

She continued to smoke. It wasn’t anything new. She would smoke and forget her worries, and he would take what he wanted. His lips made his way down to her stomach. He lifted the tank top and kissed her stomach.

Her thoughts went to Emmett.

She wondered why all of a sudden he talked to her. And the way he looked at her. He looked at her as though she was a treasure. She was never looked like that by anyone. Dalton only gave her lustful looks, and those looks of desperation that he called love, but to her it didn’t mean anything.

Like at the moment, Dalton’s eyes told her he loved everything about her, but he only loved her body. She knew no matter how much he would tell her he loved her, she would never forget the countless times she found him with other girls.

The first, second, and third time it hurt her, but after that she pretty much didn’t care. Just as long as he used a condom. She wasn’t stupid when it came to protection. She always made him wear a condom. She couldn’t afford the pill.

This time it was no objection. She told him to put on a condom.

Dalton fell asleep like always. She got dressed.

She still had dinner to go to with Tobi. Without as much as a good bye, she gathered her things and left his apartment.

Tobi’s house was about a twenty minute walk. She took out her I-Pod and listened to some music.

She got to Tobi’s house and didn’t find her inside, so she tried the backyard.

“TOBI!” she called out.

A few seconds later Tobi walked out of the woods with gum in her mouth. Ruby was going to ask her once and for all.

“Ok, what the hell was Newton talking about?”

Tobi shrugged and shoved her hands in her pocket. Ruby knew she must have a lighter. She knew about her… like for fire. She thought it was harmless. Ruby had a thing for sex, drugs, and alcohol.

“People make mistakes, and mine came two years ago when I got drink, ‘nough said.”

Ruby made full eye contact with her. She shouldn’t judge her. She had done worse things while she was sober. Tobi was allowed to make mistakes.

“’nough said,” she repeated, smiled at her, and then drew her into a huge hug.

“If my mom smells you, she’s going to freak,” Tobi chuckled.

Ruby pulled from the embrace and grinned.

“And your hair is a mess, by the way,” Tobi pointed out.

Ruby took out body spray from her bag and a brush.

“Already ahead of you, bud.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

ohnoxletsgogo
choirgirlx3
XxXBubblyGirlXxX