Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

CH.15

STACI'S POV
The rest of the day dragged on and on. Most of it I was a mute with Nick staring at me strangely. He look so concerned and worried but he didn't pressure me to talk about it or anything. I love how he ignored all the stares and questions about him in the paper just so he could comfort me. He was showing me that he does really care and that he won't leave...well unless he gets killed because of me. But I shouldn't think about that, I need to overcome this dreaded gift...if I only knew how. As we rode home he held my hand tightly still staying silent, but this wasn't awkward at all I felt comfortable and safe. As the car stopped he glanced over to me and smirked letting me know it is all going to be ok. 

"Come on baby."- He spoke softly as his cheeks flushed scarlet realizing what he had just call me. Flattered I blushed sightly too. He lead me up to what is now OUR place, I let us in and let out a huge sigh of relief as he closed the door behind me. 
"Thank god it's over!"- I said with tears in my eyes knowing that my BFF was now buried underneath the cold soil. 
"I know today was hard but you won't go through this again."- He promised while washing his hands. He he leaned on the kitchen sink waiting for me to step closer because he knows by now that I need to wash my hands every time I come home. 
"I hope, I can't lose the only thing I have left..."- I whispered stepping in front of him. 
"You won't, at least not without a fight."- He smiled as he moved so I could wash my hands. 
"Nick you are one amazing guy, you know that right?"- I grinned as I turned off the water and faced him. He repeated what he did the other day by pinning his hands on the counter around me. He glanced at me with a smirked leaning closer.
"That may be true but you're way more amazing."- He whispered in my ear.
"Nick..."- I whispered back but he didn't say anything he just lightly pecked my lips. I couldn't just have one kiss from him so I pulled him back into a passionate kiss. I didn't want to stop, he just made me feel so safe and almost loved. He pulled me forcefully closed to him leaving no space between us. The kissing became more feverishly, which scared me to death but I felt so connected to Nick. I've never seen him like this before, we both broke away for air and stared into each others eyes.
"Staci you can't deny what's between us, please don't turn me down again...will you please do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"- He said out of breath as he held the back of my neck forces me to look him in the eyes. I couldn't lie to him or to myself; there is no denying our connection. Not only did sparks just fly when we kissed we also had an amazing mental connection as well. Lost for words, too terrified to say yes all I stayed silent. Nick glared at me then kissed me roughly as he picked me up. Willingly I kissed back as I wrapped my legs around him making sure I was secure. He started to make his way to my room. I was shocked at what this could mean for us. Being with one one person before only one time scares me and even though I think I'm in love with Nick, but I don't think he really loves me. He laid me on the bed and crawled on top of me as tears formed in my eyes...he can't love me. He stopped kissing me and looked at me worried. 
"You really don't like me do you?"- His voiced cracked.
"No Nick I do and I *gulp* would love to be your girlfriend, but what you want to do isn't right."- I spat out. 
"Why? Why can't I make love to you!?"- He almost cried. He couldn't take his eyes off of me, he looked so broken. 
"Because Nick! You don't love me! This shouldn't happen now!"- I cried realizing that I was actually in love with him...madly in love. 
"But what if I do?"
"What?"
"Staci what if I really do love you?"
"You can't!"- I cried remembering how Greg died an hour after he told me the same thing.
"Yea I can! And I do! Staci I love you, I need you in my life. You are the one and only person to ever make me feel this way! I know this is soon but I can't help the way I feel! And I know what I feel is true, I'm so in love with you!"- He confessed. I didn't think it was possible, but I could tell him meant everything. 
"Nick I'm so scared, but I can't lie to you. I..."- I trailed off trying to gain the courage to tell him. 
"Yeah? Go on it's ok, I promise. Everything will be fine my love."- He assured me as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb, finally giving me the security I needed to admit what I was hiding.
"I love you too!"- I smiled through my tears. He grew a wide smile and kissed me passionately again.
"You're sure?"- He murmured against my lips.
"If you're sure, I'm positive!"- I smiled feeling completely happy. 
"I'm 1000% sure."- He grinned as he kissed me again. He held me close and kissed me with so much passion I thought it was a dream. He started to play with my shirt letting me know for sure what he wanted badly. He slipped my shirt off without breaking the kiss and then slid his tongue gentle into my mouth. His hands toured my body as his tongue explode ever inch of my mouth. I reached forward to his shirt and rapidly started to unbutton it, I never thought this would happen to us I've wondering what it would be like more then once. The thought of getting closer to him frightened me to death but also made me feel incredible so I pushed all the negative thoughts away as more and more clothes were thrown across the room. Nick broke the kiss and gazed deep into my eyes. 
"You are so beautiful Staci, I so happy you love me back."- He said out of breath. 
"Thank you, and I'm just as happy as you are. You're the only one who could ever save me from myself."- I fessed up.
"Well baby, you saved me in more ways then one. And that is just one of the many reasons why I can say I love you and completely mean it."
"I love you too!"- I smiled and with that he smashed his lips on mine again leading us to a long wonderful night...