Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.6

STACI’S POV
“Wait, who you really are?”- I asked.
“Um I’m not just a regular person, well I am now. I do not know if you have ever heard of the Jonas Brothers or Nick Jonas and the Administration, but I used to sing, write, and perform in both. I was famous until the past events with my ex-wife.”- Nick said sadly, I could tell he missed performing.
“Oh I’ve heard your music before; I haven’t heard a lot of it, sorry. However, I did like what I heard. Do you want to tell me what happened?”- I asked.
“Yea, I need to talk about it. I’ve kept everything in for awhile; I’m surprised you haven’t heard about it…it was big news.”- He said softly.
“I haven’t and never really paid much attention to stuff on TV or anything, I was always scared I would get attached to someone on TV and they would pay the ultimate price too. I’ve lived most my life in a state of fear, and I regret it but I still think everything will come crashing down on my world.”- I said. I had never been this open to anyone before and for the first time I felt like it was ok to do this.
“Aw Staci, I couldn’t imagine feeling like that all the time. I really hope WE can over come this obstacle in your life.”- He said emphasizing the WE part, I feel like Nick is very sincere and truly cares. I looked in his eyes searching for a sign of deception, but all I saw was hope filled eyes…what did I do it deserve someone like him in my life.
“You really care don’t you? You really want to help fix me?”- I asked to be sure.
“Of course I care; I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t. And Staci you do not need to be fixed! You need to overcome something, in a way you need to be saved…as I needed to. You saved me and I’m here to save you.”- Nick said as he moved closer and grabbed my hands.
“Thank you, but you said you needed to talk about what happened and we’ll have plenty of time to deal with me.”- I said afraid of getting too close to him.
“No problem…ok so I was married to Miley Cyrus, I don’t know if you know her. (I nodded.) Well we dated off and on in our teens until we were 17, after that we were always together, so I thought. She had cheated on me when we were 14 and every time we were together after that I always had that thought that, she would do it again. I loved her a lot and she was also my first love so the doubts in my mind got pushed aside for years. We got married at 20 and luckily had no kids; they probably would not have been mine anyways… But one day she came home and just told me that she has cheated on me ever since we were dating and now she found some guy she made for, he is her soul mate. I felt my whole world fall apart, I truly thought she was my forever, I gave her everything…and she took everything. I do not know how but I got all the bad press and my career crashed and burned. Music was something that has helped through out my life, I was always so passionate about it, now it is nothing, and I cannot even write a song anymore! She took my house, my life, my everything! The court granted her everything even though she cheated on me! I do not get it and after court she told me she never really loved me, she married me for publicity. I could not believe it, I felt so stupid and useless. I really stop caring after that, I took what little money I had left and got a shitty apartment that I cannot afford now because I cannot find a job…I am so behind in rent! I cannot go to my parents because they do not believe in divorce so they are angry and disappointed in me. My brother Kevin is off on an island with his wife and kids, and my brother Joe has hated me ever since I married Miley…and Frankie is off at college in England. So I really have no one left… well except for you right?”- Nick said through small tears.
“Of course I’m here. Nick I had no idea, this must be so hard for you.”- I said almost in tears myself; we both have screwed up lives.
“Yea, I finally didn’t care at all so that why I went to the bridge, I thought it was the only way until you came. I actually so glad and grateful you saved me.”- Nick smiled.
“I am too, you have no idea how much talking to you has helped.”- I said looking away still trying to hide the fact I felt guilty I did not even try to save Erin but I saved him, some guy I did not know.
“Staci are you ok?”- He sniffled. Damn his gift to see through me!
“Yea Nick I’m just really tied, it’s been a long day for both of us. How about we go to your apartment tomorrow so I can take care of you there, you‘ll feel more at home.”- I lied as I looked at him, I cannot believe I can lie straight to his face like this.
“Um ok, but are you sure everything’s fine?”- He asked as he eyed my suspiciously.
“Yea Nick everything’s fine…now I’m going to make me a comfy bed on my couch. You can sleep here.”- I said getting up, but Nick grabbed my arm.
“Staci you can sleep in your own bed, I’ll take the couch and I don’t want to here any buts about it.”- Nick said sternly as he released my arm and got up to.
“Fine, I‘ll get you sheets and a pillow Mr. Stubborn.”- I sighed.
“I’m Mr. Stubborn? If that’s true you must be Mrs. Stubborn!”- He smiled
“Oh so we are married now?”- I joked and blushed at that thought.
“Yea and you got mad at me so now I have to sleep on the couch.”- He chuckled and blushed. God! This boy is too adorable. I finish making the bed, we stood there and looked at each other waiting for one of us to say goodnight. Nick smirked at me and pulled me into a warm hug.
“Goodnight Staci, I can’t ever thank you enough.”- He smiled.
“Goodnight Nick, your welcome and thank you too.”- I smiled back as I looked up at him realizing he was still holding me.
“No problem, night.”- He said as he kissed my cheek shocking me in a good way. I smiled as he released me and I turned around feeling butterflies in my stomach…I have not felt those since I was with Greg. I went to my bed and laid down, I reached for to turn my lamp off and saw the picture of Erin and I again. When I did the joy I felt disappeared again, but soon enough I fell into a deep slumber.