Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.8

NICK’S POV
I felt my eyes open after my first peaceful night of sleep in who knows how long. Morning light broke through Staci’s blind reminding me that I was here with her, that I was no longer alone and that yesterday was not a terrible nightmare that turned into a beautiful dream…it was all real. I looked at my chest to see Staci snuggled deeply in it; I smiled at myself knowing I could get used to this. I do not want to be a creeper but I really feel connected to her. It is not just because she saved me but she is so down to earth and naturally beautiful. She is also so sweet and caring, I could care less about her visions…those cannot stop what I feel. I do not know exactly what I feel for Staci, but I cannot see myself letting her go I feel like I need her and she needs me. I have been hurt so bad by Miley that I do not know if I can handle another relationship right now. I tightened my right arm around her and moved her hair out of her gorgeous face
with my left hand. I had the urge to play with her soft dark brown hair but I really do not want her to think I am some freak. I did not want to wake her so I just stayed still enjoying this whole feeling I felt until I felt her stir in her sleep. I looked down to see her intense black eyes flutter open.

“Good morning Staci.”- I smiled at her.

“Morning Nick.”- She smiled, but she sound a little sick.

“Do you feel ok?”- I asked sniffling myself. Shit! We were both out in the cold rain to long yesterday.

“I could ask you the same thing. But I just feel tired and my nose is slightly stuffed and you sound like yours is stuffed too.”- She said getting up after realizing she was still snuggled into my chest.

“I think I’ll be fine, are you still up for going to my aaahchoooo, excuse me…apartment.”- I said realizing we both are sadly sick.

“Bless you and yea that’s fine.”- She sniffled.

“Thanks…I’ll go put my clothes from yesterday and I’ll let you get ready.”- I said about to walk out of her room.

“No problem and Nick there is an extra toothbrush in the hall closet right next to the bathroom, I’ll get dressed now so you can use the bathroom first.”- She smiled.

“Alright.”- I smiled back as I went to get ready.

STACI’S POV
Nick went off to get dressed and use the bathroom, so even though I had to pee desperately I got dressed. I walked out into the hall making my way to the bathroom to finish getting ready wearing a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with a black v-neck that hugged my curves just right, I added some color by wearing a pair of red pumps to help me not look so tiny and a matching red scarf. I finished getting ready by brushing my teeth and added some light makeup, I decided to just leave my hair in its natural wave and walked out into my kitchen that smelled like food. I rounded the corner to see Nick cooking in a pair of old jeans and a light blue t-shirt with small v-neck with a pair if old converses on just like yesterday.

“You cook too?”- I asked.

“I have many talents and I thought it’s the least I could do.”- He said still facing my stove cooking what smells like eggs.

“Nick I really don’t want you to feel like you owe me…”- I said feeling bad.

“Well fine, I want to do this anyways. We are friends right? Oh and I hope you like your eggs scrambled.”- He said as he turned around with two plates. He looked at me while more of stared.

“Yea we are friends and that’s the only way I like my eggs. Is there something wrong with my outfit?”- I said looking down.

“No, no, you look amazing.”- He blushed looking down at the plates.

“Thank you and breakfast smells so good.”- I blushed at his compliment.

“No problem, I love ketchup on my eggs…yea I know some think it’s gross but you sit down and tell me if you need anything for them.”- He said as he set the plates at the table. He really took the “make yourself at home” thing seriously, but it is cute and actually not creepy.

“I actually love it too, there’s no way it’s gross!”- I laughed sitting down.

“Orange juice? Water? Milk?”- He asked.

“You know we are at my house right?”- I giggled.

“Oh sorry, I was just..”- He started all worried.

“Nick I’m kidding, it’s cute. I hate milk unless it’s in cereal and I think we both need the
vitamins so orange juice.”- I admired his adorableness.

“Ok, sorry if I’m being too…umm what’s the word…pushy maybe?”- He said unsure as he poured two glasses of OJ.

“No Nick it’s fine I’m just kidding. Thank you again.”- I said as he sat down and we both started to eat.

“Again I wanted to so it’s no problem.”- He said. We both finished eating and cleaned up almost ready to head out.

“Nick it’s still raining I think you need a jacket…I think I have an old sweatshirt that was Greg’s.”- I said the last part quietly. Well I think Greg would be happy for me, I hope.

“Staci I’ll be fine…I can see you not completely ready to give him up totally and that’s fine. Plus I’m already sick.”- He said.

“No, I’ll go get it then we’ll go. I need to do this.”- I said feeling confident with my decision. I went to my room and pulled the spacebag that had Greg’s items in it and pulled out his black zip up high school baseball jacket…I could still picture him wearing this. I smiled to myself, got up, and gave it to Nick.

“Thanks.”- He smiled as he opened my door for me.

“My pleasure, it fits you well…I just hope you like baseball as much as he did. Personally it’s my favorite sport.”- I said as I grabbed my red purse, my keys, and my white trench coat. Nick stepped out after me and closed the door and I locked it.

“It’s my favorite too! If you say you like the Yankees…wait you had Rays PJ’s on last night never mind. But if you also liked them we’d have way to much in common!”- He laughed.

“Ewwwww you like the Yankees!”- I gagged. WORST TEAM EVER!

“I love them! They are my team!”- He chuckled at me.

“Oh that’s not even funny! I hate the Yankees and Red Soxs with a burning passion! If you say one more word or start ranting about them I swear to god I will push you out of the cab, and if you think I’m joking go ahead and try me.”- I yelled and joked a little, but I serious cannot stand those teams!

“Wow…I now know what to say to tick you off. However, I will be nice even though I could defend my team all day, but I also hate Boston. Just don’t push me out of the cab!”- He laughed.

“If you shush I’ll spare your life…maybe, because just being a Yankee fan is bad enough.”- I glared at him as he continue to smile while we made our way outside. I signaled for a cab and we quickly got in not wanting to get wet. Nick gave the driver directions to his place, then he started to play with his dog tags as he glanced over at me.

“Staci I’m warning you now that my place isn’t the nicest, it’s all I can semi afford.”- He said jingling his tags.

“Aw that’s ok, I don’t care. So what are your dog tags for?”- I asked looking at his beautiful curls.

“They have all my medical info and stuff on them, I’ve worn them since I was a teen.”- He smiled.

“Oh cool, what’s the ring for that‘s on the chain?”- I asked.

“It was my purity ring, don’t laugh at me!”- He pretended to pout.

“That’s adorable!”- I said wishing I had done something as sweet in my life.

“Thanks but you don’t think it’s gay?”- He looked away.

“No, I wish every guy was that respectful. That was a special gift from god, it should be given away to someone special.”- I said also looking away.

“Yea well mine wasn’t so special seeing as the person torn me into pieces!”- He growled at his memory.

“Join the club!”- I said, just one time and that guy was done with me. I will not ever do that again until I know that person is the one…so I guess it will be never!

“What did we ever do to deserve to be treated like shit?”- Nick said, feeling my pain.

“I have no idea.”- I said as the car stopped.

“We’re here.”- He said quietly. I paid for the cab and we got out…not too bad.

“Lead the way.”- I said trying to forget our last convo.

“Ok, watch the third step it’s a little lose.”- He warned. We got up to his floor and Nick just stopped and stared at a few small boxes outside an apartment.

“Nick are you ok?”- I asked worried.

“I’ve been evicted! I have nothing! Just what is in these boxes! I have no where to live! What am I going to do!?”- He said shocked.

“You can live with me if you want.”- I said feeling terrible.

“You’d really let me live with you?”- He sniffled.

“Yes! Come on let’s take these boxes home after we get medicine.”- I smiled.

“I can never thank you enough! I don’t know what I’d do without you!”- He said as he pulled my into a strong hug.