Sequel: Better Than Revenge

Smile

.dix.

10. Sunday
“What are you doing tonight?” Sam asked as we were sprawled out on the floor in the living room.

“I have a date with Jon.” I said smiling. We were watching a re-run of Oprah.

“Oh girl, going on a big date.” He said winking at me.

“Yea, but I’m nervous. I haven’t been on a date since you know.” I said feeling truly nervous.

“Well I don’t think he’s going to hurt you or be like him.” Sam said getting up and going to the kitchen.

“That’s what I thought and look what happened.” I spat out a little bitter.

“You haven’t had a relationship after him and that was 2 years ago. Promise me that you’re actually going to give Jon a good chance to get to know the real you.” Sam said walking in the room with a bowl of newly popped popcorn.

That was the thing I was really bad at, opening up fully to people. I only let people see parts of me and who I am. Sam is the only person here in America that knows my full story but that was because he was one of my best friends and he was my roommate.

“I promise.” I said turing my attention back to Oprah and people with night terrors.

After ‘him’ I didn’t really date guys seriously. It was more of going on a couple of dates whenever Emma thought I needed a guy in my life. She always wanted me to date a guy because I think she felt bad how sometimes I was third wheel. Sure they never made me feel like I was the third wheel, yet I could tell when I was.

Oprah was done by 12 and that gave me about 5 hours until the date. I figured that I would start on my paper of Ansel Adams due in a week. So I started to write, throw the paper away, write and repeat. By the time I had 3 pages drafted out of the 10 minimum pages needed it was 5:30. I grabbed my phone and texted Jon asking what I should wear. He told me dress casual and asked for my apartment number.

“What are you going to wear tonight?” Sam asked me sitting on my bed as I went through my closet looking for something to wear.

“Something casual. I was thinking about a red long sleeve, jeans and flats.” I said changing right there.

“Now for jewelry!” Sam said walking over to where my jewelry box was sitting on my vanity. He pulled out a triple cord necklace, it was plain but cute.
Knock, Knock.

“He’s here!” Sam said walking out of my room to answer the door.

“Hey, Jon. This is Sam, Sam this is Jon.” I said introducing them.

“Nice to meet you.” Jon said shaking Sam’s hand.

“Likewise. He’s kinda cute!” Sam exclaimed looking at me with a smile on his face. Jon’s eyes almost popped out of his eye socket.

“This is why my dates never meet you.” I said laughing pushing Jon out of the doorway and into the hallway while closing the door.

“That wasn’t awkward at all.” Jon said chuckling wrapping his arms around me. That’s when I realized how close we were standing, my hands were still on his chest from when I pushed him out.

“He’s my roommate, gotta love him.” I said laughing as well noticing how cute Jon was.

“Well, as much as I would love to stay we should get going.” Jon said pulling away so he could wrap his arm around my shoulder. That’s when I noticed the major height difference. Jon was about 6’2 and I was 5’4 so it was a pretty big height difference.

“Where are we going?” I asked getting into his Mercedes that was waiting in front of the apartment building.

“We are going to Chicago Diner, they serve vegetarian food.” Jon said starting the car up. I’ve never heard of Chicago Diner before and truthfully they sounded like a burger joint.

The car ride was silent mostly but it wasn’t awkward. The drive was only about half an hour long. As we parked the car and walked to the entrance there was a long line of people waiting for their table. But as we made our way closer someone had recognized who Jon was and instantly the line shouted that he could go up in front. Even with much disagreement they forced me and Jon to the front of the line. Thats when we were immediately seated.

“Can I start out you guys out with any drinks?” The waitress asked looking worn out.

“I’ll have a Coke.” I said looking at her as she jotted down my order. Jon ordered water. We talked about what we were going to order. I ended up getting the Sweet Potato Quesadilla and Jon got The Halfpipe.

“So what made you be a vegetarian?” Jon asked as we waited for the food to come.

“My mom was a vegetarian so I sort of picked it up. Plus it’s healthy for you.” I said taking a sip of my coke.

“That’s true, but I can’t imagine not eating meat!” He exclaimed. I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

Dinner was really good and fun, Jon was funny in his own way. He wasn’t a Patrick Sharp/Adam Burish in your face funny, he’s sarcastic funny. For desert Jon got a slice of chocolate cake and while he was in the bathroom I took several bites from his cake. I didn’t order any because I told him that I was full.

“I thought you said you were full.” Someone said from behind me making me jump.

“You scared the crap out of me.” I said holding a hand over my chest as Jon took a seat in front of me.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean too.” He said looking all concerned but with a small smile playing on his lips.

“Sure, you didn’t” I said sticking my tongue out at him. He just laughed.

Much to my arguing Jon paid for dinner. I told him no but he wouldn’t take that for an answer. We even started to argue with the waitress, I told her to not take the money and hand over the bill book. Jon said that she needs to just walk away and he’s gonna leave a big tip. She looked slightly torn but gave into Jon and walked away.
After dinner since there wasn’t much places to go and look around the diner we got into Jon’s car. He drove around for awhile wondering where should we go next. I had no idea since I only went places where I could walk since traveling in a cab was expensive. It was something that rarely did and only if I really needed too.

“How about we go to the park and walk around?” Jon said pulling up to Millennium park.

“Sounds good.” I said getting out of the car and I could tell that Jon wanted to open the passenger door for me but he didn’t say anything when I did it.

“So how did you and Sam become roommates?” Jon asked once we started to walk around the park his arm draped over my shoulder.

“Well when I broke up with my boyfriend I needed to find a place to live. Sam just broke up with his boyfriend as well so we decided that we should find an apartment.” I said moving closer to Jon as it got a little more cold.

“How did you guys met?” He asked getting more curious.

“On my first day something was wrong with schedule so I had to go to the office. Just so happen he was there as well and told me that I had the cutest outfit.” I said laughing remembering Sam taking a seat next to me and started to over obsess with my outfit.

“Even though I just met him, it sounds like something he would do.” Jon said laughing along with me.

“Gotta love him.” I said as we continued walking.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come to our next two games. I got two tickets so you could invite whoever.” Jon said.

“I would love to go!” I said excited to go to the game. During the years I can only go to 9 games a season.

After that Jon and I decided to leave since the temperature started to get lower and I was already cold. I lived in France it was cold but the wind here just made it so much colder. He walked me up to my apartment door and here we are standing.

“See you Tuesday.” Jon whispered looking down at me.

“See you Tuesday.” I said back equally as quiet. Then he leaned down to kiss me, but I turned my cheek.

“I don’t kiss on the first date.” I said laughing as Jon pulled back with a sheepish smile.

“So does this mean I get to go on another date?” Jon asked hopefully.

“We’ll see.” I said winking before heading into my apartment smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU so much for the four comments! I felt so happy when I saw that four people actually commented on my story!
& I just noticed that Kris Versteeg rapped a verse from Yes by LMAFO during the parade. Here's a video of the song yes yes by lmafo