Sequel: Better Than Revenge

Smile

.quinze.

15.
Jon’s POV

“Practice at 7.” Was all the morning call that Sidney and I got in the morning.
At practice Mike was trying to act as if he didn’t call my girlfriend a puck-bunny which was pissing me off. He kept trying to have a conversation with me and Sidney while we stood in the shootout line. I didn’t even speak to him and as I skated away I heard him ask Sidney why I was mad at him. Duncs replied for Sid and said something along the lines of because your an asshole.

“One more time you call me Kaner, I will walk over to your stupid village, and I will cut you.” Arabella hissed into her phone after the third ring.

“Good thing I’m not Kaner then.” I replied chuckling.

“I should cut you too for having such annoying teammates.” She said sounding like she was getting up a little more.

“I was drafted before him, blame Hawks organization not me. But I was wondering if you wanted to join my parents and I for lunch.” I asked looking at the clock which read 10:00 am.

“Lunch with your parents, today?!” She asked sounding like she fully woke up.

“Yea, I know I should have told you last night and all. We’re going to have lunch at the Lumiere Restaurant at 12.” I said running my hand through my hair, which seemed to grow longer from the bet that I have with Sharpie.

“Um, I don’t know Jon. Your parents are your parents!” She replied sounded nervous and stressed. Never before have I heard her sound the least bit nervous or stressed.

“It’s okay Ara, I completely understand. You don’t need to come.” I said a little disappointed that she didn’t want to join us.

“You know what? I’ll join you and your family for lunch. But can I met you first before we go?” She asked sounding a little less nervous than before.

“Sure, I’ll be at the village just give me a call.” I said smiling over the fact that she decided to come for lunch.

We said our good-byes and hung up. I had about two hours to kill before I had to met my parents. Being a hockey player that meant only three things; sleeping, video games or eating. I wasn’t hungry or all that tired I went to go play video games with the guys.
-------------------------------
After I hung up with Jon and stopped freaking out about the fact that I was going to have lunch with his parents, I realized I had only about an hour to get ready. Which being me, was not enough time. I went into the closet and drawers pulling out everything and anything.

“Kaner, I don’t know what to wear for Jon’s parents!” I said into my phone pacing around in my bra and underwear.

“Woe, already meeting the parents. Don’t worry though, Jon’s parents are super cool. They’ll love you.” Patrick said trying to calm me down.

“But I don’t know what to wear!” I said looking at the mess that I created but still not sure on what to wear.

“Gosh, you’re so lucky that I have sisters so I know what to do in these situations. What restaurant are you going to?” He asked shuffling around his room.

“We’re going to Lumiere.” I said looking through the dresses that I packed.

“Okay, I just googled the place. Its a fancy place so pick a fancy dress or something. Just don’t go overboard with the fancyness.” He said as I found the perfect dress.

“I think I found the dress.” I said pulling out my blue Burberry dress.

“Good, now just go get ready.” He replied.

“Thanks for helping me out, bye Pat.” I said going to the bathroom counter going to put on makeup before I put the dress on.

“You welcome Ara, bye.” He said hanging up the phone.

I then turned on the radio and started to apply my makeup. I wanted to do nice red lip so I went with a simply cat eye and neutral colored eye shadow. After not being able to dress up like this since winter break I had to make sure I wasn’t going to go over board. I straitened my hair like always while I was in America. Not really knowing if I should put my hair in a bun I left it down.

I slipped on the blue Burberry dress and nude Yves Saint Laurent sandals. Looking at my outfit I was a little concerned over the fact that it was pretty much snowing outside and the only coat that matched my outfit was a white trench coat. Looking at my clock it was already 11:30. So took off my heels so I could run around the hotel room grabbing anything else that I needed. For jewelry I kept it simple with a cuff and a pair of Chanel earrings. I stuffed my phone, wallet, lipstick, eye liner and everything into my white Marc Jacobs bag.
Knock. Knock. Someone was at my door and it wasn’t really in the mood to open it since I had to met Jon at the village.

“It’s me Jon!” The voice yelled from the other side of my door. As I ran to open the door I gracefully almost tripped on my heels.

“Hey.” I said out of breath pulling my door open and walking over to my shoes and putting them on.

“What happened in here?” He asked looking around the hotel room to find clothes scattered everywhere. I was in the bathroom putting on Chanel number 5 perfume; my favorite.

“Typical disaster of a girl.” I replied sitting on the bench in front of my bed slipping onto my heels.

“You look beautiful.” Jon whispered kneeling down in front of me after I finished putting on my heels. He leaned in for a kiss as I leaned away from him.

“I don’t want to ruin my lipstick; and you look every handsome by the way.” I said looking at Jon is in his gray suit. Every and any suit that he wore always got me feeling very turned on.

After that Jon helped me slip on my white Burberry coat, I put on my gray Valentino scarf and my black Gucci gloves. I slipped my arm into Jon’s open arm as we made our way to the lobby. The doormen hailed a cab for us just as he opened the door. I was jittery and nervous the whole time I was sitting in the cab.
“They’ll love you, don’t worry.” Jon said kissing my temple calming down a little.
------------------------
“Mom, Dad, Idiot.” I said standing up to greeting my parents and brother as they walked to the table we were sitting at.

“Oh, Jonathan!” My mom exclaimed wrapping her arms around my waist. I noticed that David was looking at Arabella.

“I would like you guys to met my girlfriend, Arabella.” I said as Ara stood up, my mom looked ecstatic, my dad looked weary and my brother looked interested.

“It’s so nice to meet you, Arabella!” My mom said pulling Ara down into a hug.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well Mrs. Toews.” Ara said hugging back my mom.

“Call me Andree.” My mom said letting go of Ara.

My dad introduced himself as well just not as enthusiastic as my mom because that was where I got my seriousness from; and my brother just tried to hit on Arabella. It was funny because after awhile my mom caught on and told him to knock it off. My mom loved it even more when she found out that Ara could speak French.

“I really like her.” My mom said as we were all saying our goodbyes. Turns out my mom and Ara made plans so when she comes to Chicago they were going to go shopping.

“Good job son.” My dad said patting me on my shoulder.

“If you and my brother ever break up, I’m here for you.” David said earning a nice hard shove from me.
------------------------
It was the final game, the gold medal game, the last game for the Canadian Olympic team. If they won this game then they would have done it, they would have won the 14th gold medal for their country. The country that game into this winter game not having won any on their home soil.

“Hey, Sharpie.” Arabella said walking over to go and hug him as he was sitting in his seat already.

“Hey, Ara. How’s Canada treating you?” He asked the young blonde as she took a seat next to him.

“It’s been amazing in the short 3 days.” She replied taking off her jacket to reveal a Toews Canadian Jersey.

“Nice jersey.” He said.

Conversation in the arena soon ended as the players took the ice. Now the only thing coming the the mouths of the fans were cheers. Jonathan Toews scored the first goal for Canada, causing the cheers to get that much louder. Soon the game was in overtime, Sidney Crosby makes it past defenders only to hit the goal post. Then he goes to the boards hits it off, Iggy gets the back passes it back to Crosby and he scores!

The crowd went wild, as Arabella took some fast pictures. She had promised her friends that she would come back with some pictures. So she just held down the shutter button as the guys skated and jumped onto Sidney. After the pile, Jon skated to where Ara was sitting and winked.

Soon the guys got their gold medals and the national anthem was sung. Arabella was just in awe over the fact that the national anthem was in both English and French. Everyone was singing with such enthusiasm and pride it made Ara start to cry.

Ara’s plane was supposed to leave right after the Canada game, so it wasn’t possible for her to say bye to Jon. That’s why they both said ‘bye’ on Saturday. Sharpie took her to the airport since he didn’t want her getting lost or something.

“Tell Jon that I think he did amazing.” Ara said as she was telling Sharpie good bye.

“I will, but I will not kiss the boy for you.” Sharpie said laughing and pulled Ara into a hug.

“Good luck at your guys next game.” She said before walking to her gate.

After the long wait that both of them had to wait until they saw each other was most definitely worth it, since Jon did win the gold medal.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I got my 4 comments that I wanted so I'm very happy with that! Thank you to:
Melissa1590
megan.kj.macdonald
aliNTXmusic
miss1019
& I got a new Tyler Seguin story so go check it out please(:
& I got a new Milan Lucic story so go and check that one out as well(:
*3 comments on any of my stories and they will be updated, including this one*