Status: Slow

The Only Exception

The Start

I finally finished that stupid English essay I had to finish. Will and Nate were standing next to my table tapping their foot making me agitated and my essay horribly wrong. I had to literally punch them to get them out of my thinking space. “Are you done?” Nate asked me getting up from my bed as I nodded my head and he sighed. “Finally what took you so long?” He said calling Luke to get ready. “I’ll give you five minutes to get ready.” He said grabbing the car key and his duffel from my bed. “Girl needs time to get ready.” I told him spinning on my chair.

“Well lucky for us you’re not one.” He told me smiling and walking away from my room. I just groaned in frustration and cleared my desk. “Why aren’t you moving your butt?” Will asks me peeking from the door. “I can do anything with my butt.” I told him as he grinned and ran downstairs. I got up and walked towards Luke’s room. “Hey Luke, do you have an extra jersey?” I asked him as he looked up from his magazine. “I don’t know. I haven’t unpacked actually.” He answered me as I walked to his bed. “What are you reading?” I asked him as he quickly took the magazine and put it under his pillow. “Oh my God! Don’t tell me you’re reading porn magazine!” I said screaming loudly as he put his finger on top of his lip and ran towards the door to lock it up.

“You are, aren’t you?” I asked him a grin plastered on my face.

“I am what?” He asked me his face red.

“Reading porn magazine, is it the newest Playboy magazine?” I asked him as he looked at me wide eyes.

“Mum’s going to kill me if I do that.” He told me as I laughed. “Yeah well, what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her right? Come on let me see it.” I told him as I held out my hand.

“Can’t you be like a normal sister and be disgusted and leave me alone?” He said sighing as he sat on the bed. I just laughed and nodded my head. “Where’s the fun in that?”

“Come on, the twins are going to come in here and mock me.” He told me as I laughed once again walking towards him.

“Believe me, I’m on your side they can’t make fun of you if I’m on your side. Oh the amount of time I caught them watching and reading porn.” I told him as he laughed.

“Go and be a normal girl.” He told me pushing my shoulder.

“Believe me when I say I can’t ever be normal when I see my brothers watching porn. It was too weird and funny.” I told him smiling.

“Just don’t tell them alright?” He told me as I nodded my head. I then looked at him and suddenly realization dawned on me.

“It’s not porn isn’t it?” I told him more than asked. He then looked as if he was caught red handed and I smacked his shoulder. “You’re a bad liar Luke.”

“What are you reading?” I asked him as I looked at him and he looked uncomfortable. I sighed and sat down next to him as he covered his face. “I want to be like them.” He told me as I just smiled at my brother as he covered his face. “Why want to be like them when you can be you kiddo?” I asked him as he looked at me. “Honestly, no one wants to be me. I don’t feel anything when I watched girls.” He told me as if daring me to reason with him.

“So?” I asked him as he sighed.

“You just don’t understand.” He said frustrated as he got up and clenched his fist.

“Then tell me.” I said looking at him.

“You’re not the person I need to talk to.” He said looking at me and I nodded my head. “Well just talk to someone. Don’t bottle it up squirt.” I was going to walk away when he called my name. “What if I’m gay?” He asked me and if he not talking to me didn’t shut me up, that certainly did.

“What are you talking about?” I asked him. He sighed and sat on the bed. “I’m scared Liz, I don’t feel anything when I look at girls. I mean I know they are beautiful but I don’t feel anything.” He told me as I just looked at him scared. He should have not confessed that to me. Out of the brothers he has, I’m the one he told that. Maybe Will was right. Maybe I was a bit oblivious. “I don’t know what to say.” I told him as he sighed. “But I’m here no matter what. That’s all I can say.” I told him ruffling his hair. “If I’m gay I don’t know what I’ll do.” He said as he looked at me his eyes sad.

“Let me tell you what I’ll do. I’m going to treat you the same and you can be all depressed about it but guess what I don’t give a damn. I’m going to make sure you’ll get yourself a handsome boyfriend and if his not good looking I’m going to kick your ass and I’m going to kill the other four boys if they give you a hard time about it.” I told him making him laughed. “I never said I was interested in boys Ellie. I’m just not interested in girls.” He told me as I laughed. “How can you be gay if you’re not interested in guys?”

“I don’t know.” He told me shrugging.

“God, how can you be gay if you don’t feel anything looking at a guy?” I asked him as he shrugged once again. “Now I’m never going to get those five minutes I wasted listening to you.” I told him making him laughed. “You’re not gay.” I said ruffling his hair. I then walked towards his pillow and pick it up and there was a seventeen magazine. Can you believe that?

“Now I’m back to worrying.” I told him picking up the magazine. He laughed at me and chucked a pillow at my face. “I just wanted to know if I can get anything on how to charm a girl. Maybe if I get myself a girlfriend. I can actually be interested in one.” He told me as I smiled and throw the magazine on his bed. “You are a brother to three man-whores. I don’t think you need any tips.” I said getting out of his room and walking towards Gabe’s. I knocked his door and opened it.

“Ellie, you actually get in after the person inside says you can.” Gabe told me as I shrugged. I looked at him with Paul who looked at me weirdly. God what’s wrong with people and knocking? The twins never knock when they come to my room. They just barge in as if they’re invited in. God, why did I have to think that now I know I’m wrong. “Fine.” I told him as I closed the door knocked and waited for him.

“Ellie, come on in. You’re already in what’s the point in going out and knocking again if you are already inside.” I told him as I sighed. “I don’t get the point of knocking in the first place. This is my house too and if you guys don’t want to let me in just locks your door.” I told him as he sighed. “What do you want?”

“Do you have an extra jersey?” I asked him grinning as he points his finger towards his drawers. “It’s somewhere in there. Where’s yours?” He asked me continuing his work. “It’s somewhere in my room.” I told him as I opened his drawer to find it. “Where are you guys going?” He asked me.

“Basketball.” I answered him grabbing a yellow jersey from his drawer and slamming the drawer shut. “Where is it?” He asked me as I looked at him and shrug. “Beats me.” I told him as he looked at me and shut his eyes. “Don’t tell me you guys are going on one of those stupid adventures where you try to look for something then you end up not finding it and just wasting money on gas.” He said looking at me and sighing. “No, no we’re not doing that.” I said trying to cover for our plan that was sounding quite stupid when it’s being said out loud by Gabe.

“There’s one near the border. It’s for public use.” Paul said making the both of us turned our heads to look at him. “I can give you the direction if you want one.” He said making me grinned. “There you go. That’s where we’re going.” I told Gabe as he sighed. “It’s near the border right?” I asked Paul as he smiled showing his pearly white teeth and nodding his head. “Yup.”

“Great.” I told him as I slipped the jersey on over my tank top and looking it in the mirror.

“Wow, you’re huge Gabe.” I told him as I looked at the over-sized jersey I was wearing. It actually almost reached my knee. “I’ll just steal Nat’s.” I told him pulling it off and putting it on his bed. “Thanks by the way.” I told Paul as he chuckled at Gabe’s expression and smiled at me. I walked out of the room going towards Nat.

“Thank you for wasting my precious time.” I heard Gabe loud voice. “You are welcome.” I told him screaming back knocking on Nat’s door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kind of boring now..
but It'll get better once Paul know that she actually goes to his school...
and actually wants her.. =D
So comment...and ENJOY!

Elizabeth