Status: Slow

The Only Exception

Kanye West

I didn’t know what went wrong. All I know was my hand won’t move anymore like it used too. It was pathetic of me not to be able to draw. I never had this kind of problem, not even once and all of sudden this thing happen. Why couldn’t my hand move like it used too? Did I lose my magic? Did I lose my gift? I’m not one to brag but art is something I know. Something that I do well in. Anything that has to do with arts, you name it. I can do it.

I can dance. I can do ballet. I can draw. I can sing. I can play instruments. I can take beautiful pictures. I can draw. That’s what I do best; draw, but now? What should I do when my hand won’t move? What can I do really? Nothing was the only thought I can think of for the last forty minutes. “Miss Greene, please if we are not a bother can you answer my question. What is the answer to this equation?” I looked at the black board and quickly looked at my brother for help and a great help he was. Drooling on his text book without anyone noticing; how can he do that and get away with it?

I didn’t know why I can’t think. Usually I’m very good with surprised attacks like this. Just keep calm and answer the freaking question Ellie. “Do you know the question Miss Greene?” Mrs. Bronze asked again. I just nodded my head and tried to concentrate. I looked at the board deciphering the question. “Sit down Miss Greene. Next time it’ll be great if you could stop day dreaming and listen to me. Go see the principal after class.” She said turning around.

“Negative 47.” I said and everyone looked at me. “What Miss Greene?” Mrs. Bronze asked. “X is negative 47.” I said louder this time. “Good job. Now if you will please wake your brother up.” She said turning around and the bell rung loudly waking the sleeping William. “And tell your brother to go see the principal with you.” She said and I just sighed sitting back down and grabbing all my things.

“Where were you two?” Josh asked excitedly seeing us sit down with our lunch tray. “Principal office.” I told him and he grinned. “Wow, you are beating the master huh?” Nate said laughing and I laughed mockingly. “Very funny.” I said and they just grinned. Will was too busy stuffing his mouth with food that he forgot about the whole in trouble thing.

“Detention?” Luke asked me and I shook my head smiling. “Will sweet talk us out of it.” I said and Will looked up grinning proudly. “My schweet mouch isfh jush so harsd to denihy.” He said with his mouth full. I looked at him and at the twins who looked at me and the three of us looked at Luke. He shrugged and we all pretended as if he didn’t say anything. He rolled his eyes and Nate patted his back. “We don’t speak idiot.” Nate said seriously and all of us burst out laughing.

I was going to walk to my next class alone when suddenly someone called my name. I ignored it, in an attempt to stay away from breaking hearts. I had some remorse in me and I thought I should stop playing hearts; maybe just maybe I’ll stop playing with guys. I walked faster but the voice was never drowned by the too hyper teenage kids here. The voice kept calling me his voice more prominence every time I walked faster.

I felt a hand touched my shoulder and I quickly turned around my vision blurry and my legs tangled. I was going to fall but then I quickly grabbed on the nearest guy who was walking next to me. He wasn’t strong enough. That was an understatement to say the least. We both fell down and the best thing was he fell on top of me. I groaned with pain as the guy did too. I looked in front of me and saw a scrawny kid with glasses too big for him and curly hair. His eyes were wide when they met mine and quickly got his cheeks red. Isn’t he cute?

He said sorry and quickly walked away scared of me. What did I do? I didn’t even start terrorizing kids yet. I sighed and saw Paul in front of me pulling the kid by his back pack. I looked at him and back at Paul. “What are you doing?” I asked him and he looked at me. “Apologize properly.” Paul said and I just looked at Paul shocked.

“Him apologize? Him? This guy apologizes?” I asked him pointing at the nerdy kid and he nodded his head. “What did he do?” I asked him and I looked at the nerdy kid who was looking scared as shit. “Yeah, what did I do?” The kid asked and I nodded my head. “He fell on top of you.” Paul said as if that was the most obvious thing in the world. “I grab onto him.” I said and Paul looked at me with disbelief. “Let go of him.” I said pulling Paul’s hand away from the kid’s backpack. He eventually let go but still he looked at me.

“I’m Elizabeth.” I said holding my hand out for the nerdy kid. I should stop calling him that. “I know.” He said taking my hand smiling shyly. “I mean I’m Nicholas Freeman.” He said and I nodded my head smiling. “Nice to meet you, but I’ve got to go.” He said running away from Paul. I looked at Paul who was looking bothered. I readjusted my bag and walked away. Paul pulled my wrist and I just looked at him. “I’m Paul.” He said smiling and I just nodded my head and walked away.

“I’m just wondering if you want to go out with me after school today.” He asked me walking beside me and I just looked at him and smiled. “I don’t date douche bag.” I told him and he looked angered by what I said. “Well that’s not what I heard.” He said rolling his eyes. “Well then you heard wrong; might as well fix that after you fix your attitude.” I told him walking angrily to class. “But if I fix my attitude, I don’t think you’ll like me anymore. Since you only date douche bags to make you look better.” He told me and I stopped dead on my track, surprised by his sudden rudeness.

“Well then don’t even bother, ever after you change your attitude I can put Kanye West beside you and you’ll still be the bigger douche bag, because honestly he tried to make up for it. Something I don’t think a jerk like you can do.” I told him angrily but he looked lost. Don’t tell me he doesn’t know who the hell Kanye West is. I didn’t bother asking him but I just walked inside my class fuming with anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but I'm planning on updating two chapters today since I'm not going to update until after 11th October... =D

ENJOY!!!

Elizabeth