Forget Me, It's That Simple.

trois.

"Hey babe, I'm going to be working in the office late tonight. Don't wait up for me. Love you." I rolled my eyes as I laid on my couch watching old re-runs of Full House. I absolutely hated when Noah worked late. I hated going to bed by myself, and I absolutely hated not being able to cuddle and snuggle up next to his warm body on cold nights.

Like tonight unfortunately.

I laid there holding onto my phone trying my hardest not to think of my encounter with Alex Gaskarth a week ago. I don't know why he wanted to meet up, and just run off five minutes later without even saying good-bye.

I mean I don't really care why he did that, but it was rude and pissing me off to no end. I just wanted to call him or text him and ask him what was up his ass that day, but the better judgement call on my behalf was to just forget about it. Forget about Alex like I did for three years.

But how can you truly forget your first love? I mean I never believed in that saying when I was a silly teenager, but that did change when I met him. I did love Alex, and the way things ended were just ... horrible. Things between us never were resolved, things were left unsaid between us. That whole situation between us was just a whole big pile of messiness.

I feel like I should be the bigger person in this situation and talk it out with Alex, but why the hell should I? He was the one who broke my heart. He was the one who slept with that dirty little hooker Samantha at his party.

And why the hell am I even thinking about him? Why the hell should I feel this way when i'm in love with Noah now. I'm going to marry Noah in less than six months. I should be looking through magazines trying to find a perfect dress, which I should have done that like a year ago, but I always procrastinate. It's in my nature to procrastinate, I should probably try to stop doing that though, especially with my wedding plans.

I wish I could have a switch that would make me stop thinking about these damn thoughts. That would be so lovely right now. Or I wish that I never ran into that stupid prick a week ago. Actually no, I wish I never fell in love with him. I wish that I could just forget about him entirely, and just forget about everything I felt about him. But I can't and I don't know why. I'm having so many mixed emotions that I feel like my heads about to explode all over my living room.

As I lay on the couch Noah and I bought together, I heard my phone go off as I received a text. Smiling I figured it'd be from my fiance, which he usually would leave me some lovey dovey text messages while he worked late in the office to show that he missed me and was thinking about me.

I looked at the clock, it was close to midnight so I turned off the television and turned off the living room lights as I walked into the bedroom. I changed into my pajamas and laid in bed. I grabbed my phone and my heart stopped as I read the text message.

Sads, I can't stop thinking about you. I need to see you again. I need to try to catch up with you like I originally wanted a week ago. Please answer your door when I ring. Please.

I just sat there trying not to cry as I re-read and re-read the text from Alex. My heart was beating against my chest, I'm sure my neighbors could hear it thumping from their apartment. My hands were shaking as I hit the reply button, but jumped ten feet in the air when I heard the loud 'ding!' Which meant that someone was ringing my door bell.

I slowly got up from my bed and slowly walked towards the living room. I stayed there for a good minute having a mental debate inside my head. Should I open the door? Should I act like I'm not home? Should I yell go away I don't want to see you ever again?

But my feet walked to the door, and I watched my shaky hand go to the lock and turn it. And I watched as my hand reached for the door knob and turned it.

My eyes were blurry from the threatening tears as I looked up and came face to face with Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, I'm so sorry that I took two years to update this story.
I had no motivation at all to write.

I hope I still have the same readers for this story.
And I hope I get new ones as well !

Leave comments? It'd be much appreciated!

Thank you :)