Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

004

Last night was interesting. I confronted Jayden after Miranda had gone to bed and he said he was just helping her make her ex jealous. I explained this to Miranda this morning and she was happy once again. The boys were at practice all night so I ended up writing the entire scene for drama by myself.

Miranda and I were sitting in the bleachers watching the team practice. There was only a week left until the homecoming game against our biggest rivals. I enjoyed sitting in the bleachers watching our team. It gave me something to do other than homework.

Miranda was finally accepting that she was falling for my brother. I knew this because the entire practice they were trying to flirt with each other. It was such an epic fail and made me stomach churn. Parker was, well being Parker. Charlie was trying to act flirty as she yelled at her girls to get into their pyramid. Amanda, the girl who Jayden was with yesterday, was I guess back with her ex. They were flirting the entire time causing him to get hit in the face by an interception he was supposed to make.

Our team was horrible today. Parker and Jayden were the only ones on their game, sad to say because they sucked too. Jared dropped the ball at least fifteen times, Max fell twice, and everyone else just sucked.

“If you guys play like that on Friday we are going to lose miserably!” I stated while getting into Jayden’s car.

“We’re exhausted. Coach is running drills like crazy,” Jayden complained.

When we got home that night we set up for our annual campout, or I guess camp-in would be a more appropriate word. Cassadee and Trevor had left for the weekend with Lexis so we had the house to ourself. The living room now had four blowup beds in it, a pile of food, four pizza boxes, and a stack of movies.

I sat on my bed that was stationed in front of the couch, Miranda came and sat on the one to my right. We always slept in the middle of the boys, some sort of tradition our parents started or something like that. The boys decided to watch Transformers. We all loved that movie but with Jayden and Parker drooling over Megan and making inappropriate comments it was hard to concentrate. After the movie ended I left to go to the bathroom, when I came back Parker was sitting on my bed.

“Parker get off my bed!” I yelled. I pushed him off my bed, which took a lot of energy if I might add.

After I got Parker off my bed we decided to play Mario Kart. I agreed but only if we made it interesting.

“Hmm let’s see, whoever loses the race has to ask someone to the homecoming dance in which the winner picks.” We all agreed on the bet and shook hands.

The game was very intense. We were all playing to win, which was unusual. Normally, Miranda wouldn’t take part in these bets. I made a mental note to ask what was up later. The race soon ended and we had no idea who won until the results screen showed up. It was me in first place, then Parker, Jayden, and then finally Miranda.

“Fuck yes!” I yelled.

“Damn it,” Miranda said.

Miranda knew why I had set this whole thing up. I wanted her to ask Jayden but she refused every time I brought it up.

“Well, well, well looks like Ms. Miranda lost,” I said smirking.

“Josylne you don’t even have to say it I know already,” She said standing up. She got off her bed and walked over to my left where Jayden’s bed sat. “Homecoming?” She asked. It was the sweetest most embarrassing thing ever. She asked it so innocently with a slight blush on her cheeks. Jayden of course said yes and pulled her into his lap.

“Awwwww!” I yelled and fell on to my bed. My mission was complete. Everything was perfect.

“Wait we have a problem now,” Miranda said. She had this weird sparkle in her eye that I had never seen before. It looked like she was thinking of something mischievous. Oh shit! “You don’t have a date now.”

“That’s not a problem. I’d rather not go with a guy,” I stated matter-of-factly

“You should go with Parker,” She stated like it was a completely normal suggestion. What the hell happened to my Miranda?

“What!” Parker and I both yelled in unison.

“Oh come on, you guys it would be fun!” She said. We both declined the offer immediately. So that’s why she was playing so competitively I thought to myself.

By the end of the night we ate all four boxes of pizza and everything else we had with us. It was amazing how much four teenagers could eat. Jayden and Miranda were cuddling on her bed while Parker and I argued over what movie to watch. We ended up just watching TV and then we all fell asleep.

At around three it started raining really hard and then came the thunder. I was terribly afraid of thunder, ever since I was three years old. I looked over to where Jayden and Miranda were but they looked so adorable. I couldn’t bare to interrupt their sleep. I tried to just force myself back to sleep but it was a lost cause. I had no choice but to turn to my last resort.

“Parker?” I whispered toward the bed furthest away from me.

“What?” He asked. It sounded like he was half asleep.

“Are you awake?” I asked.

“No, I’m talking in my sleep,” He said sarcastically rolling over to face me. “If that’s why you woke me up I’m gonna kill you.”

“Ha-ha funny,” I said returning the sarcasm. It wasn’t the smoothest thing because after my words left my mouth a huge streak of thunder came causing me to scream.

“Jesus Josylne!” He said rubbing his ears. “ Are you still afraid of thunder?”

I nodded my head in response. He motioned for me to come lie next to him. I climbed over the bed between us and sat next to him on his bed. I relaxed and laid down next to him. Another round of thunder came and he wrapped his arms around my waist in the hopes of calming me down.

“This is gonna be hell explaining this tomorrow,” I said out loud.

“Eh it won’t be that bad,” He said.

“You obviously don’t know your sister,” I stated rolling my eyes.

“Hey I got a question.” He said. I rolled over to face him and motioned for him to continue. “Do you ever get tired of arguing over stupid shit with me?”

What the hell. This was not Parker talking. This was not the Parker that pushed me into a pool on my eighth birthday. “Let’s remember who started this war,” I said.

“Fuck Josylne you’re still holding that grudge?” He asked sarcastically.

“Parker, you ruined my eighth birthday party. Not to mention you didn’t even bother helping me out of the pool and didn’t care to think that I was freezing considering it was fucking January when you push me in,” I said irritated.

“Josylne that was fucking eight year ago get over it. I’m sorry okay,” He actually sounded sincere.

“Thanks, I guess,” I said. “As for the arguing thing, its a part of who we are. Its our way of living.”

“Well can we at least stop arguing over stupid little shit?” He asked.

“Fine,” I said and rolled back over so my back was facing him. Twenty minutes had passed and I thought he had gone to sleep. Another round of thunder began and I jumped.

“Ssh you’re fine,” Parker whispered and pulled me in closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one weekend. I'm on a role. Had so much fun rewriting the thunder scene. I did miss these characters. Anyways hope you guys like it and please comment. :)