Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

005

I woke up the next morning cuddled up to Parker. I prayed to god that Jayden and Miranda were still asleep. I wiggled my way out of Parker’s grip and when I did I was face to face with an awoken Miranda. She was giving me this dumbfounded look. I could tell she couldn’t believe what she saw. She hadn’t said anything so I walked to the kitchen. Jayden was still asleep thank god. As I poured a bowl of cereal Miranda came in.

“What was that about?” She asked confused.

“Well, you see, there was thunder last night. You know I am terribly afraid of thunder and well you and Jayden already looked cramped so I turned to my last result.” Shrugging my shoulders as if it was no big deal, even though it was a huge deal. I wanted to tell Miranda everything he said last night but I knew that was a bad idea.

“It sure didn’t look like that,” She said still unsure.

“Miranda are you kidding me? It was everything I just explained I swear,” I was now extremely irritated.

“Fine, fine,” She said in surrender.

After that whole little scene Jayden woke up and took Miranda out to breakfast. I stayed home because I didn’t feel like being a third-wheel. I went back to the living room and went to lay on my bed. I was intently watching a show when I started hearing noises coming from next to me.

“What time is it?” Parker asked sleepily.

“Almost one,” I answered without directing my attention away from the show. They were about to say who the murderer was. Parker obviously didn’t care I was watching because he started talking again.

“Where is everyone?” He asked sitting up.

“At breakfast.”

“Did they see us this morning?” He asked obviously referring to last night. Sometime I wonder if his brain actually works.

I wanted to yell no shit they saw us, but I restrained myself. “Your sister did,” I said finally looking away from the television. Parker was shirtless. Weird, I thought he had a shirt on last night. Parker always had a nice body and the way the sun was hitting him was making it even more attractive. What the hell was I saying?

“Did she believe you?”

Oh my god he really is an idiot. “Of coarse she did,” sarcasm found in my voice. “This is your sister we are talking about here.”

He just shrugged his shoulders. We sat there in silence for awhile until he started talking again. “Did you ever finish that play thing for drama or whatever?”

“Yes, by myself if I may add.” I didn’t mind doing it by myself what bothered me was the fact that he didn’t even bother to help once.

“What’s it about?” He asked obviously trying to change the subject of how he didn’t help.

“You’d know if you actually did the assignment, but since I did it you have no clue. Its about a guy and girl who were best friends but when they went to college they lost touch ‘cause they were across the country. They meet up one day unexpectedly and they realize that they both never got married. They both said they had agreed to never be with someone if it wasn’t each other. And then they live happily ever after.”

“Sounds like a chick flick type of thing.”

“No shit! Maybe if you had helped me it wouldn’t have turned out that way, but since you didn’t think to help me this is what you’re stuck with it.” He was being typical asshole Parker. God how I wish I could slap him right now.

“We’ll get a better grade this way,” He said using his dumbness as an excuse for his laziness.

***
Parker and I practiced for a while before I went and hid in my room. Jayden and Miranda stayed out the whole day. I guess it was their first real date. Parker left around three to go over to Max’s house to help him with something. Cassadee arrived home later that day. I helped her put Lexis to bed for her nap and then we just hung out.

“How was the trip?” I asked making small talk at first. Her and I were close but the beginnings of our conversations were always awkward.

“Wonderful! Trevor didn’t think about work once, but as soon as we got here he left back to the office.” She was disappointed. I knew she loved Trevor but she didn’t love how she never saw him.

“Cass, you can’t be sad he’s working to help support Lexis and you. Your lucky most guys would have left, especially after having to live with four teenagers on top of a little one!” I said giving her reassurance.

“I know Josy its just hard. I want him to be with me all the time but I know he can’t. I’m sure you’ll understand one day. Anyway, what’s up with you? How was the campout, er I mean camp-in?”

“It was awesome. We made a bet about who would win in Mario Kart and the winner got to make the loser ask someone to homecoming. I won and well Miranda and Jayden are going to homecoming on Friday and-”

“Awww how adorable!” She interrupted.

“I know right! It was a fun night, oh aside from the thunder. I had to sleep next to Parker the entire night cause I was so afraid. He kept telling me to shush and like hugging me it was really awkward. Not to mention he told me he wants to stop fighting over stupid shit and that I shouldn’t still hold the grudge from when I was eight,” I rambled on.

“What?” Cassadee said in shock. “You and Parker? Hmm never thought I’d see the day.”

“No. Cass wrong. You will never see that day! He was my last resort that’s all!” I said yelling. I hate when she jumped to conclusions.

“Josylne-Grace never say never."

“You weren’t even there!” I yelled and ran to my room. I hated when people told me things I didn’t like. I had a bad habit of running away and locking myself up when things like this happened.

I stayed in my room the rest of the night. I wasn’t mad at Cassadee I was just exhausted. I didn’t know what to believe after everything from yesterday. I mean Miranda was trying to set me up with him, he randomly started being nice, and now Cass told me this. I didn’t want to believe any of it. I mean Parker wouldn’t like me, no way in hell! We hated each other that was the only relationship we had, the only one I wanted.

When Miranda got home she must have talked to Cassadee because she came running into my room screaming things like why didn’t I tell her and this changes everything. Instead of being the good best friend I turned my already loud music up louder so I couldn’t hear her. Miranda was a very determined person and didn’t like when I was being stubborn.

“Josylne-fucking-Grace listen to me!” She yelled and ripped my headphones out of my ears.

“What do you want?” I asked irritated.

“Why are you shutting Cass out?”

“'Cause I don’t want to listen to what she’s saying.”

“Well, your going to listen to me. I think Parker likes you. End of story,” She said with a smirk on my face.

I was furious. I was confused. I was fed up with these lies. I yelled at Miranda. “Miranda shut up! I don’t fucking care! I don’t want to fucking hear it! Its a lie and you know it! Please just leave me alone!”

She knew something was definitely bothering me. Sure Miranda and I got into fights but I never really screamed at her unless I was truly upset. She had it coming though. The whole subject of people liking me was always a touchy subject with me since I was a teenager. Her and Cass were bring up feelings that I had buried deep inside.

“Fine Josy, but you’re going to have to talk about it eventually. You know where I am,” She said calmly and left my room.

As soon as she left I turned my music back on. I was so frustrated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovely readers! Here's is the update for this weekend hopefully another one will be coming. This has some original parts but most of this is new. Somethings are mentioned that will be found out later. The next update should be the long awaited homecoming once. I am very excited to rewrite that one and make it 10 times better. Thank you to my 24 subscribers and the lovely dream_for_forever for commenting. This update is for you. Well everyone enjoy. Any suggestions or just comments please let me know :)