Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

006

Homecoming had finally arrived. This week had been crazy. After Saturday's events unfolded Cass and Miranda dropped the subject and things went back to normal. Parker and I got an A on my scene.

Today was the day of the game so our school was full of school spirit. Our grizzly boys were in their jerseys ready to kick some major ass. The cheerleaders were in their uniforms and everyone else had face paint, homemade shirts, or our colors on.

“Class please calm down!” Mr. Walker yelled. Pre-Calculus and a bunch of hyped of teenager didn’t mix well. “I need to take attendance!” He yelled even louder.

After he did what he had to the football team and cheerleaders were released. Since I was the water girl I went too. I walked with Parker since we had the same first period.

“Ready for tonight?” I asked trying to make things less awkward. Which seemed to be happening a lot lately.

“I think so,” He said shrugging.

“You think? We’ll never win with that attitude! You have to win. This is the last homecoming game you’ll ever play here!”

“Very true. We just got to keep Jared on his game and we’ll be fine,” He said sounding more confident.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure of it. I mean I am on the bench.” I glared at him. Being water girl turned out to be somewhat fun, not that I would admit that. I was always close to the football guys but they have become like a second family to me these last couple of weeks, something I needed.

“You know you love that job!” He said with a smirk.

I wasn’t going back there so I found a seat at the bottom of the gym so I could get up when it was time to announce the boys. Miranda found me as students started pilling in.

Our principal came out and talked to us about how at the game tonight we couldn’t be rude that no one ever listened too.

After all the performances I stood up. Since I was water girl Coach had given me the privilege of announcing the team.

“Please give it up for our 2014 varsity boys. Make some noise grizzles,” I yelled into the mic. The boys came running out screaming and chanting things along with the crowd. Coach talked for a bit thanking everyone and Jayden and Parker both said some things.

***
The bleachers were full on both sides. Our side was full of blue and white for our grizzlies while the away side was full of orange and black for the Valley High Tigers. I was sitting along side the boys on the bench. Miranda was down here to but she was talking to Amanda before she had to start cheering.

Within the first two minutes we had scored. The game was close the entire night. By the start of the 4th quarter the score was 21-21. The Tigers had the ball so Jayden and Parker were getting a drink of water before they had to go back to the field.

“Come on boys we can do this!” I said and wished them luck.

Our defense had managed to hold the Tigers from scoring and the ball was know ours. There was 1:20 left on the clock and we had 20 yards to go and only one more down to score. We sure as hell did not want to go into overtime. The crowd was going crazy both sides were yelling and on their feet. Even out principal was into the game.

“Let’s end this thing, boys!” I yelled from where I stood by the bench.

Parker threw the ball straight to Jayden and he began running. The clock was ticking and everyone was screaming. Jayden was 15, 10, 5 yards away from scoring. Our boys were holding the tigers back and Jayden had a clear path to the in zone. The stands were screaming, I was screaming, the team was screaming. Jayden reached the in-zone and just as he crossed the touchdown line some fat ass Tiger tackled him to the ground. The stands went wild. We won! The time ran out and even more cheers erupted. Jayden was up from the ground but was holding his wrist. We all rushed the field. The boys were yelling victory chants and everyone else was just screaming. When I reached Jayden he was still holding his wrist.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Yeah its sprained though, Dude coach is gonna murder me,” Jayden said to Parker.

“Eh knowing you you’ll just ice it and still play.” We all laughed at this comment. The team was all still hyped up. Jayden went to get his wrist taped up before returning to the field to celebrate.

The stand were beginning to clear as everyone piled into the gym for the dance. Our school always had the dance right after the game. I walked in with the football boys. They were still in their jerseys all sweaty and gross. Miranda ran up and hugged Jayden right away, they walked off to dance. I went into the bathroom to straighten out my hair that I had been pulling at the entire game.

Everyone was having so much fun. The energy was amazing. We were all proud of our boys. For once everyone was happy to be a student here in this hell hole.

Even without a date I danced the whole night long. When a slow song came on I would step off the floor and let the couples have their moment, and of coarse watch my adorable brother and best friend. Max asked me to dance with him during one song and I did. He was making me laugh the entire time. I never realized how much of a dork he really was.

The night was almost ending. The DJ was playing 'She will be loved' I was by the punch bowl slightly swaying side to side. I loved this song.

"Hey," Parker said. He scared me and I began to blush because he probably just saw me dancing by myself. "Would you like a dance partner?" he asked smirking.

"Sure," I said.

Parker took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I placed mine around his neck. We just swayed back and forth to the beat of the music and Adam Levinge's sexy voice. I could feel people staring at us. I shrugged it off. It was probably just Charlie being jealous. When the song ended I hugged and thanked Parker and then walked away.

The dance ended and we all went back home. Everyone was watching a movie downstairs but I went to my room instead.

I laid in the darkness recapping the events from tonight. That was definitely the best homecoming ever. After I danced with Parker though my mind had began to bother me. As I laid in bed I processed the information that was driving me insane. I was not pleased with my answer.

Cassadee and Miranda may have thought that Parker liked me and I still doubt that. Tonight proved one of my biggest fear to be coming true. I think my feelings for Parker were coming back, and they were definitely stronger than my eight year old crush.

I didn’t want to like Parker. It was wrong and awkward and out of character. I was breaking a promise I made eight years ago and more importantly I was setting my heart up for severe heartbreak.

I pushed all that aside by turning on my music. I began to think about the game again. If our boys played like that from now on we were so going to win state.

As I was drifting to sleep I heard a gentle knock at my door. "Josylne?" I heard Parker whispered.

"Yeah?" I rolled over so I could see him. He was standing in my door way in his pajamas

“Can I come in, they fell asleep down there?”

"Why don't you go to you room?"

“Lexis is asleep in there and I don't want to wake her."

I laughed. Lexis loved Parker. You'd think they were related. I guess Parker can even make a four year old fall for him.

"Just sleep on the couch. There's a pillow and a blanket in the corner," I pointed.

I was almost asleep when Parker began to speak. "Jos one last thing, can I talk to you?"

This can't be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
The long awaited homecoming! I absolutely love this chapter one of my favorites. I was up all night working on this and the next chapter so sorry if there are some errors, typing on an itouch when you're use to a computer is very difficult.