Blessings and Nightmares

Ten

(Lilia's pov)

I woke up in the middle of the night having to get a drink for my dry throat. I yawned as I stumbled down the steps and into the Cullen kitchen. I was now fully awake as I turned on the cold water from the sink and not knowing where the glasses where I drank from my hands.

"What are you doing?" A voice spoke turning on the lights.

STOP!! Thought immediately stopping time.

I look at the water to see it frozen in motion, my eyes then drifted up to see Carlisle standing frozen in the door way wearing plaid red pajama pants and a tight gray t-shirt that showed off his muscles.

"Oh..." I sighed catching my breath. I looked over at the clock on the oven to see it was already midnight.

PLAY!!

I jumped a little actting like he scarred me. "Oh it's you...." I said pausing to place my right hand on my heart. "Gosh you scarred me, could you warn a girl next time." I continued smiling slightly so he would know I was joking.

He smiled slightly. "oh I'm sorry I did not mean to frighten you. But what are you doing up at such an hour?"

"I needed a drink cause my throat was dry." I explained simply. "Why are you up?"

"I'm up cause I heard you get up."

We then heard a scream that belonged to Ashley. I bolted to the door way without thinking. But before I could even make it to the stairs Carlisle grabbed my arm stopping me.

"What are you do-" I started struggling, but Carlisle cut me off.

"Edward will calm her. OK?"

I stopped struggling at hearing his calming words and it also helped that I heard Ashley stop screaming. I smiled slightly and turned back to him looking into his sad eyes.

I looked at him with confusion. "Whats wrong?" I questioned.

"Let's talk in my room." Carlisle whispered entwining our fingers together and led me upstairs. His hand was freezing cold but it was comfortable, like when you lay outside in the snow during winter. You could lay outside for hours but at the same time you could get sick.

We walked into Carlisle's dark room I couldn't really see any details in the space since it was so dark, but thankfully there was a small light coming from a closet of sorts. "Scared of the dark?" I questioned as he pulled me to his bed.

He chuckled lightly before sitting down and I easily followed suit beside him. "No not really I was just up thinking to myself."

I nodded unsure to lay down or not.

"You can go a head and lay down if you want I don't want to keep you awake, but at least tomorrow is Saturday." He said trying to make light conversation.

I smiled crawling over to the side that was closest to the wall and snuggled under the thick comforter. "Arn't you going to lay down?" I asked looking up at him as he smiled at me.

Carlisle smiled crawling in under the blanket with me. We layed there together staring into the others eyes. But he soon broke the silence his voice in a whisper.

"Would it be ok if I kissed you." He asked bluntly I only nodded as we each started to lean in.

When our lips touched his lips where cold but at the same time I felt a shock go through me and immediately kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck as he slid his hand to my hip. I got the courge to take control and was now partially on top of him. Carlisle didn't seem to mind until he hesitantly broke away.

"Wait I want to take things slow and...." He trailed off afraid of what he was about to say.

"It's about your wife isn't it?" I asked saddened as I layed my head down on the white fluffy pillow behind me.

"Yes. I'm sorry, It's just I'm ready to move on but at the same time I feel like I'm betraying her." He explained sadly.

"If you feel that way then why did you bring me here wanting a date?" I asked already knowing the answer.

He sighed looking down in my eyes holding himself up on hi elbow. "Because by you being here little by little is helping me move on and in the future I would like for us to be a couple....But not yet I'm sorry but I'm just not over her."

"I understand." I said turning to him with a gentle smile, even though I felt like he ripped a place of my heart.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome. Now go to sleep we both need our rest. Night." I smiled fakly but he couldn't tell.

"Night. Sweet dreams." Carlisle said kissing my forehead then layed back down.

I made sure he wasn't touching me before I stopped time again wanting to go check on Ashley and make sure she's okay.

When I walked in I saw her and Edward cuddled up together on the bed. "Awww I have to get a picture of this." I thought happily tiptoeing outside to my car and getting my camera that I always kept in the glove compartment. I snuck back to there room and quickly snapped a picture before quietly returning the device to my car. Then feeling extremely tired now walked to Carlisle's room and took my place before I let time continue.

I smiled to my self knowing that Ashley would be mad, but then again I maybe wrong. I thought as sleep slowly consumed me.

~~Morning~~

In the morning I woke up with my head laying on Carlisle's cold chest, my arm wrapped around his ribs/mid chest, and my left leg laying over his hips. Once I realized that I was piratically on top of him I jumped up to to he was a wake.

I looked down at him wide eyed. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked horrified, I could feel my cheeks turning red so I pulled the sheet up to just below my eyes to try and hide my embarrassment.

Carlisle chuckled tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry but you looked so peaceful I just didn't have the heart. Now come on I think Alice is making breakfast."

I nodded slowly getting up still embarrassed and made my way to the kitchen to smell pancakes bacon and eggs. When we walked in I saw Alice and Rosalie fluttering around cooking.

"Wow everything smells amazing. Do you need any help?" I asked standing by the counter waiting to be told what to do.

"Umm no. Thank you though. We'll be done in a few minutes if you want to see if Ashley and Edward to come eat."

I nodded walking back up stairs hearing them talk as I neared the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay I haope u like and please please please comment....oh and we may need an idea or so so if u have any dont be afriad to voice them to us its not like we're going to chew you out if we hate it...lol ^_^ oh and to the ones that have already commented thank you^_^ hope u enjoy.