Blessings and Nightmares

Impatient. (added to)

Edward had left about an hour ago, leaving me to sit here and worry. But thankfully Jacob and Seth were here to keep me company, and hopefully Edward or someone would call with some news soon.

I hated worrying over things like this; I hated worrying ever. I knew how important it was to everyone, especially Edward and Blaire, because I had to show them both that I was calm enough to handle thing.

I could easily make things worse. I wouldn’t risk testing my limit of how much I could handle.

I wish Edward didn’t have to go, he should have, could have stayed - if I begged him hard enough. I hardly tried to, though. Which is what I do regret.

I sat here, in between Seth and Jacob while Blaire slept peacefully on her crib. Everyone else seemed calm, apparently thinking that things would be alright. I, on the other hand, couldn’t think that.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair stressfully. My eyes wandered from the blank screen of the television and over to the crib. I smiled tiredly, at least Blaire could sleep through this.

My mind wandered aimlessly as my stare caught on to the plain colored wall to my right. Now just realizing what was going on in my life, I smiled at the thought that Edward was the one who was always there for me. Throughout my pregnancy; throughout dealing with this gift that I have. Letting Lilia and I stay in his home with his family.

It’s like he was my perfect match all along. He was the perfect father figure for Blaire, and the perfect man for me.

And like that was the way to snap out of my thoughts, I suddenly snapped and yelled, “When the hell are they going to call!?” I instantly regretted it when Blaire did all but scream and cry over the shouting.

I let myself struggle to my feet, but Jacob pulled me back down and gestured to Seth to get Blaire. We watched as he walked over and picked her up, and instantly she stopped crying and just looked up at him with wonder.

I smiled lightly at Seth who looked up with a bright beam on his face. He walked back over to us and sat down, rocking her in his arms.

Jacob pulled me close to him, kissing my head before whispering, “Everything is going to be alright, Ashley.”

I sighed, and slowly shook my head, curling up into Jacob’s warm arms. “I can’t believe that.”

Suddenly the phone rang and I was out of my seat within two seconds. I answered on the third ring with an antsy, “Hello?”

“Ashley?” It was Edward, I sighed in relief.

“Oh, Edward, it’s so good to hear your voice. Are you alright, did you find Lilia?”

There was silence on the other end, and then words that shattered my heart into pieces. “Ashley, we found your sister’s necklace.”

"No." I whispered into the phone fearing for my sister's life, thinking about what these vampires were capable of. "Where did you find it Edward?" I asked trying to stay calm.

"In an ally way. On the ground." He explained in concern.

"Our father gave her that necklace for graduating high school she NEVER takes it off." I said thinking of the possibilities.

"Stay calm Ashley we'll find her. OK?" He asked trying to calm me.

I took a deep breath before replaying. "OK. Just please be careful." I whispered wishing that he were here with me.

"Ever thing will be fine, But I have to go." Edward said soothingly.

"Aright. Bye." I whispered hesitantly, praying that my new family would come home safely.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's short. D:
I have a certain, stupid thing called WRITER'S BLOCK.
It sucks. :/

oh and we're thinking about writing a sequel but we need more comments so please tell us what u think....

Hope you all like this...