One Day in Your Life

I Wont Run Anymore.

The days were all a blur.

I woke up at 2 in the morning. I felt my water break.

"Mom!" I yelled from my room.

"What is it!" she came running in.

"I think my water just broke." I panted out.

She didn't know what to do. That's when my bitch mode came on and I yelled at her to get her car. She sped to the hospital and got a wheelchair out for me.

Hours later, I was beginning to feel the pain. It was unbearable.

The doctor said I had no time and that the baby was coming out sooner then expected.

I pushed and pushed and begged that this baby would be born already.

There was a male nurse along with my mother holding my hand. I wished it had been Michael holding my hand instead.

In my head I heard Michaels voice screaming "That's my son!"

The voice was getting closer. What I thought was my imagination turned into reality as Michael crashed through the door.

I cried as he came by my side to hold my hand.

I couldn't believe that I would have hid something like this from him. I felt like a bad mother already.

"I'm so sorry."

His face held no other expression but sadness. He whispered "We'll talk later."

I pushed one last time and the baby came out. I saw Michaels eyes light up as he saw the baby boy come out.

Never have I seen Michael look so happy.

He looked at me as if asking if he could hold the baby first and I nodded. It was the least I could do.

"He has a big head." He laughed,"What's his name?"

I thought about for a second,"Prince."

"I like that name." he said letting the baby curl his tiny hand around his finger.

I was out of the hospital the next day. Michael and I haven't talked much about me leaving.

Janet was watching the baby with Michael and stepped outside to talk.

Amy and David
walked in through the front door and gave me flowers and "it's a boy" balloons.

"So, who's the mystery dad? Is he here?"

As she said that Michael entered the room and Amy and David turned to look at me with wide eyes.

"Michael, this is Amy and David. They live across the street."

"Nice to meet you both." he smiled politely.

Both Amy and David noticed the tension in the room and excused themselves, going out back with my parents and Janet.

"Why'd you do it?" he said breaking the silence."I spent months looking for you. Every night I would think and pray to God that you were alright. Now this? You tried to hide my very own son from me?"

I sat quietly trying not to make eye contact.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why Cassidy? I thought we weren't keeping secrets. I thought you loved me."

I let the tears fall,"I did this for you!I don't want to ruin your career and have you hate me. I wasn't trying to hurt anyone!"

"I love you. I wanted to have children with you! Cassidy, you're my dream girl, my everything. I want to have a family with you, I want to spend my life with you. There's no way I could hate you."

"I won't let myself ruin your career."

He placed his finger under my chin, lifting so he could kiss me.

"Cassidy, you aren't ruining my career. I'll make plenty more albums. Having a child won't change anything. I love you and Prince." he kissed me again.

"I missed that." he said smiling at me.

"I have too. How's the tour been?" I asked as we went to sit in my room.

"We lost you. Then Tatianna. Pretty hectic right now."

"What happened to Tatianna?"

He gave me a look that said he didn't really wanna tell me.

"What'd she do?"

"She tried to get me and her together. We were doing the song and she kissed me."

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Baby, don't worry. I didn't feel anything when she did. If anything I thought of you. You're the only girl for me."

How I missed him calling me baby.

"How did you find out about me?"

"Janet. Called me late one night. She said she couldn't hide something like that from me."

"You probably hate me for it don't you?"

"I can't ever hate you. I was just upset."

"I'm sorry. I was just looking out for you though."

"Gavin has called asking about you everyday."

"My parents told me he does that there too. Surprised He hasn't thought that I was dead yet."

"Don't say that Cass, I need you here."

I smiled at Michael as he seemed sincere.

"Do you still love me Cassidy?"

The fact that he had to ask that hurt me a little. I didn't think he would ever get the idea in his head that I didn't love him.

"Michael, You didn't need to ask. Of course I do. I still love you."

He leaned forward and kissed me.

"I just wanted to know. I missed you."

"Let's go see the baby."

I held the baby in my arms. He had my light brown skin color but he looked just like Michael. I did not care that my baby was mixed. He was absolutely beautiful just the way he was and he was mine and Michaels baby. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I can't believe we have a son together." He said smiling down at Prince.

"Me either. Are you going back on tour tomorrow?"

"I'm spending a week here with you and the baby."

He set Prince sleeping form on the bed in between us as we both got ready for bed.

"Are you going to come back with me?"

"I dont really have the body to do that at the moment."

"You don't have to perform. Just travel with me. You and Prince. I don't want to have to leave you two all the time."

"Ill think about it." I smiled even though he knew my answer was yes.

"It is going to be great. I'll get a tour bus just for us. I'll have it customized for you and the baby.
When can a have a crib built into the bus! We can get a big room just for me and you! You know what that means." He wiggled his eyebrows at me as I giggled.

"Oh, Stop it Mike." I playfully smacked his arm.

"We need to go out and buy baby food and diapers and a crib!" he exclaimed.

"That won't be necessary. Janet, Dave, and Amy got me all that stuff at my baby shower."

"Dave?" I could hear the jealousy in his voice. It was cute the way he was jealous.

"Don't worry about Dave. He's married to Amy." I said leaning over to place a kiss on his lips.

"Im not worried about Dave."

"Uh huh, sure." I said turning off the lights.

It was about 5 in the morning and Prince started crying. I couldn't feel Pince or Michael next to me.

I woke up putting on my robe, and walked to the nursery me and Janet decorated.

I saw Michael quietly humming a lullaby as he gently started rocking Prince in his arms.

I knew he would be a perfect dad. I now knew that it didn't matter what his career was.

The way he looked at Prince reassured me that it didn't matter what his career was. I could see it in his eyes, that he would be there for his child no matter what.

"What's it like being a father?"

I startled him as he turned to face me.

"It's amazing." He smiled.

"Thank you." I kissed him and Prince goodnight.

"For what?" he waited for my response.

"For forgiving me for what I did to you."

He laid Prince in his crib.

"Cassidy, let's put that in our past. Think of the birth of Prince as a new beginning for us, okay?"

I nodded as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, Cassidy. Don't forget that."