Liars

he didn't tell me how realistic he wanted things

The prank started the first night. He told all the campers and counselors a scary story; the one that every camper hears at every camp across the world. It was the cliché story about some maniac killing off all the campers for some twisted revenge.

He didn’t tell me how realistic he wanted things.

He ended up finding an abandoned cabin in the woods and set up his own little station inside. He filled it with old tools, candles, and lost camp gear. He fixed the beds and it was to be decided who would sleep out there. He made costumes, no, disguises that we would wear while we did the dirty work.

He “disappeared” first. I told everyone that he went on a hike and was supposed to return by dinner time. When he didn’t, the kids brushed it off thinking it was just a prank. The counselors freaked and took turns searching the woods.

They gave up after a month of searching. They called his parents and told them about their missing son. The police also searched but never found the abandoned cabin by the rocks.

I tried to contact him to tell him how things were escalating out of proportions. He never answered the walkie-talkie. I followed his detailed map and found the abandoned cabin.

It was empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
word count: 221