I'm With The Band

Chapter 13

The next day at lunch I sat at a table, with no food tray, just a Diet Soda from the vending machine. My eyes flicked all around the cafeteria, I was looking for that strange boy... The one that kissed me after calling me a fat ass...

"Looking for me?" A voice said behind me. Before I could turn around the boy sat across from me. "Don't ask, my name is Alex. And yes...I like you." I stared at him dumbfounded.

So he likes me? This was fucked up.

"I don't even know you!" I defended.

"This is why I want to start over. Forget anything ever happened. I have been acting like a douche towards you and I shouldn't have called you a fat ass and I most definitely shouldn't have kissed you... That was dumb of me..." He looked down at his tray and I couldn't help but smile. He seemed really sincere.

"Okay... Fine. One more chance to make things right. Hi, I'm Haley Harris." I smiled, which he returned.

"Hi...I'm Alex Scott." I outreached my hand and he shook it.

For the rest of the lunch period we talked, pretty much played 20 questions.

I found out we like the same bands, have the same favorite colors, find the same views on the president and couples saying they are in love after 1 week of dating. Around Alex I could talk about anything and everything. I felt 100% comfortable around him, unlike I did with Brandon. Oh God Brandon! I hadn't even thought about him the whole time me and Alex talked!

Wow. That was odd.

But anyways, Alex walked me to band class. He was walking me down the hall when I heard my name being called. I stopped and turned around to see Brandon. He was smiling and waving.

"Haley!" He called one last time. When he realized he had my attention he ran towards me. "Hey!" He said in a huff when he reached us. His eyes trailed over to Alex and his expression went hard. "Who is this?" He said coldly. I had told him the night before about this creepy dude...

"This is Alex, my new friend..." I put emphasis on the word friend to make it clear to Brandon that Alex was not an enemy anymore. Not that Brandon knew if it was him or not.

"Oh.... Well.... Hey Alex, I'm Brandon. Haley's best friend." He put his hand out and Alex ignored it. Instead Alex put his hand on my shoulder and I turned towards him.

"I have to get to class," He said and then he hugged me. I hugged him back awkwardly. He pulled away, smiled, then walked away. I watched him walk away until I heard Brandon clear his throat. My head jerked up to him.

"What?" I defended.

"Is that the same guy that called you a fat ass?" He asked furiously.

"Yes..." And before he could say anything else I defended Alex. "But! But...We talked the whole lunch period. He apologized for what he did. And we are working it out. So calm down alright?" Brandon looked down, sighed, then looked me in the eyes. He nodded and smiled.

"Just don't let this guy hurt you okay?" He pleaded. I nodded.

"Come on...We're going to be late."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe?

Pretty please and thanks!
PS sorry I haven't updated in awhile!

<3HaleyB