Status: Up and Running :D

For The Love of The Game

Tres

I heard the doorbell ring as I flipped through the channels, trying to find something worth watching. I looked up at the clock on the wall to see that it was exactly six, this guy is on time. I got up, turning the television off and heading towards the door as the doorbell rang again.

“I’m coming! Impatient much?” I opened the door only to meet the gaze of someone I had oddly been thinking about the whole day. I couldn’t stop staring, and I was in a bit of shock. He seemed a bit surprised as well, but was the first to recover out of the two of us. After what seemed like hours, he extended his hand to introduce himself.

“Hola, Karmen.” All I could do was nod, he let out a chuckle and put his hand down after realizing that I was not going to shake his hand. Not because I didn’t want to, because I couldn’t, I was still looking at him with a dumb look on my face.

“Yo-you’re…I’m Karmen.” I finally managed to get out, this earned another angelic laugh from him. I stepped aside to let him in the house. He gladly accepted the invitation and walked in, oddly enough, Cristiano’s table with most of his awards is right by the entrance way, and it was the first thing Fernando noticed.

“So Cristiano, huh? How’s that working out for you? The Porto’s not infatuated with himself too much to not notice you is he?” I rolled my eyes. Great, another brotherly figure who hates my boyfriend.

“Just because you two probably don’t get along on the pitch doesn’t mean you can come into our home and insult him, even if you are my brother’s best friend. Cristiano is my boyfriend and I won’t let you stand here and speak falsely about him!” Fernando threw his hand up as if he was a cat clawing at something while making a meowing sound. “Childish, completely and utterly childish, just like Sergio, you two are perfect for each other. Anyways, you haven’t told me your name yet.”

“It’s all in fun, and don’t act like you don’t know who I am, you just saw me a few days ago. Other than the fact that I’m famous, you should know me, come on Karm, we practically grew up together! Sergio and I raised you when we were teens! I saved you...here, this may help.” He took his sunglasses off and pulled his blondish hair back to reveal brown roots. He began to pull his hair back to show it as if it was short and he made a really goofy face, pouting his lips and all. Then it clicked.

“NANDO! Mi Salvador!” I smiled as he let his hair fall back into place. I ran towards him as he opened his arms ready to catch me as I jumped for a hug. Fernando, Fernando Torres, I remember it now like it was yesterday. He’s my savior, when no one else was around, he was, just at the right time, so many years have passed since that time, but he’ll always be my savior.

“I knew you’d remember me if I made that face princesa.” I pulled back and looked at him, smacking him lightly upside the head in the process. “What was that for?” He said, placing me back down and grabbing the back of his head.

“It’s been 6 years since I’ve seen you or talked to you and the first thing you do is make fun of my boyfriend!” He smiled throwing his arm around my shoulder.

“I’ve missed you, I’m never going to let that kind of time pass by anymore, it’s been too long.”

“My bags are at the door, let’s go before you decide to mess up the house.”

“I would never!” He said with a faux-hurt expression.

“Sure you wouldn’t, Nando’s too good hearted to ever imagine a thing like that.” I replied sarcastically. We both smiled as we walked out of the house, Fernando carrying my luggage to his car as I locked the door behind me. Maybe I won’t tell Cristiano about Nando picking me up, maybe I’ll just tell him Sergio changed my flight so I wouldn’t be in the house alone…he doesn’t need to know about Torres…does he?

+++

“What’s wrong?” I slowly turned my gaze from watching out the window of the plane to face Fernando, who had turned to me with a concerned look on his face. “You seem…” He paused trying to think of the correct word to use. “Tenso…o nervioso. It’s not because of flying is it? I know you’ve flown before.” I shook my head no, looking down at my hands in my lap. He placed a finger under my chin to lift my gaze back up to him. “You should be happy, you’re going to see Sergio.” He smiled as I put on a slight smile.

“I am, I’m just, I’m not sure really.” Fernando made a knowing face as if realization just hit him.

“Ahh, you miss Ronaldo. Is that it?” I shook my head.

“Not really, I mean, of course I miss him, but that’s not what I’m really thinking about.” He looked at me confused.

“What is it then?” What am I supposed to say, I can’t just come out and tell him ’Well my boyfriend doesn’t really like you and he doesn’t think he can trust you being around me, and specifically told me not to get to ‘know’ you, so I don’t know whether I should lie for the first time in our relationship and tell him that I flew alone or be honest and risk him leaving me by saying that I went against his wishes and met with you to fly together to Madrid.’ I don’t think I can do that.

“It’s a long story.” He nodded as if to say he understood that I didn’t want to talk about it, but then he turned his body in his seat to face me with a curious look.

“We have another hour on the flight, we can talk about it.” I huffed and turned to face him, this was going to be a long hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
In honor of the World Cup starting today!!!!