Status: Up and Running :D

For The Love of The Game

Cuatro

“He’s jealous.” I looked at Nando like he was crazy.

“What?! No way, what would he have to be jealous of?” I laughed as Fernando playfully shoved my shoulder.

“And he doesn’t think your love is strong enough.” I opened my mouth to retaliate, but Fernando held his hand up, signaling me that he was going to explain his reasoning.

“If he thinks that I can easily charm my way into having you fall for me and that you would fall for me, and trust me, if I did charm you, you would fall for me, he doesn’t think your love is strong enough to keep you two together when you guys are apart and he’s not here to pull you away and keep you close to him.” Fernando shrugged and relaxed back into his seat as if he just proved the Earth is round. I looked on with my mouth open in an attempt to protest, but sat back in my seat understanding his logic as I let everything he said sink in. “I’m right, aren’t I?” I turned towards him to see that he had his head leaned back against the seat turned towards me with a devilish smirk. I turned my back towards him and looked out the window as the captain came over the speaker to tell us that we would be landing in Madrid in 5 minutes. As I looked out on the landscape of a city I loved, I sighed in frustration.

“You’re wrong, he knows I love him.”

“Of course he does, that’s why he never texted you when he landed or when you texted him to tell him we were, I’m sorry, I mean you were leaving for Madrid early. So yes princesa, I’m sure he knows you love him.” I ignored Fernando and ran off the plane as soon as it landed, leaving him to grab our carry on bags. I was finding it harder and harder to not believe what he was saying as the time passed. I didn’t even bother waiting for Fernando. I stood in a corner by the gate we just got off on and turned my phone on to see no new text messages. I quickly dialed Cristiano’s number and waited impatiently as the phone continued to ring.

“Karmen, hey.” He answered the phone out of breath after the fifth ring.

“Why didn’t you text me?”

“What? Kar-“

“Why didn’t you text me to tell me your plane landed! And why are you out of breath? Cristiano que juro a Dios, si está con alguna chica, yo nunca hablaré con usted otra vez. Y no hace-“ (Cristiano I swear to God, if you are with some girl, I’m never going to talk to you again. And don’t-“

“Shh, shh, shh, Karmen, mi querido, I didn’t text you because Nani and I were running late to meet up with the team, and I just finished swimming a bit at the gym. There’s nothing going on to evoke you to threaten me in Spanish, promessa.” I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly to calm my nerves.

“You still could’ve quickly sent me a text.”

“I’m sorry. I have to go, but I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“I’m in Madrid!” I blurted out as I spotted Fernando looking for me. He quickly spotted me from my sudden outburst and headed over, giving me a look that was only asking if I was going to tell Ronaldo that he was with me.

“Wait, what? Why?”

“After you left, I called Sergio crying, and he decided he didn’t want me to stay at the house alone for a night and that he’d rather change the ticket and have me come earlier. I’m fine, the flight was great, don’t worry, I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Just call me when you can.”

“As long as you’re safe. I’ll talk to you soon Karm.” With that he hung up and I slowly shut my phone.

“¿Por qué no lo dijo usted?” (Why didn’t you tell him?) I looked up at Fernando with tears in my eyes.

“Está a mí Nando. Yo lo conozco, y está a mí.” (He’s lying to me Nando. I know him, and he’s lying to me.)

“Shhh, princesa. Yo no signifiqué lo que dije, estoy seguro que él le adora y todo estará bien.” (Shhh, princess. I didn’t mean what I said, I’m sure he loves you and everything will be okay.) I shook my head as Fernando tried to wipe the tears from my face.

“Está.” (He’s lying.) I didn’t want to even think about what was happening, so I just let Fernando walk me outside where he hailed a car for us to go to his house. I could tell by the way Fernando was comforting me and stealing glances during the ride that he wanted to talk about this more now, but I wasn’t ready to tell him how I knew Ronaldo was lying, not at the moment, maybe when we got to his house. And being the friend that he is, he didn’t push the issue; he just continued to stroke my hair as I rested my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D