Status: Up and Running :D

For The Love of The Game

Cinco

“He never keeps his phone by him when he swims.” Fernando looked up from his plate to me sitting across from him at the dining table, with my food in front of me, untouched. We had gotten to his house a little while ago. He called Sergio to tell him we’d arrived and that Sergio can either pick me up or he could drop me off himself. Sergio said he would come get me in a few hours because he had a few things to tend to before he wanted me to come over. He probably had to clean his house or something. Fernando was nice enough to make us both a meal while I sat at the table thinking about Cristiano. It probably looked like I was staring off into space though. He still didn’t press the matter, but sitting in the same setting that I was in with Ronaldo about a week ago was like déjà vu except this time I was with Torres, and I decided that I’ve trusted him before with my life, letting him know things now wasn’t as big of a deal.

“¿Qué?” (What?) I looked up at Nando from my plate.

“He said he was panting because he had just finished swimming, he never keeps his phone around when he works out, it’s always in the locker room, or in the house, never around for easy access to reach him. And he said that he didn’t text me because he and Nani were running late to meet the team when I know for a fact that they had both flown a day early so that they could see their families before training started. He was supposed to go see his mother before he went back to his house. I don’t know what he was doing, but I know he wasn’t telling the truth!” Silent tears started to fall as Fernando cleared his throat and put his fork down.

“Sometimes…we have emergency meetings that get set up last minute, maybe that’s what happened? And he was probably waiting for you to call, so he kept his phone close this once so he could talk to you.” I shook my head, thankful that Fernando wasn’t trying to make Cristiano look bad for once, but he was probably only doing it for the sake of my feelings.

“No, I wish that was true, but I know how he is, even at home with me he never keeps his phone around during work outs, he says they’re a distraction.” I thought I heard Fernando mumble under his breath.

“You’re worth the distraction.” But I brushed it off, he was probably saying something else. The front door opened with a booming voice following the slam of the door.

“Where’s my hermanita?” I looked over at Fernando pleading with my eyes not to mention any of this to Sergio, he gave me a slight nod as if to say that he wouldn’t say a word. I put on the best fake smile that I could, dried my tears, and got up to greet my brother who was walking in through the kitchen.

“Sergio! I missed you so much!” He gave me a huge bear hug that nearly knocked the wind out of me.

“I missed you too mi querido!” My heart stopped a bit at the little name that Ronaldo always calls me. I regained my composure when I felt Fernando’s hand on my shoulder. He could probably tell that I was rigid. Sergio placed his arms around Fernando and I, standing between the two of us. “So I trust my best friend took care of you?” Nando smiled over at me before I spoke.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was Nando?”

“I wanted you to be surprised, I knew it had been a while since you saw him, and when he called and asked about you the other day, I thought I’d let you guys catch up on the plane.”

“You asked about me?” Fernando blushed through a range of pink shades as Sergio laughed aloud.

“I thought I saw you at the game, I wasn’t sure if it was really you, and since I didn’t get to speak with you, I called Sergio to see if you were in the area, and when he told me that you live in Manchester and work for United, I figured that it was you, and when Sergio asked me to get you, I agreed.”

“Even though it was out of the way?” I asked, remembering that Sergio said he may have had to argue with Fernando to come out of his way.

“Of course, I missed you too much to give up the opportunity, then I would’ve had to wait 3 days more before I could see you.” I smiled a genuine smile this time and Sergio ruffled my hair.

“I told you everything would be okay.” My smile fell thinking of Ronaldo and how everything was not okay with him.

“Yeah, all okay.” Sergio dropped his arms from around the two of us and hopped over the couch to watch television. Nando walked towards me and gave me a hug, knowing exactly what I was thinking as he whispered in my ear.

“Ningunas preocupaciones mi estimado, será arreglado todo.” (No worries my dear, it will all get sorted out.)

“¿Promesa?” (Promise?) I whispered back.

“Prometo.” (I Promise.) He said as he kissed my forehead and took my hand, leading me to the living room to sit with my brother on the couch.

+++

I woke up in the very comfortable passenger seat of what I’m only guessing was my brother’s car. Only because as soon as I started to comprehend anything, the first thing I heard was my brother’s oh so beautiful singing voice, singing along to Bailamos…I wish he would believe us when we tell him that Enrique always sings better.

“Sergiooooooooo!” I sang as I turned to him smiling. He smiled back as he began to direct his singing towards me.

“Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over bailamos, te quiero, amor mio bailamos!” I couldn’t help but to laugh. “¿Duerme bien?” (Sleep well?) I nodded as I let out a yawn; this earned a chuckle and a hair ruffle from Sergio. He pulled into the driveway of his house and continued into the garage.

“Sergio, promise to never sing again, how many times must I tell you that Enrique sings way better, and is much more attractive tha-“

“Ay Karmen! Cierre la boca!” (Karmen! Shut your mouth!) Sergio yelled playfully as he raced me to the door.

“Justo bromear.” (Just joking.) Sergio smiled and hugged me again, squeezing me till my face turned red.

“I’m so glad you’re here Karmen.” He stated below a whisper.

“Me too.”

“So glad.” He said with one last final squeeze. “Come on, I’ll take you to your room, we have to call it a night, I’ve got a big day planned for us tomorrow, you’ll need your rest.” I followed him up the stairs and into the room that I would now call mine.

“Los sueños dulces mi hermanita.” (Sweet dreams baby sister.)

“Y usted mi estimado hermano.” (And you my dear brother.) Sergio kissed me on the forehead and walked out, shutting the door behind him. I changed into my pajamas and plopped down on the bed sighing. “Cristiano, what am I going to do with you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it, like it, oh pretty please LIKE IT! hahaha