Status: Up and Running :D

For The Love of The Game

Seis

I giggled as he led me by the hand away from the party to a secluded hallway and pushed me against the wall in a little break made to lead to a doorway. “Fernando, what are you doing?” I let out a slight sigh as he nibbled down my collarbone while I tangled my fingers in his hair. “They’re going to wonder why we left the party at the same time, Cristiano’s goi-“ He cut me off with his lips.

“He won’t.” Fernando replied huskily as he grabbed me by my legs, hoisting me up to wrap my legs around him while he dug my back into the wall even more. “We won’t take long.” He said smiling before he attacked my neck again.


I sat up sweating and panting from my dream. I looked over at my alarm clock to see it was only 6:30 in the morning, I fell back down on my pillow, covering my face with my hands, groaning. Why was I thinking about Nando like that, sure he is attractive, but he’s like my brother? An image of Sergio from when we were younger popped into my head that I had tried so hard to scratch out of my memory. Alright, forget Fernando being like my brother, he cared for me, and I guess, all this time, I have always had a little crush on him, maybe it was just because of what I was going through with Ronaldo right now, yeah, that’s probably all it is.

I decided to get out of bed and go for a run after I made breakfast to get my mind off of things. After that dream, I don’t think I would be able to fall asleep. I quickly changed into some shorts and a sports bra, threw my hair up in a ponytail and headed down the stairs towards the kitchen. I opened Serg’s fridge to find it pretty much empty except for some eggs, milk, orange juice, a whole lot of Gatorade, and…turkey bacon? I shook the oddity of the variety of food in his fridge and took out the eggs and bacon to make. It took me five minutes to find a pan, but I eventually found it and began cooking. Once done, I made two separate plates, pouring orange juice in two glasses as well. I quickly ate my meal and took the extra plate, cup of juice, and a little note I wrote letting him know I went out for a run up to Sergio’s room for him. When I opened the door, I found him sprawled out, arms and legs reaching opposite sides of the bed as his head hung on the side, hair a mess, mouth wide open. I shook my head as I laughed to myself. I placed the plate, note, and cup on his side dresser knowing that the smell would wake him up soon. I kissed my hand and gently patted it on his cheek before exiting towards my room. I grabbed my iPod and strapped it to my arm as I chose a running mix and headed out the house.

I couldn’t help but to smile as I noticed all the pride and home-grown support that was already filling the streets for our country and their quest for Eurocup 2008. I could feel the excitement in my veins, not believing that I would be a part of it when it starts in a little over a week. All the flags and homemade posters in the windows and hanging from the balconies in the streets made me proud to be a Spaniard, more than I usually was. Those 11 boys that would start on the field, including my brother, are heroes around here, and the way people look up to them just shows the commitment and love that is shared throughout the country, how one sport could bring together so many people was amazing. It’s not even a sport, it’s a way of life, I knew that because my brother proved that to me everyday.

I made my way back home but was a bit confused as I watched a car pull up into the driveway, speeding up as he got near me, only to reach the house a few seconds before me. I walked towards the vehicle as the door opened, revealing Fernando as he stepped out, all smiles. Was he always this handsome and good looking? His arms are super toned, I wonder how long he works out...again with the thoughts of Nando flooding my mind. I shook my head slightly hoping he didn’t notice me staring.

“Morning Karm.” I smiled as he walked up to me.

“Morning Nando!” I replied. He went to hug me but I stopped him before he could get his arms around me. He gave me a confused look. “I just finished running, I’m sweaty and gross, you don’t want a hug.” He laughed and wrapped his arms around me as he squeezed me tight, not caring. I didn’t think any more of it realizing that he himself was in a training outfit that consisted of shorts and an Adidas training tank.

“Why aren’t you wearing a shirt?” He asked as I led him up the steps to the front door.

“I never wear a shirt when I run. Gives me a weird tan.” I replied as he laughed.

“How am I supposed to keep the boys away if you insist on going out like this?” I playfully shoved him as he threw his arm over my shoulder while we walked into the kitchen laughing. Sergio was placing his plate in the sink at the moment that we walked in. He turned to us clad in just his boxers as he smiled at us.

“Gracias para hacer el desayuno hermanita.” (Thanks for the food little sister.)

“No problema.” Fernando nudged me.

“Why don’t you make me breakfast?” Fernando asked to which Sergio quickly replied as he went around the counter and sat at a barstool.

“She loves me more!” I laughed.

“Do you want me to make you something? Sergio has nothing in the fridge, so I was lucky enough to find what I did.” Nando smiled.

“I was just kidding, I’ve already eaten.”

“How was your run?” Sergio asked, taking a bite out of an apple that was sitting on the counter for God knows how long. I went over and began to wash the dishes from breakfast now that Sergio had eaten while Fernando took a seat next to him. I looked up at the both of them smiling.

“It was beautiful!” Sergio gave me a questioning look before replying.

“How can a run be beautiful…unless you’re watching me or Fernando running for the ball and scoring, we have such finesse!” Both Fernando and I laughed at Sergio’s smug look as he complimented himself and Fernando.

“Sergio, you’re and idiot.” He gave me a pout as I threw soapsuds towards him, which caused him to fall out of his seat as he attempted to dodge the bubbles. Fernando just looked at the both of us shaking his head. “It was beautiful because of all the support and pride that adorned the streets as I ran…do you two know how many people are counting on you guys to win. It just reminded me how people…maybe I shouldn’t say this, it’ll just add to Sergio’s ego.” He stuck his tongue out as we all laughed. “I’m just kidding, it just reminded me how people think of all you boys as our heroes, the Kings of Spain.” I smiled as Fernando cut in.

“Soon to be Kings of Europe!” I raised my eyebrow with a smirk.

“Cocky much Señor Torres? You’re always the modest one…I think you’ve been hanging out with my brother too much.” Another round of laughs as I finished with the last dish, dried my hands with the hand towel and walked over, standing between Sergio and Fernando, looking at my brother. “So Sergio, mi hermano,” I grabbed his cheeks between one of my hands causing his lips to scrunch which only made me giggle. “What were these plans you had for us today? And do they include Fernando? Because I know I won’t have fun if it’s just with you.” With that said, I let go of his face and jumped behind Nando’s seat to hide from my brother who raised his hand to playfully swat me away. Sergio began to tell me what he had in store for us today, but I zoned out as another thought entered my mind. Surprisingly, my brother and Fernando had kept my mind off of Ronaldo for the morning, but I did have to call him, we needed to talk. As my face dropped from this realization, I noticed that Sergio had stopped talking and Fernando was waving his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

“She asks what we’re doing but doesn’t even pay attention.” I frowned at Sergio as I looked over at Nando who was giving me a worried look. I quickly dashed off towards the stairs to grab my phone and call Ronaldo in my room, but not before I yelled as I ran by the two boys.

“I have to call Cristiano, I’ll be back after my shower.” I dashed up the steps two at a time only to hear Sergio yell back.

“Forget the Porto! Looks like we’ll be down here just you and me Fernando for an hour…Xbox?” I smiled slightly at the thought of Fernando and my brother playing video games but lost it as soon as my phone came in sight. I picked it up off the dresser and flipped it open to find 7 missed calls and 3 messages, no doubt all from Ronaldo. As I began to dial his number, my phone vibrated in my hand, indicating an incoming call, the screen soon flashed Ronaldo’s name and I took in a deep breath as I hit the talk button.

“Hola.”

“Karmen, what are you doing? I’ve called you about 10 times.”

“Cristiano-“
♠ ♠ ♠
:D I love that you guys are really liking this story! It makes me smile :) Let's go España!!! Win this one today!!!