Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Bella

The next day, Edward and I went to school together as usual. His hand laced with mine felt really good. All the time I`ve been squeezing his hand tight-starting from the house and to the school-while he enjoyed himself as I did this. As usual, we were earlier than the others. We headed to our lockers and put some of our things in it.

"Mmm, I love your necklace, who gave it to you?" He asked sarcastically.
"Oh really? Well, it was given to me by an incredibly handsome man." I said smiling as he pulled me closer to him.
"Really? Do I know him?" He asked again, with a raised eyebrow.
"Mmm, I think you do. Want details?" I asked, joining in on his scheme.
"Sure. Describe him." He said.
"Hmm, well. . . He`s incredibly handsome, god-like. . . Oh, I also love his bronze tousled hair and his crooked smile. His skin is pale-white and ice cold. Do you happen to cross his way sometimes?" I asked back sarcastically.
"Mmm, with your description," he said as he wrapped his arms around me.
"I think I have. . . I think you`re describing me." He finished and gave me a smirk.
"Hmm. . ." I whispered, pulling away a bit to look at him fully.
"Oh right! It is you!" I said, burying my face on his chest and chuckling as he pulled me closer to him again.

He chuckled too and brought his lips to my neck and gently backed me up on my locker. He brought his lips to mine and slowly parted it-now moving at a rhythm with mine. I tend to forget everything I`m worried about when he does this. It`s like he`s the only one around and the only one that mattered. Like it was only me and him. But as soon as he pulled away, I slowly felt the worried feeling coming back. So I kept my arms around him and hugged him tighter.

"Aly, what`s wrong?" He asked, curious with my sudden change of mood.
"No, it`s nothing." I lied as I looked down on the ground.
"No, really, what is it?" He asked and lifted my chin, making me look into his eyes.
"Just worried, that`s all." I said honestly.
"Don`t. There`s nothing to worry about." He replied.
"I`ll try." I said, forcing a sly smile.

'There`s nothing to worry about.' he`d said. Yeah, right. If only he knew what`s bugging me almost every second. We pulled away and started walking to our next class as students piled the halls.

* * *

The bell rang signaling the end of the class. It was lunch, finally. As usual, Edward waited for me outside the classroom and we both headed to the cafeteria hand in hand.

"You hungry?" He asked.
"Yes, very. I didn`t eat much at breakfast, so I`m hoping to eat properly right now." I replied laughing and we were on our way to fall in line when we bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh, I`m so sorry! I didn`t mean to stain your shirt, I`m really sorry!" Said the girl.

She had brown, wavy/curly hair, almost-pale skin and is a bit skinny. I figured she was new since she looked lost. She did stain my shirt just a bit, but I didn`t make a big deal out of it. I didn`t like making a scene anyways. Like my usual self though, I started to befriend her. Also because I found her very. . . intriguing. Perhaps I can invite her to sit with us at lunch. . .

"It`s okay, it`s no big deal. Um, I`m Alyssa Johnson and this is Edward Cullen." I said introducing ourselves, and Edward gave her a slight smile.
"Oh, uh, I`m Bella Swan. I`m new here. Nice to meet you." She said smiling back at me then giving a short glance at Edward.
"Oh. . ." I breathed.

I saw Alice gasp when I turned to look at her and the other Cullens. I couldn`t believe this. For a year, I`ve been dreading Alice`s vision and was relieved when no one new moved in our neighborhood. And now, all my nightmares became real. Bella Swan-the girl who might take Edward away from me-was finally here. In front of me. And suddenly I wasn`t hungry anymore. I felt like running and breaking down. But I can`t. Like I was really supposed to face this. A wave of mixed emotions washed through me.

"Oh well, nice meeting you, I got to go though, I`m going to eat my lunch. Thanks and sorry again." She said then walked off.
"Yeah, me too." I said breathlessly, then went to the table where we usually sat.
"Hey, do you want anything? I can ask them to buy something for you." He said pointing toward his siblings.
"No, no. I uh, I`m not hungry anymore. I lost my appetite." I mumbled.
"What, because your shirt got stained? Aww, come on Aly, is it about your shirt? Come on, you know it`s okay for me. It doesn`t make you any less beautiful." He gave me his crooked smile.
"No. I just. . . don`t feel like eating anymore. I`m good." I lied. Wow, how many times have I lied to him today? Tsk tsk.

* * *

I didn`t eat lunch-which wasn`t typical of me. I was more focused on all the trouble Bella can get me in. Ugh. No, no, no! I was still pissed when I came in my next class-Math. Oh and guess what? I`m in the same class as Bella Swan! Once she saw me in the room, she smiled lightly and sat next to me. Damn, how I wish that seat was taken! Ugh. Good thing Edward wasn`t in this class.

"Hey, Alyssa. I`m really sorry about a while ago. I really didn`t mean it." She apologized again.
"It`s okay, really. It just looks like water droplets. Don`t worry about it." I replied, forcing a slight smile.
"Okay. Hey, nice necklace. Who gave it to you?" She asked, admiring the necklace Edward had given me.
"Oh, um, er, Edward." I stuttered, hiding my nervousness.
"Oh, the guy you were with a while ago. So, what`s he like? I mean, is he kind or something?" She asked with obvious curiosity in her eyes.
"Uh, yeah. He`s nice. Why?" I asked.
"Nothing, he`s just intriguing." She said. Wow, same damn word I thought of her before she told me her name. Ugh.
"Oh, uh, do you want to meet him?" As soon as it slipped my mouth, I mentally slapped myself. You`re so stupid, Aly! What are you doing, helping her? Ugh.
"Oh, sure. Um, I mean, if you don`t mind." She said.
"Er, yeah sure, I don`t. . . mind." I struggled with my words.

* * *

What the hell have I gotten myself into? I thought over and over again. I went over with Bella toward the Cullens` cars. I am so stupid!

"Aly!" Edward moaned and pulled me into a tight hug, then gave me a peck-aware of the other person we were with.
"Hey Edward. You remember Bella right? The girl at the cafeteria a while ago. . ." I trailed off.
"Oh, yeah, right." He said, holding my hand.
"Um, hi." She started.
"Um, yeah, you two go talk, I`ll be waiting in the car, Edward." I said, releasing his hand and going inside the car.

I can feel anger rumbling inside me. Anger and guilt-to myself. I wanted to run. I looked back and saw Bella and Edward still talking. And that`s when I quietly got out of the car-without anyone noticing- and ran all the way to Forks, Washington and headed to La Push.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's 14. :)