Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

New Flame

5 YEARS LATER

* * *

I guess, living with Cam really changed me. I had the chance to have fun and live just like everybody else. I've been living with him for 5 years now and still, the feeling of safety hadn't gone away. In fact, I felt happy. . . and contented, just having him there with me. Through all the ups and downs, he never left me. I even graduated with him. Yes, ever since I moved in with him, I transferred to his school. I owe him that much. And I'm really glad I met him.

"Hey, Aly." He said seating next to me.
"Oh, hey Cam." I greeted back and he smiled-though it didn't reach his ears.
"Um, I need to tell you something. . ." He trailed.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Alyssa." He said my name then gulped.
"Cam, what is it?" I asked. Then I realized I was nervous.
"Alyssa, I. . ."
"You what, Cam?" I asked again.
"Alyssa, I love you." He finally said-looking down.
"You really mean it?" I asked moving a bit closer to him.
"Yes. Look, I know you're still a bit hurt because of the 'Cullen tragedy', but if you'd give me a chance, I promise that I wouldn't hurt you like Edward did. And I promise to do my best to make you happy. I would never leave you, Aly. I love you. I really do." He said.
Then he reached for my hand and intertwined my fingers with his.

"Cam, thank you." I finally spoke up.
"For what?" He asked.
"For everything. And for telling me how you feel." I said then hugged him.
"No problem." He said.
"But I'm not sure if I can say that back to you yet . . . I'm sorry, Cam." I said and pulled away.

He nodded once.

"Can you atleast give me a chance, though?" He asked.
"Yes, of course." I agreed.

* * *

Later that night, I thought of Cam and Edward. What their differences are, and the things they have in common.
Edward is a vampire. Cam's like me - Halves.
Edward had always been a gentleman, and so is Cam.
Edward would protect me from any danger even if it would kill him, but I think Cam would too.
Edward plays the piano for me, while Cam plays the guitar.
Edward sings me lullabies or sometimes his own songs, while Cam sings me modern songs.
Edward would give me expensive gifts, while Cam doesn't. Instead, he gives me simple things, and that's enough. But I'm not saying that I don't like Edward's gifts either.
They both loved me. But who do I really love?
Edward. . . left me, and Cam took me in.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's 20. :)