Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Birthday

March 2, 2009.

I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Alice. I decided to answer it. It was just Alice anyway. Maybe she just wanted to talk.

"Alyssa!" Her voice chimed in.
"Hey, Alice. Why did you call?" I asked.
"Oh, um, I just wanted to know if you didn't change numbers."
"I didn't. Is that all?" I asked.
"Well. . . I need you to come here." She said.
"Alice, we already talked about that."
"I know, but I have a different reason for inviting you here." She said.
"And what is that?" I asked.
"Ugh. Just come here, okay?" She said.
"This better be important, Alice."
"Yes, it is. We'll be waiting." With that, she hung up.

Sure, I'd go. Reunion? Pfft.

"Hey birthday girl. Happy Birthday." Cam greeted.
"Thanks. Um, I need to go somewhere." I said.
"Where?" He asked.
"Oregon." I said.
"Why?" He asked again.
"I'm visiting a few friends." I said.
"Oh, okay. What time will you be back?"
"I don't know." I answered.
"Okay, just call me if you want to be picked up." He offered.
"Oh, it's okay. I'm using my car. I'll call you when I'm going to be late." I assured him and he agreed.

* * *

Alice had already opened the door before I knocked. She was wearing party clothes and I'm guessing so are the others. I was wearing casual clothes, so what?

"Alyssa!" She exclaimed, hugging me.
"Hey, Alice." I said when she finally pulled away.
"Come in." She said smiling.

I entered their living room and six heads popped into view. Uh-oh. Seven heads all in all including Alice. I didn't have to look at all of them just to know that Edward was also there. All of them had their eyes on me.

"Happy Birthday Alyssa!" They all greeted.
"Alice! What the . . .?" I trailed off, giving Alice a playful glare.
"What? It's your birthday! You should at least celebrate it here." She explained.
"Yeah, whatever." I laughed and stuck my tongue out at her.

I looked back at all of them and noticed that someone's missing. Edward. Maybe he left, or something.
After a while of catching up, we gathered at one side of the living room and they started giving me their presents. That's when Edward finally came back.

"Edward, son, why don't you give Alyssa her present already?" Carlisle announced and he walked over to me.
"Your gift's in my room. Would you please come with me?" He asked and held out his hand.

I took his hand and we headed to his room.

* * *

"How have you been?" He asked.
"I'm okay. How about you?" I replied as I sat on his couch.
"Okay." He answered.
"Where's Bella?" I asked and looked at the ground.
"She left." He said.
"Sorry for that." I said.

He lifted my chin and our eyes met.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"I was stupid enough for leaving you." He stood up, and got a velvet box, then sat next to me again.
"Open it." He said as he handed me the box.

I did as he asked and saw a necklace with 'Alyssa' written on it.

"Thank you Edward." I said and gave him a sly smile.
"Do you like it?" He asked and I nodded.
"Would you like to put it on me?" I asked, knowing that he'd want me to use it right away.
"Sure." He smiled my favorite crooked smile, and with one swift movement, he put the necklace on me.

He gave my neck a kiss and turned me to face him.

"I still have two more gifts for you." He said and handed me two teddy bears. One said 'I'm Sorry', and another said 'I Love You'.

"They're so cute. Thanks again, Edward." I smiled and hugged him.

Wrong move. He leaned closer to me and I knew what he was going to do next. So I tried to stop him.

"Edward, no. Please, don't." I whispered, but he still did it.

When I felt his icy lips on mine, I knew that I wouldn't be able to resist. His kiss was still full of love and passion. His arms were wrapped around me and mine found its way around his neck. At that moment, I completely lost control of myself. I just went blank. When we finally pulled away, that's when my mind finally functioned. I kissed him back, that's what I did. With the same passion like I used to.

"I still love you, Alyssa." He admitted.

I turned my back on him and closed my eyes. I didn't know what to tell him. Yes, I love him too. But, I can't say that to him. It'll be unfair for Cam. He loves me too. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I leaned back at him. I love Cam, but as a brother. I don't want to hurt him. And I also don't want to keep hurting Edward.

"God, no. Edward, I can't." I said, pulling away from him.
"What?" He asked.
"If you're wanting for things to come back to the way it was, it can't. I'm sorry." I said.
"Why not?"
"It's complicated, Edward." I said.
"How is it complicated? Nothing's changed." He exclaimed.
"I've changed. Edward, you're not the only one who loves me right now." I said.
"Do you have someone else?" He asked.
"No."
"Do you. . . love someone else?" He asked again.
"I don't know." I said and left his room.
"Alyssa, please, don't go." He pleaded when he caught up to me.
"Alyssa, I need to talk to you." Alice's voice came in.
"Not right now, Alice!" Edward hissed.
"Edward, Alyssa needs to know now!" Alice said and dragged me downstairs.

* * *

"The Volturi's coming, Alyssa. They want you to come with them." Alice explained.
"What?"
"They're amazed with your abilities. They think you're going to be useful for them." Edward added.
"Alyssa, do you know someone exactly like you?" Carlisle suddenly asked.
"Yes. Yes, I do. Why?" I replied as Cam popped into mind.
"Who's Cam?" Edward asked. He read my mind, because I didn't put a wall up.
"If they wouldn't be able to take you with them, they may ask for a battle." Carlisle said.
"No. I won't allow it." I replied quickly.
"Alyssa. Who's Cam?" Edward asked again.
"Cam is the only family I have. We're the same." I replied.
"Well, we also won't allow you to come with them." Emmett added.
"Emmett's right." Carlisle agreed.
"They're coming here prepared for anything, Carlisle. They think that they might have to fight for Alyssa." Alice said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been a while. Miss seeing new chapters on stories which I've subscribed to. Lol.
Anyways, hope you like it. :D