Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Revelations

"So, what is it that you wanted to tell me?" He asked as we sat on the ground.
"Um . . . It`s about me."
"Go on. I`ll listen." He said with a smile.
"Okay. Well, do you remember when you were suspicious about me?" I asked.
"Yeah. Why?" He asked.
"Well, you`re right. I am different. I`m not just a human. I`m half vampire half shapeshifter. Meaning, I`m still part human. I can survive in both blood or human food. That`s why when I asked you if you would change me, I told you I wasn`t looking forward to it. Because I already am like you. I have some traits similiar to yours. I can run incredibly fast, and can read minds too. You might be wondering why you weren`t able to read my mind. Well, it`s because I blocked you. I can block people`s thoughts. I can control myself to resist reading your thoughts if I wanted. And I can prevent you from reading mine as well. By blocking you. Oh and you followed someone in the woods before, right? That was also me. I just did the fold over. It`s one kind of shapeshifting, wherein another skin forms over mine. I thought of Maegan and I tricked you by doing the fold over. That`s why when I looked back at you, you saw Maegan instead of me. Like other vampires, of course, I`m also strong. I`m sorry if I kept this from you. I just waited `till I`m sure that I finally trusted you. I hope you understand. If you have questions, you can certainly ask now." I explained.
"I knew it. I completely understand. Thank you for trusting me with your secret. I won`t tell it to anyone, I swear. Come here." He said and hugged me tight.
"Feels good to get that out of my chest. At least, I wouldn`t be worrying anymore." I said smiling up at him.

I looked at his eyes, and saw a hint of confusion in them. Like he was thinking very hard, and yet quickly. Like he was deciding on something. Like he has something to say, but he doesn`t know if he should say it to me.

"What`s wrong?" I asked.
"Glad you didn`t enter my thoughts." He smiled but it didn`t reach his ears.
"I respect your privacy. And I can sense that you`re really thinking about whatever`s in your mind right now. Like you can`t decide or something. Please, Edward, would you like to share it to me? Maybe I can help you. But if you don`t want to, then it`s okay. I won`t force you." I said-really concerned about him.

'Okay! Why am I doing this again? What the. . . I don`t love him yet, do I?. . . Ugh, I think I am! I think I do. I love him already! I can`t tell him. No, I`m afraid he might avoid me again. No, I can`t allow that anymore! I should tell him. . . Ugh, no, of course not! Okay, what the hell?! Stop thinking. Stop thinking. He might read my thoughts. Oh, Alyssa, you idiot! I blocked him, how could he read it. Pft. I`m going crazy. Ugh.' I thought. Luckily he can`t read my mind. Ha!

"Alyssa?" he asked, making me zone out of my thoughts.
"Yeah? What?" I asked.
"I have something really important to tell you." He stared at me.
"What? Go on. I`ll listen." I said.
"Promise me, Aly, that whatever the outcome is, we`ll stay friends. Please?" He pleaded.
"Sure, sure. I Promise." I said sincerely.
"Okay, here goes. Look, Alyssa. I know it`s only been a couple of weeks since we met. But, Alyssa, I. . ." He struggled to say it.
"You what, Edward?" I asked.
"I-I love you." He said.

I looked back in his eyes and saw nothing but pure honesty and sincerity. That`s how I knew that what he said was true. That this is true. That what we have is true.
He then cupped my face in his hands and lightly pressed his lips on mine.
I knew he would do this. Of course, it was always the last effect, when guys say those three precious words in movies, so, I figured he might do it too. So, I kissed back, not wanting him to worry and make him think that I don`t feel the same. Because I do, and I can`t deny that anymore. I couldn`t lie to myself anymore. I love him with all my heart and I`m going to let him know. As soon as he released the kiss, he looked at me and smiled. So, I did the only thing I know would make him even happier.

"I love you too, Edward."

We smiled back at each other and he pulled me in for another mind-blowing, breathtaking kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter6. :)