Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Welcome

"It feels good to know that you feel the same way." Edward said as he reached in his pocket.

He placed a velvet box in my hand. And I noticed that it was the box of the necklace he bought just a while ago.

"Okay, to whom are you asking me to give this?" I asked, since it wasn`t for me. Or so I thought.
"No. You`re not giving it to anyone." He said plainly.
"Okay? What am I going to do with this though?" I asked.
"Well," he started.
"I want you to. . . use it." He said, flashing me his crooked smile.
"What?!" I asked, realizing why he bought it. But he just smirked.
"What? Edward! You said this wasn`t for me! I asked you to not buy me anything! You agreed. Come on, Edward!" I said giving him the box back.
"No way. Come on, Aly. This is nearly like a thousand dollars. Please?" He pleaded.
"See? I really don`t deserve this. You just said it`s nearly a thousand dollars! I can`t accept this, Edward. I don`t want your family thinking that I`m a gold-digger or something." I said, panicking a little.
"Come on, Aly. Trust me, they wouldn`t think of you like that." He pouted.
"Edward! You said you didn`t buy this for me awhile ago. Ugh." I complained again.
"Well, I lied! I swear, I just said that so that you would agree. Besides, you wouldn`t have agreed if I said it was really for you. Aly!" He said, not giving up.
"Edward!" I hissed, and he shoved me the box again.
"Please? What do you want me to do for you to accept it? What? Do you want me to get on my knees? `Cause I would if you want." He asked, laughing a bit, but still not giving up.
"No. Edward! Stop it. Stop that! Don`t, don`t! Edward, I love you, but no."
"You said you love me right? Then as a sign of love accept it, please?" He pleaded once again.
"Oh, Edward. Ugh, Fine." I said, opening the box.

Only to reveal a beautiful diamond necklace that says "I Love You". He smiled my favorite smile and hugged me tight.

"Thank you. Here, I`ll put it on you." He said and put the necklace on me.
"It screams out my feelings for you. Oh and be used to this, because that`s certainly not the last gift you`re going to receive from me." He laughed his musical laugh and smiled at me.
"Ugh, fine. Okay, I`m seriously gonna wear it everyday. Always. I`ll only take it off when you replace it with a new one. I`ll only remove it if I don`t love you anymore. Which I highly doubt. So, you`re gonna be seeing this everyday." I giggled.
"Promise?" He asked.
"Promise."
"Well, now that`s all settled, let`s go. Up you go." He said smiling.
"Edward, you do know I can run like you can right? So there`s really no need to carry me anymore." I said.
"Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. But still. I insist. Besides, I like it when you`re on my back. I like how you wrap yourself around me while I run." He winked.
"Fine." I said, climbing on his back and wrapping myself around him.
"Better hold on tight, spider-monkey."

I laughed at his comment and then, we took off. I climbed off of him when we reached his house, and the other members of the Cullen family were waiting outside.

"Well, someone`s happy." Said Rosalie while grinning at me and Edward.
"Why? What are you all doing outside?" Edward asked.
"Alice said that she saw you figure out what Alyssa really is." Carlisle spoke.
"Oh. Yeah. So, I guess you know now?"
"Yes." Alice said happily.
"Oh. Then what`s up with the gathering?" He asked again.
"We just wanted to welcome Alyssa to the family." Esme said.
"Oh, so you know that Edward and I are. . ." I didn`t finish the sentence but they nodded, getting my message.
"She can come over anytime she wants. We`ll be great friends." Alice said.
"I agree. You should ask her to move in with us, Edward!" Rosalie beamed.
"She has a family too, you know." Edward explained.
"Yeah, we know, and it`s just nearby. So, she can come over there too whenever she wants. Duh." Emmett said pointing to my house right beside theirs.
"Ask Maegan and Vernon." Esme said.
"Alice?" Carlisle`s voice came.
"Yeah. They`ll agree. They`re even gonna be happy!" She said, seeing what`s gonna happen.
"Um, yeah, before you ask though, can I just tell them the news they`ve been waiting for?" I said laughing bit.
"Sure. We`ll be waiting inside." Alice said in her happy voice.
"Is it okay if I bring Edward with me though? I think he deserves to be introduced to my family too." I said with a wink and they agreed.

I rang the door bell and Nathan answered the door.

"Mom, dad, we have a visitor!" Nate said smirking at me and Edward and in came Maegan and Vernon.
"Oh Alyssa, you`re back!" Maegan said cheerfully, already knowing what`s going on.
"Come on in." Vernon said.
"Um. . . Mom, Dad, Nate. This is Edward." I said stuttering a bit.
"Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson and Nathan. I would like to formally introduce myself, I`m Edward Cullen." He said calmly.
"Oh yeah! I knew it, sis! Congrats, man." Nathan said happily and shook Edward`s hand.
"Sorry for that, Edward. Nathan`s just really happy Alyssa already found someone." Explained Maegan.
"So, what`s up Alyssa? Other than just wanting us to meet Edward?" Vernon said, trying to hide his happiness and just smirked.
"Um. . . Edward?" I said looking at him to see his expression. He looked calm.
"Well, my family was wondering if Alyssa can move in with us? She can come over here anytime she wants. And I promise to take care of her. Will you let her move in with us?" Edward asked, his expression just calm and confident.
"Sure. She might miss the human food though." Maegan and Vernon said.
"Aly can survive with blood." Nathan reminded.
"Don`t worry about that. We have food in our house. I`ll ask them to cook for her." He said and held my hand in his.
"Okay, well then, just go grab your things in your room and you`re free to go." Maegan said.
"They already packed for you. They saw this coming." Nathan grinned.
"Okay. Thanks. I`ll go through the window." I said and rushed to my room and got my things then hopped off with Edward to their house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter7 :)