Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Big Brother

A year has already passed and there were still no signs of a new neighbor. But still, I was worried sick, but I tried to conceal it from Edward, of course. I didn`t want him to be thinking that I`m crazy or something. Of course, I don`t want him to be thinking about that 'girl'. I woke up with a note, from Edward, so I sat up and read it.

Alyssa,

My family and I went hunting. Emmett was left since he said he still wasn`t thirsty. I asked him to watch over you. Don`t worry, you won`t be in danger when he`s around. I also asked him to cook something for your breakfast. In case you miss the human food already. Oh and please, watch over my heart alright? I left it with you. I Love You.
Be Safe.

Love,
Edward

I brushed my hair and teeth and was half-way down the staircase when Emmett-who was watching sports-looked up and flashed me a smile.

"Hey Aly!" He called as I descended the staircase.
"Hey Emmett!" I said, walking over to him and giving him a hug.
"Edward appointed me as your guardian while they`re hunting. Oh and, I prepared your breakfast. I hope you like it. It`s pretty simple though." He said with a chuckle as he led me to the kitchen.
"Bacon, hotdog, and eggs? Cool." I said as I started to eat my breakfast.
"Thank you, Emmett. Really. This is simple, but still, thank you." I said.
"Nah. No problem. It`s just what I had in mind." He said while watching me eat.
"Actually, this is my kind of meal." I said with a laugh.
"Really?" He asked, surprised.
"Yeah, besides animals` blood of course." I replied.

We just kept on talking while I ate. When I was finally done, I walked over to the sink, and washed the dish clean.

"Hey Emmett, I`ma go take a shower, I`ll be back in a bit." I said and he agreed.

After a few, I was back on Emmett`s side. He felt like a big brother to me and I really trust him too, like the other Cullens. Since we really have nothing to do, we just went outside and sat on the steps.

"Hey Emmett. Can you think of something that I can call you? Like a nickname for you or something." I asked looking up at him.
"Hmm. . . Lemme think." He said, looking up at the sky and rubbing his chin.
"Wait, why are you asking me do this again?" He asked.
"Well, since I never really had any brother, or if I did, I prolly never met him again. . . And I`m living here with you guys. . . I, uh. . . You`re kind of like a big brother to me. . . So, yeah. I mean, I think it`d be cool if I had a big brother who`d protect me from anything, you know. And you`re like a big brother to me now so, yeah." I explained.
"Wait, wait, wait. So you mean, that Nathan dude isn`t your real brother?" He asked with amazed eyes.
"No. I was just adopted by his real parents, Maegan and Vernon."
"So, you thought of something yet?" I added.
"Well, since you told me about that. . . How about, 'big brother?' or simply 'bro' or 'big bro'. . . Something like that. Then I`ll call you 'sis'." He said with a big grin on his face.
"Sure, 'big bro'. It`s nice I finally have a big bro. Even though it isn`t for real." I said grinning back at him.
"Anyway, bro, what do you think if another girl replaces me?"
"What do you mean? Like, Edward breaking up with you?" He asked, confused.
"Sure, something like that." I replied
"Well, I`m not sure. I mean, I guess I wouldn`t trust her that quickly. Wait, is that about that 'New girl moving and stealing Edward from Aly' thing that Alice saw in her vision?" He asked and now I looked surprised.
"Everyone knows about it already except him, so don`t worry." He assured me.
"Okay, good I wouldn`t need to explain then." I sighed.
"You won`t let that happen, will you?" He asked, with suddenly worried eyes.
"As much as possible, no. But, I might need some help." I said.
"Don`t worry sis, you`ve got all the help and support you need. The whole Cullen family, except Edward, of course-because he doesn`t know any of this, will be more than glad to help. Plus, if that does happen, and we meet the 'girl', I really think we wouldn`t be that close to her. Especially Rosalie, she doesn`t like any other girl touching our brother except you." He explained.
"Thanks, Emmett." I gave him a smile and we went inside the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 9 :) Hope you like it. :)